List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: What was last story line that had you glued to TV?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What was last story line that had you glued to TV?

Started by Epiphany at 2013/08/19 09:30AM
    Latest post: 2013/08/20 09:15PM, Views: 1248, Replies: 28
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2013/08/20 06:10AM
    Re: What was last story line that had you glued to TV?
    dafyduc

Gosh, I am sad to admit that it has been so long I really don't remember the last time YR held me captivated. And that is a shame because it sure used to back in the day. I remember my neighbor checking to see if I was all right because I screamed so loud when the dna results came back with Victor as the father of Victoria. I also remember when lauren was buried alive and the waiting to see if Paul would find her in time

#12   2013/08/20 06:16AM
    kn1231

I think the Ricky storyline was so well done. People complain about the writing on here all the time, but if those people couldn't see the great writing in that storyline, I might have to question their opinions on the writing. That was a great storyline, give credit where credit is due.

#13   2013/08/20 06:27AM
    dafyduc

In response to the ricky storyline being so fantastic, that was just wash, rinse repeat. Isabella, sheila, patty all come to mind. That would be like me taking a Stephen King novel and changing a few characters names then call myself a fantastic writer. It would still be same ole same ole

#14   2013/08/20 06:34AM
    kn1231

Quote dafyduc: In response to the ricky storyline being so fantastic, that was just wash, rinse repeat. Isabella, sheila, patty all come to mind. That would be like me taking a Stephen King novel and changing a few characters names then call myself a fantastic writer. It would still be same ole same ole

When is there ever an original idea in soaps? Every soaps reuses plots and ideas they have already done before. When was the last time this soap did anything new? The acting and the writing of that storyline was fantastic. But clearly, you are not going to admit that.

#15   2013/08/20 02:24PM
    lbugcoco

The end of Ricky's story line and Who killed Diane.

#16   2013/08/20 02:31PM
    lmfan

The bullying story and the Baldwin family drama. I hated the affair part but the acting and writing was very good during the bullying part and then the fallout of the affair and the reconciliation of Likey. The only part I don't like is Carmine getting away with stalking and harassing Likey.

Prior to that it was when Paul shot Ricky and the aftermath before it turned into a story mostly about Phyllis.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/20 02:33PM
    #17   2013/08/20 02:43PM
    lkail67

I caught the tail-end of the Cassie dying s/l, but I missed a few years of watching. that is when I started watching again. and I thought it was very sad. IMO, I also thought that the Summer paternity s/l had so much potential and depth to it, however it lost its powerfulness when they had to bring Sharon into by saying she switched the results... I keep asking myself (WHY????). I would have much preferred that they would have written it with everyone being very mad at Nick for what he did. The writers need to fix this somehow.. although I do like Grimes as an actress.. she is not very useful to this s/l. I also like Sharon, and I do not like what the writers are doing to her character... I would like the s/l to stay with Jack as Summers father and for Sharon to realize that she imagine that she switched the results. and for Jack and Summer to find their way towards a father/daughter relationship. Maybe all 3 of them could form a father/daughter relationship.

I would also have to say that my favorite s/l was Michael Damien (Danny) and Lauralee Bell ( Christine) love story... their wedding in Hawaii was just so awesome.

#18   2013/08/20 02:51PM
    bukopandan

Although TY dropped the ball so many times, last summer was still pretty riveting. The Ricky stuff got SO good. And Phyl's reckless behavior with Tim, etc. that culminated with her miscarriage and beginning of the end for her dream of a life with Nick was so satisfying to this Phyllis hater. Jamie's story had me, but then there was more ball droppage. Right now, I'm not really feeling glued to the screen for one particular story but more for seeing certain characters, like Alex and, this week too, Jill.

#19   2013/08/20 03:14PM
    Darlotto

Jack and Brad taking over Newman as well Victor returns from the dead. Anything Victor vs Jack got and still has my attention

#20   2013/08/20 04:00PM
    Coonfoot

Katherine and Phillip's relationship/divorce and Jill's involvement, kept me wondering what were they going to do to each other next! Victor and Nikki's first and second weddings kept my attention, both before and after each one, cause you knew Victor was going to screw up. Also the story about Brad and his real lineage coming to light and the mystery and intrigue in that whole story. Sharon and Nick's wedding and all of their ups and downs kept me interested. The next one to keep my attention was when Hope died and Adam came to town. My expectations for Adam quickly went from being glad there was another Newman male for Victor to pick on, to WTH, he's a psycho! Had to keep watching to see what he was going to do next. But, I'm glad they have redeemed his character and if they can redeem that psycho, they can redeem Sharon!

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list