List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Phyllis

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Phyllis

Started by Lizzytish at 2013/08/29 09:38AM
    Latest post: 2013/08/29 08:22PM, Views: 3636, Replies: 33
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2013/08/29 09:38AM
    Phyllis
    Lizzytish

OK, so Michelle left the role -- and I can't imagine anyone ever trying to be Phyllis in the future -- so why don't they just pull the plug on the character and let Summer grow up and accept what happened. There's no need to shun Nick -- and there's no reason not to get closer to your bio-Dad - since you've known him most of your life anyway. Geez, her moping and whining is really getting on my nerves.

Let Jack move on with his life too.

#2   2013/08/29 09:41AM
    Re: Phyllis
    bukopandan

I think there were some very good scenes, but I can't stand when she starts making faces and doing her nasally baby talk as she becomes so wrapped up in herself (and also when talking about Kyle as if they ever had a real romance). It's frustrating to see the character going back to the kind of stuff that was part of the very shallow Summer of some months back. Of course things are complicated with the adults in her life, but she's starting to wear on my nerves again.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/29 09:43AM
    #3   2013/08/29 09:43AM
    alanadz

Quote Lizzytish: OK, so Michelle left the role -- and I can't imagine anyone ever trying to be Phyllis in the future -- so why don't they just pull the plug on the character and let Summer grow up and accept what happened. There's no need to shun Nick -- and there's no reason not to get closer to your bio-Dad - since you've known him most of your life anyway. Geez, her moping and whining is really getting on my nerves.

Let Jack move on with his life too.

Let Jack move on with is life? What would is that?

#4   2013/08/29 09:44AM
    alanadz

Quote bukopandan: I think there were some very good scenes, but I can't stand when she starts making faces and doing her nasally baby talk as she becomes so wrapped up in herself (and also when talking about Kyle as if they ever had a real romance). It's frustrating to see the character going back to the kind of stuff that was part of the very shallow Summer of some months back. Of course things are complicated with the adults in her life, but she's starting to wear on my nerves again.

Well if Miss crazy pants Sharon had left things alone, Summer would NOT be going through this. And she would have her mother too!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/29 09:51AM
    #5   2013/08/29 10:12AM
    bukopandan

Quote alanadz:
    Quote bukopandan: I think there were some very good scenes, but I can't stand when she starts making faces and doing her nasally baby talk as she becomes so wrapped up in herself (and also when talking about Kyle as if they ever had a real romance). It's frustrating to see the character going back to the kind of stuff that was part of the very shallow Summer of some months back. Of course things are complicated with the adults in her life, but she's starting to wear on my nerves again.

Well if Miss crazy pants Sharon had left things alone, Summer would be going through this. And she would have her mother too!

She'd still be doing what she's doing. No matter what happens, that valley girl-shallow thing surfaces with her character.

And I don't buy that there's not more to come as a twist.

Having "her mother" is kind of hard for me to have a lot of empathy with because for so many years it was absolutely not believable to me that Phyl had given birth to and raised a daughter. Daniel as an infant and toddler was just a prop way back when (and Phyl was played by someone else), and when he returned he was much older and she related to him as if her were a buddy. I never saw a real mommy/mom with a younger Daniel, which was due in large part to the writing of Daniel's life, but all the years when there was a Summer, I never could believe that Phyl was actually Summer's mom. Sharon always came across as having had children. Even with her failings, I did believe she had given birth to her children and raised them. Phyl felt to me like a playgirl and mean girl who sometimes had children in her story lines. Summer as being Phyl's daughter has been very hard to believe over the years. They did recently have some decent scenes that were pretty convincing, but because all in all I have not felt that Phyl gave birth to Summer and raised her from a baby to a little girl to now adult, it's now hard to feel all that much concern. Seeing this past year's sudden major developments between Summer and Phyl have taken a certain amount of ignoring how it has felt as a viewer to watch Phyl as a "mother" to Summer and accept, too, that Summer's life is so torn apart because her dear mom is now in a coma. Yeah, any kid's life would be torn apart if his or her parent were in a coma, but the super-sorasing of Summer and sudden coma as an exit for MS has really taken away from my ability to feel as much as I should be able to right now. There were only a number of months for a now-grown Summer to create a bond with Phyl for the viewers. And the quickness of the Kyle "romance" was even worse. I know MS wanted to exit, but the writers have no sense of what it really takes to create characters who are believable to all viewers and not just the fans of particular ones.

#6   2013/08/29 10:22AM
    Coonfoot

Quote alanadz:

Well if Miss crazy pants Sharon had left things alone, Summer would NOT be going through this. And she would have her mother too!

You know, the name "Miss Crazy Pants" could be used to describe to any female character on this show at any given time, just give it a few months or years and there will be another character to call this name or any other name that can be conjured up. LOL!!!

#7   2013/08/29 11:09AM
    JenG61

No, I think Miss Crazy Pants is good just for Sharon!! LOL...she is pathetic as a mom, and a woman, always has been always will be. Anyhow, Phyllis character I dont believe is essential to the success of Y and R but if they recast her It would be good just to see her get in Miss Crazy pants face and get her busted LMAO. The other ladies on the show, no matter what they do or have done is just more accepted and fun to viewers than Sharons antics. Sharon is vile. She just is and I dont know why its just so sickening to watch her.

#8   2013/08/29 11:54AM
    laurie6

Quote bukopandan:
    Quote alanadz:

Well if Miss crazy pants Sharon had left things alone, Summer would be going through this. And she would have her mother too!

She'd still be doing what she's doing. No matter what happens, that valley girl-shallow thing surfaces with her character.

And I don't buy that there's not more to come as a twist.

Having "her mother" is kind of hard for me to have a lot of empathy with because for so many years it was absolutely not believable to me that Phyl had given birth to and raised a daughter. Daniel as an infant and toddler was just a prop way back when (and Phyl was played by someone else), and when he returned he was much older and she related to him as if her were a buddy. I never saw a real mommy/mom with a younger Daniel, which was due in large part to the writing of Daniel's life, but all the years when there was a Summer, I never could believe that Phyl was actually Summer's mom. Sharon always came across as having had children. Even with her failings, I did believe she had given birth to her children and raised them. Phyl felt to me like a playgirl and mean girl who sometimes had children in her story lines. Summer as being Phyl's daughter has been very hard to believe over the years. They did recently have some decent scenes that were pretty convincing, but because all in all I have not felt that Phyl gave birth to Summer and raised her from a baby to a little girl to now adult, it's now hard to feel all that much concern. Seeing this past year's sudden major developments between Summer and Phyl have taken a certain amount of ignoring how it has felt as a viewer to watch Phyl as a "mother" to Summer and accept, too, that Summer's life is so torn apart because her dear mom is now in a coma. Yeah, any kid's life would be torn apart if his or her parent were in a coma, but the super-sorasing of Summer and sudden coma as an exit for MS has really taken away from my ability to feel as much as I should be able to right now. There were only a number of months for a now-grown Summer to create a bond with Phyl for the viewers. And the quickness of the Kyle "romance" was even worse. I know MS wanted to exit, but the writers have no sense of what it really takes to create characters who are believable to all viewers and not just the fans of particular ones.

LOL, Sharon abandoned her kids more then once and let them believe she was dead she also fell for the man who stole her daughter, I don't see how she is so believable as a mother

#9   2013/08/29 12:06PM
    alanadz

Miss crazy pants is Sharon and only Sharon! I expect her to be back home at the loony bin pretty soon.

Phyllis is gone and phaters are still bashing her. WOW!

#10   2013/08/29 12:10PM
    Tuttifruiti

The fact that they haven't pulled the plug on her or have her die when Michelle was leaving suggests to me that there may well be a recast. Maybe they are giving the fans a break from the role of Phyllis so it won't be as hard to see someone come in to play her.

1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list