List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: "Sharon is NOT the same person AT ALL"

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

"Sharon is NOT the same person AT ALL"

Started by legacy63 at 2013/08/29 10:08AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/09 07:40AM, Views: 3665, Replies: 75
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:
    #21   2013/08/31 10:07AM
    Re:
    Stemp

I love SC and SN. The only reason I've been a devoted fan was bc of Shick bk in the day. I left for years bc of Phyllis --that whole s/l seemed just so off. Sharon is easy to like and watch. I'm hoping JFP will fix her character and bring her full circle to the loving, and amazing mom, wife she was with Nicholas in the beginning. Besides I do feel her meds have been tampered with or there is something else going on to have brought her into psychosis. She needs love not hate. Geez these actor bashing threads on Sharon are getting off the charts hatred. Box office poison? Seriously, get a grip. FANS LOVE SHARON!!! She is soapy gold for Y & R and they know it!!!

#22   2013/09/01 11:05AM
    Re:
    billsboy

Sharon is not the same person she once was because of : Cassie's death, Nick and Phyllis (Sharon falling off a cliff after the fight with Dru and Phyllis over the cellphone), her marriage to Jack crumbling, Brad's death, Adam (and Skye falling in a volcano in Hawaii then spending a year in jail for a crime she didnot committ and escaping plus being carjacked in the process)and the baby switching with Faith, Victor marrying her twice then denoucing her Tucker using her and Noah walking away from her hours before she burned down the ranch...plus lets not forget all the other things that have pushed her to the edge prior to Cassie's death: Cameron Kirsten, Matt Clark, and Frank Barrett- Cassies father who abandoned Sharon after she became pregnant with Cassie plus, Doris becoming paralyzed in a car accident when she tried to find Sharon the night she lost her virginity and got pregnant with Cassie...after all this in the last 19 years its no wonder Sharon DOES have mental problems!

#23   2013/09/01 03:03PM
    Re:
    Charlie Big

I think that Sharon is the same person. What I think has happened, however, is that Sharon's illness has progressed and she can't hide it anymore. I am sure that there was a perception that this character was such a goody person, the sweet one, etc. That was never who Sharon was, but as we can see, that is how she projects herself to get what she wants from men. Sharon has never had any friends because she was always so dependent on the men she was with, she didn't want friends to interfer with that. I also think that Sharon never wanted to risk being found out. She has spent most of her adult life trying to hide this illness and denying it, even to herself.

Sharon doesn't need "fixing" to back where she was. What Sharon needs is help for her mental problems so that her real personality can merge itself. The myth of that old Sharon, was just that. Sharon was never the good person and goody girl. The one with a real heart. We see that. It was all manipulation to get what she wanted.

Sharon is indeed the same person, we are just seeing her more clearly for who she really is. Helpless, a cronic victim, a person who is mentally unstable and in complete denial about it. A toxic, co-dependent who is just lazy. It is as simple as that. Sharon is no better than any other female character on the show, but she is the dumbest, that is for sure.

#24   2013/09/01 03:11PM
    Re:
    villyforever55

Quote Charlie Big: I think that Sharon is the same person. What I think has happened, however, is that Sharon's illness has progressed and she can't hide it anymore. I am sure that there was a perception that this character was such a goody person, the sweet one, etc. That was never who Sharon was, but as we can see, that is how she projects herself to get what she wants from men. Sharon has never had any friends because she was always so dependent on the men she was with, she didn't want friends to interfer with that. I also think that Sharon never wanted to risk being found out. She has spent most of her adult life trying to hide this illness and denying it, even to herself.

Sharon doesn't need "fixing" to back where she was. What Sharon needs is help for her mental problems so that her real personality can merge itself. The myth of that old Sharon, was just that. Sharon was never the good person and goody girl. The one with a real heart. We see that. It was all manipulation to get what she wanted.

Sharon is indeed the same person, we are just seeing her more clearly for who she really is. Helpless, a cronic victim, a person who is mentally unstable and in complete denial about it. A toxic, co-dependent who is just lazy. It is as simple as that. Sharon is no better than any other female character on the show, but she is the dumbest, that is for sure.

That's the Sharon I remember and I was watching from the moment her and Nick first got together. She has always been weak and dependent on someone else to save her. Hopefully, she'll get the help she has needed for so long.

#25   2013/09/01 03:42PM
    Re:
    jacksmyguy

Quote JenG61: Ahhh but she is the same person she has always been. When she first made the scene with Nick she was a liar, told him she was a virgin LMAO OMG she was a golddigger and well all the rest. She has a history of all of that and it is just sickening. She years ago kissed Victor EWWWW her father in law and bam low and behold she did indeed years later marry him. How sick is that? Somehow the writers I guess figured they would try to give a name to her antics of late and call it bipolar disorder which is an insult to anyone with BPD. Sharon is a needy, manipulative, liar and will even use her children to get what she wants. Enough with Sharon on Y and R, it is over for her and has been for a very long time with the majority of viewers. Most hated female character on a soap.

You are right about Sharon's behavior going way back. I still remember how she stole Victoria's boyfriend from her by seducing him back when she first came on the show. If the guy even glanced her way and wore pants she couldn't wait to get into them. However, I will say that Nick seemed to be the best for her and she seemed the most grounded with him.

#26   2013/09/01 10:22PM
    Re:
    Charlie Big

Quote jacksmyguy:
    Quote JenG61: Ahhh but she is the same person she has always been. When she first made the scene with Nick she was a liar, told him she was a virgin LMAO OMG she was a golddigger and well all the rest. She has a history of all of that and it is just sickening. She years ago kissed Victor EWWWW her father in law and bam low and behold she did indeed years later marry him. How sick is that? Somehow the writers I guess figured they would try to give a name to her antics of late and call it bipolar disorder which is an insult to anyone with BPD. Sharon is a needy, manipulative, liar and will even use her children to get what she wants. Enough with Sharon on Y and R, it is over for her and has been for a very long time with the majority of viewers. Most hated female character on a soap.

You are right about Sharon's behavior going way back. I still remember how she stole Victoria's boyfriend from her by seducing him back when she first came on the show. If the guy even glanced her way and wore pants she couldn't wait to get into them. However, I will say that Nick seemed to be the best for her and she seemed the most grounded with him.

I always thought that he was the worst for her because he is as weak as she is. He basically fed the co-dependence in the relationship between them and was her enabler. He never could help her because he never knew how. He just kept accepting her adultry in the marriage and stayed with the children when she would leave them to go find herself. Nick was never good for her because he never understood how sick she really was and how much help she really needed. Nick and Sharon are both very lazy people who look for lines of least resistance. He never could help himself, let alone Sharon. Sharon used the security of being with Nick to hide her true self but as time passed it became harder and harder. She fell apart but it was because she kept looking for all of th3 wrong ways to help herself. She still is.

#27   2013/09/01 11:34PM
    Re:
    Ethelmae02

Quote vikis3:
    Quote canada gal:
    Quote Shick-IZ-Sexy:
    Quote rottenraz:
    Quote laurie6: I don't know to many people who are the same as they were when they were younger. Something is obviously wrong with Sharon but she seems to be able to control it when she is around others.

The being able to control the crazy is what tells me she is not that crazy. She only has these hallucinations when she is alone. She choses to be crazy when she needs to be crazy.

Actually her character is acting very true to real life mental illness, so its not at all fake. A person with BP can remain completly calm and controlled in front of others, and lose the plot alone or when with someone very close to them. A person with BP cannot 'choose' when they are crazy! They cannot regulate their feelings like someone without a mental illness.

Sharon is not herself at all now and there is going to be a very good reason for it which we will soon find out and it will explain it all. She may have messed with the DNA test, but its only cause someone messed with her first so its on them! Just MHO though.

Great post, Shick-iz-sexy. I absolutely agree and SC is showing how great an actress she is.

I agree...this board also shows it, just look at all the threads about her...good or bad, Sharon has them talking
    and so......thats what this MESSAGE BOARD is for to talk about the soap and its characters...and??????

#28   2013/09/01 11:36PM
    Re:
    Ethelmae02

Quote LilMonkey84:
    Quote Shick-IZ-Sexy:
    Quote rottenraz:
    Quote laurie6: I don't know to many people who are the same as they were when they were younger. Something is obviously wrong with Sharon but she seems to be able to control it when she is around others.

The being able to control the crazy is what tells me she is not that crazy. She only has these hallucinations when she is alone. She choses to be crazy when she needs to be crazy.

Actually her character is acting very true to real life mental illness, so its not at all fake. A person with BP can remain completly calm and controlled in front of others, and lose the plot alone or when with someone very close to them. A person with BP cannot 'choose' when they are crazy! They cannot regulate their feelings like someone without a mental illness.

Sharon is not herself at all now and there is going to be a very good reason for it which we will soon find out and it will explain it all. She may have messed with the DNA test, but its only cause someone messed with her first so its on them! Just MHO though.

So you're saying that it is Summer's fault that Sharon changed the DNA results because Summer messed with her first by being born? Summer is the victim here and she can't be blamed for her conception and birth. What Sharon is doing to her is cruel, completely unfair and the blame lies solely on Sharon.

If I'm misunderstanding you please clarify what you mean by the boldest part of your post.
    you got that right! so I guess its Summer's fault she was born. If thats the case, then what is Faith? Sharon is nothing but a 'baby's mama". Phylis never mistreat Faith as she is doing Summer.

#29   2013/09/01 11:38PM
    Re:
    Ethelmae02

excellent worded!!!!!! she was a schemer from day one. Not one thing has changed about the man trapper. Going round and round back and forth between the Newman men. Only thing is they used a mental illness to excuse her rotten behavior. Wont work!

#30   2013/09/02 04:15AM
    Re:
    Bossier

Quote villyforever55:
    Quote Charlie Big: I think that Sharon is the same person. What I think has happened, however, is that Sharon's illness has progressed and she can't hide it anymore. I am sure that there was a perception that this character was such a goody person, the sweet one, etc. That was never who Sharon was, but as we can see, that is how she projects herself to get what she wants from men. Sharon has never had any friends because she was always so dependent on the men she was with, she didn't want friends to interfer with that. I also think that Sharon never wanted to risk being found out. She has spent most of her adult life trying to hide this illness and denying it, even to herself.

That's the Sharon I remember and I was watching from the moment her and Nick first got together. She has always been weak and dependent on someone else to save her. Hopefully, she'll get the help she has needed for so long.

That is the Sharon that has always been here.. weak and needy and very manipulative. Sharon is passive aggressive in the way she interacts with people.. passive with men and very mean and agressive with women. That is why she has no friends and hasn't since she pushed her other bestie off the cliff.. She stole her first besties bf.. She came on this show full of lies .

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list