List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: YR40 Ratings same; Viewership Down

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

YR40 Ratings same; Viewership Down

Started by MsSuperSuds at 2013/08/30 11:24AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/09 09:59AM, Views: 3072, Replies: 51
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #11   2013/08/31 02:13PM
    Re: YR40 Ratings same; Viewership Down
    On a Clear Day

Quote Barbyboo: Well lets see why. We now have ghosts galore. We have Sharon ready for looney bin. We have nick living in a shoe house owning a sleezy bar. We have victor constantly screwing his kids. We have Victoria. Dumping Billy then taking him back constantly. Chloe's just a Adam hater giving Chelsea bad advise. We have Chelsea hiding paternity. We have summer moaning over lurch like brother. Wow and which storyline do you think is bringing down the curtain there's so many I need a Santa clause list

Haha, funny, and sad but true. Hey, don't forget the blogger yawn fest.

#12   2013/09/01 09:33AM
    MsSuperSuds

Y&R runs for 3 days next week in the US--Tues/Wed/Thurs.All three days are dedicated to Katherine Chancellors memorial, burial, party and reading of her will. Katherine Chancellor set the tone for Y&R. She was and still is THE most beloved & revered character on the show. The word from CDN friends is that the Tuesday episode is good. So perhaps episodes for the other two days will be as good as Tuesday's epi. I expect many lost viewers to either watch live or to VCR, DVR, Tivo all three days next week. I also expect ratings for next week to be much better than the past month. I am sure that if there is an increase in viewership, the ratings will be posted on time. We shall see if my high hopes & expectations for good shows are met! Thanks to JG! After that, anything goes!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/01 09:37AM
    #13   2013/09/01 11:08AM
    billsboy

I hate to say this but when Lynn Marie Latham was writing the show (and it was bad then) it was NOT as BAD as it is now.

#14   2013/09/01 11:27AM
    MsSuperSuds

Quote billsboy: I hate to say this but when Lynn Marie Latham was writing the show (and it was bad then) it was NOT as BAD as it is now.

There is a big difference in the creative processes of the three regimes. Lynn Marie Latham could at least write coherent stories with a beginning, a middle or climax and a resolution. I think most viewers who objected to her writing objected to the stories moreso than how they were written. LML was a writer who could tell good stories. I also liked that she was willing to go out on a limb (vary from the norm) to create new and/or or fresh stories whether you liked them or not. Can't say the same for either MAB's or JFP's regimes. Shock & awe w/ lots of sexual hookups, short marriages, quickie divorces masquerading as good storylines are not entertaining and just do not fit Y&R. Business storylines got lost somewhere & are never as good as then. One thing is for certain & that is LML kept the ratings above 4.0 while her successors have not.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/01 11:33AM
    #15   2013/09/01 11:50AM
    glh1950

Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote billsboy: I hate to say this but when Lynn Marie Latham was writing the show (and it was bad then) it was NOT as BAD as it is now.

There is a big difference in the creative processes of the three regimes. Lynn Marie Latham could at least write coherent stories with a beginning, a middle or climax and a resolution. I think most viewers who objected to her writing objected to the stories moreso than how they were written. LML was a writer who could tell good stories. I also liked that she was willing to go out on a limb (vary from the norm) to create new and/or or fresh stories whether you liked them or not. Can't say the same for either MAB's or JFP's regimes. Shock & awe w/ lots of sexual hookups, short marriages, quickie divorces masquerading as good storylines are not entertaining and just do not fit Y&R. Business storylines got lost somewhere & are never as good as then. One thing is for certain & that is LML kept the ratings above 4.0 while her successors have not.

ITA. Business lines are nowhere and the rest are rehashed.

#16   2013/09/01 03:09PM
    jeanie5815

I just read a side picture of the CBS CEO, stating that Y/R and B/B are in "fact going to be around for a long time." He said on July 30,2013, in an interview, that he and the rest are "pleased" with what has been going on with both shows. Both shows have been renewed for 2014.

#17   2013/09/01 05:03PM
    Sylviastel

Yes, their contracts are up next year! If he is pretending all is right with both shows right then they are both in serious trouble!
    I don't what CBS CEO is saying because he doesn't want to come across badly in front of readers or the public!
    I don't believe them because they could cancel both soaps and replace them cheaply with talk shows etc. they just the soap ratings low enough to be justified in canceling them! While I'm a diehard soap fan for 30 years, I've watched them all at one time or another.
    Viewership might be off because of the ongoing dispute with time Warner. Once a soap loses viewers, they are tough to get back! This week will be one to watch because its well deserved for Kay's final goodbye! I think with tennis preempt ong 2 days will hurt the ratings this week! Also next week, many schools reopen too! We just have to wait & see!

#18   2013/09/01 11:47PM
    Ethelmae02

Quote Barbyboo: Well lets see why. We now have ghosts galore. We have Sharon ready for looney bin. We have nick living in a shoe house owning a sleezy bar. We have victor constantly screwing his kids. We have Victoria. Dumping Billy then taking him back constantly. Chloe's just a Adam hater giving Chelsea bad advise. We have Chelsea hiding paternity. We have summer moaning over lurch like brother. Wow and which storyline do you think is bringing down the curtain there's so many I need a Santa clause list
    pretty much sums it UP for me as well.

#19   2013/09/02 02:45AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote MsSuperSuds: Y&R runs for 3 days next week in the US--Tues/Wed/Thurs.All three days are dedicated to Katherine Chancellors memorial, burial, party and reading of her will. Katherine Chancellor set the tone for Y&R. She was and still is THE most beloved & revered character on the show. The word from CDN friends is that the Tuesday episode is good. So perhaps episodes for the other two days will be as good as Tuesday's epi. I expect many lost viewers to either watch live or to VCR, DVR, Tivo all three days next week. I also expect ratings for next week to be much better than the past month. I am sure that if there is an increase in viewership, the ratings will be posted on time. We shall see if my high hopes & expectations for good shows are met! Thanks to JG! After that, anything goes!

From what I have read only Tuesday and Wednesday are devoted to Jeanne Cooper. Thursday we go back to Chelsea/Dylan/Adam. But maybe viewers from Tuesday and Wednesday will tune in just to see if there is more. As for the Time Warner situation, if I were a TW customer and had gone this long without watching, I wouldn't tune back in. For me, now this show is just a bad habit and once the withdrawals were over I wouldn't start again. I do expect the ratings to be up for Jeanne Cooper but I know a lot of viewers that were only still watching for that reason alone and afterwards had no interest in any ongoing s/l's. So I look for a dramatic decrease following next week. I am anxious to see what happens when JFP's contract is up for renewal. If it is renewed then that will be the deciding factor for me.

#20   2013/09/02 02:51AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote Kelby:
    Quote MsSuperSuds: If the rumors are true about Dylan being Nikki's long lost son just to attach him to a prominent family, I think this is going to be a huge mistake for Y&R to make. Sorassing children too quickly and shaking up the family trees has already caused enough grief and altered the history of the show drastically. Everybody in town does not have to related to each other or connected to some rich, prominent family to be a character of importance. Just write some good stories please! I want to see what this does for the ratings--if it is true.

Your post is so on the money. I agree with you whole heartedly.

Oldtimers & hardcore Y&R fans are getting excited about this Dylan/Nikki hookup as mother & son; b/c it gives MTS a storyline & puts her on the frontburner again. BUT I agree with Nelson Branco. This storyline is not about Nikki at all. Once Dylan is established as Nikki's son, this is all about Dylan & his life & times in GC. Nikki is a vet who is being used to give the character of Dylan some credence and a reason to eat & usurp the frontburner of Y&R alive. JFP is going to see that this happens unless the fans do not respond in a positive manner to it.

No, this s/l is not about MTS at all. The fans have been quite vocal about the possibility of this s/l and they are not happy about it. My biggest problem with it is not so much the rewriting of history as it is JFP's means to an end, using the death of Jeanne Cooper to take the opportunity to make Dylan (SB) a member of a core family. This s/l should be about JC but JFP has to include SB in the mix and that is just not right. He doesn't deserve to be any part of this s/l. He has not earned that right. This should be about the vets exclusively and how JC impacted their lives. Not how JFP can now make Dylan Nikki's long lost son.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list