List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: YR40 Ratings same; Viewership Down

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

YR40 Ratings same; Viewership Down

Started by MsSuperSuds at 2013/08/30 11:24AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/09 09:59AM, Views: 3349, Replies: 51
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #41   2013/09/03 10:52PM
    Re: YR40 Ratings same; Viewership Down
    edaem1

Quote MsSuperSuds: Good posts, Shalaydra! You make some good points. Perhaps I am blind or prejudiced; but I cannot see a great difference in the viewership now than before the cbs dustup w/ TWC.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that MAB killed every good friendship and/or working relationship on Y&R & put everyoe into their own little pod, clique or corner of the world. Nobody mixes w/ or interacts w/ anyone outside that small circle which is a shame; b/c it kills the ensemble concept that BB so carefully developed over the years of production. JFP's attempts at friendships, relatioships & romances are falling just as flat as MAB's. There is no real chemistry between partners! And no time is given to the characters to develop any kind of relationships w/ each other.

Well thank goodness that JG was listening to BB and put Christine and Paul back together. A couple with chemistry and talent. Who'da thunk?

#42   2013/09/04 08:27AM
    janetb

Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote Kelby:
    Quote MsSuperSuds: If the rumors are true about Dylan being Nikki's long lost son just to attach him to a prominent family, I think this is going to be a huge mistake for Y&R to make. Sorassing children too quickly and shaking up the family trees has already caused enough grief and altered the history of the show drastically. Everybody in town does not have to related to each other or connected to some rich, prominent family to be a character of importance. Just write some good stories please! I want to see what this does for the ratings--if it is true.

Your post is so on the money. I agree with you whole heartedly.

Oldtimers & hardcore Y&R fans are getting excited about this Dylan/Nikki hookup as mother & son; b/c it gives MTS a storyline & puts her on the frontburner again. BUT I agree with Nelson Branco. This storyline is not about Nikki at all. Once Dylan is established as Nikki's son, this is all about Dylan & his life & times in GC. Nikki is a vet who is being used to give the character of Dylan some credence and a reason to eat & usurp the frontburner of Y&R alive. JFP is going to see that this happens unless the fans do not respond in a positive manner to it.

I'm a long time viewer and don't think Nikki needs another kid just because Katherine died.If it's Dylan , we know that he grew up in a good, loving home.The McAvoys will always be his parents, not Nikki and the biological father.Dylan doesn't need Nikki to have a s/l and attaching him to the Newmans is stupid.

#43   2013/09/04 12:38PM
    MsSuperSuds

I thought JG did a good job with this first episode of Catherine Chancellor's memorial service.

I haven't the faintest clue where the bloggers & posters get the idea that most of the memories came from MAB's reign. That is simply not true! JG did a good job of pulling memorable scenes from BB & LML as well. He used Kay's hospital scene from this year. There is too much good here to quibble over the little tidbits. Anyway, I hope the ratings show that.

I heard on the news that the TWC/cbs controversy has ended. They made a deal so those big markets that were excluded should be back i the fold ASAP. I can imagine that TWC lost a few customers to Verizon, AT&T, Frontier, etc. during the period that they blocked cbs.

#44   2013/09/06 10:58AM
    MsSuperSuds

I am now waiting for ratings for last week, August 25-29, 2013 to be posted.

#45   2013/09/06 11:07AM
    Kelby

I hope the ratings s.cked so we can get some decent change around here, or cancel this show already.

#46   2013/09/06 01:55PM
    PatF

For the next four weeks after this rating period, the show is only going up against 4.3-4.2 mil viewers each week, so I expect to see increases for at least four weeks in a row over last year.

Going forward with these new "writers"...I'm not so sure.

#47   2013/09/06 09:07PM
    Kelby

Quote PatF: For the next four weeks after this rating period, the show is only going up against 4.3-4.2 mil viewers each week, so I expect to see increases for at least four weeks in a row over last year.

Going forward with these new "writers"...I'm not so sure.

The increases will only be for the Katherine related stories. How sad that the rest of the show can not keep anyone's interest. At least not enough people to matter.

#48   2013/09/07 03:14AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote Kelby: I hope the ratings s.cked so we can get some decent change around here, or cancel this show already.

I agree. I expect a spike for the current week due to the memorial. Then I truly expect them to fall off dramatically. When they fall, hopefully it will be enough to make Sony wake up and make some dramatic changes in the current regime (JFP). So maybe the show can be salvaged.

#49   2013/09/07 03:15AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote MsSuperSuds: I thought JG did a good job with this first episode of Catherine Chancellor's memorial service.

I haven't the faintest clue where the bloggers & posters get the idea that most of the memories came from MAB's reign. That is simply not true! JG did a good job of pulling memorable scenes from BB & LML as well. He used Kay's hospital scene from this year. There is too much good here to quibble over the little tidbits. Anyway, I hope the ratings show that.

I heard on the news that the TWC/cbs controversy has ended. They made a deal so those big markets that were excluded should be back i the fold ASAP. I can imagine that TWC lost a few customers to Verizon, AT&T, Frontier, etc. during the period that they blocked cbs.

I was good with the first day of the memorial. I was good with the second until the focus shifted from Jeanne Cooper to Paul and Christine.

#50   2013/09/07 11:17AM
    MsSuperSuds

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote MsSuperSuds: I thought JG did a good job with this first episode of Catherine Chancellor's memorial service.

I was good with the first day of the memorial. I was good with the second until the focus shifted from Jeanne Cooper to Paul and Christine.

Yep, that was quite a switch--from a funeral to a wedding! Felt like the celebration of Kay's life went off-track there. Kay wanted a party but the wedding was not the way to get it. I guess the wedding was a celebration of new life; but having a baby born would have been the opposite of celebrating a death. Anyway, its done. So now for the reading of the will.

I am still waiting for the ratings for last week.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list