List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Recasting idea!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Recasting idea!

Started by Darlotto at 2013/09/04 03:06PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/05 07:37PM, Views: 757, Replies: 8
    page:
    #1   2013/09/04 03:06PM
    Recasting idea!
    Darlotto

So since Prospect Park has decided to shelve OLTL until the lawsuit has been settled I have an idea on casting two legends on Y&R. Erika Slezak as Dena Abbott and Robin Strasser as Gloria Fisher Abbott. The legends would add alot to the show and mix it up with the other Y&R legends. With the death of Jenne Cooper the show would be wise to add two legends as Slezik and Strasser to the cast

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/04 03:10PM
    #2   2013/09/04 03:28PM
    Re: Recasting idea!
    Homesick Cajun

I don't want a recast for Gloria. I adore Judith Chapman.

Who were the two characters from OLTL that GH killed off that is at the bottom of this lawsuit?

#3   2013/09/04 05:24PM
    jacksmyguy

Quote Homesick Cajun: I don't want a recast for Gloria. I adore Judith Chapman.

Who were the two characters from OLTL that GH killed off that is at the bottom of this lawsuit?

I'm with you again HC. I too love Judith Chapman, who I think supplies plenty of spark to the show when they let her loose with some well-written/good material. Trouble is that under this regime they are wasting her talent. I do like Robin Strasser (haven't seen her for a very long time) but there are already so many new people who have been added that, at this point, I'd just like to see some of our own forgotten talent get some more well-deserved air time.

#4   2013/09/04 05:50PM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote jacksmyguy:

I'm with you again HC. I too love Judith Chapman, who I think supplies plenty of spark to the show when they let her loose with some well-written/good material. Trouble is that under this regime they are wasting her talent. I do like Robin Strasser (haven't seen her for a very long time) but there are already so many new people who have been added that, at this point, I'd just like to see some of our own forgotten talent get some more well-deserved air time.

Hi Jacks! So glad we are back to agreeing!

I was really curious about the two characters that were killed off from GH on OLTL. I don't watch either show, but was curious about the timeline. When were they killed off on GH. If a certain EP that we all know and love had anything to do with it. Apparently, from the lawsuit, that could be the final nail in the coffin for OLTL. Wondering if the soap killer has struck again from a distance.

#5   2013/09/04 06:12PM
    pgl35

Why in the world would Judith need replaced? She is wonderful and funny as Gloria, she has spark and I love her! She is a wonderful actress..They need to show her more often as a matter of fact! And might I say , she is one of the most beautiful women on the show. I don't know her age , but whatever she is gorgeous!

#6   2013/09/04 06:31PM
    jacksmyguy

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote jacksmyguy:

Hi Jacks! So glad we are back to agreeing!

I was really curious about the two characters that were killed off from GH on OLTL. I don't watch either show, but was curious about the timeline. When were they killed off on GH. If a certain EP that we all know and love had anything to do with it. Apparently, from the lawsuit, that could be the final nail in the coffin for OLTL. Wondering if the soap killer has struck again from a distance.

Sorry HC but I can't help you with this. The only show I watch other than Y&R is B&B and GH and those two are very sporadic. I was reading about the law suit mess too. I guess we better be careful about letting any of our vets cross over to another show or maybe they'll get killed off too and we'll never get them back. I imagine some dumb writer is in major trouble over this one. Maybe we could tell them that JFP was moonlighting and screwed up and we could ditch her that way. LOL! BTW, I'm glad we're simpatico again too.

#7   2013/09/04 06:44PM
    alanadz

Quote Darlotto: So since Prospect Park has decided to shelve OLTL until the lawsuit has been settled I have an idea on casting two legends on Y&R. Erika Slezak as Dena Abbott and Robin Strasser as Gloria Fisher Abbott. The legends would add alot to the show and mix it up with the other Y&R legends. With the death of Jenne Cooper the show would be wise to add two legends as Slezik and Strasser to the cast

The rating are not great for the show either.

#8   2013/09/05 07:07PM
    fairland

Quote jacksmyguy:

I am a Judith Chapman Fan as much as you tow are. I would love to see more Judith Chapman as Gloria on the show. Yes i do agree it is wasting they are wasting her talent as Gloria's character on the Y&R. we need more JUdith Chapman on the show of Young and the restless. I also understand that we have new character's on the show as well. I understand your argument and your point of view here, so many new people who have been added that, at this point. I also love the cast as is. That should never change right now or ever.

#9   2013/09/05 07:37PM
    Lizzytish

Quote jacksmyguy:

I adore Judith Chapman too -- Robin Strasser is wonderful, but no one could replace Judith in the role. Erika Slezak is a wonderful actress as well, but we don't need Dena Abbott on the show.

These recasts with actors who were popular on other shows never work out. A actor should be cast according to the characteristics of the character -- not just because of previous popularity.

Eden Regal and Debbie Morgan are evidence of that. They were both great on AMC as Bianca and Angie, but they both flopped on Y & R.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list