List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Why is everyone obsessed with Chelsea lying?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why is everyone obsessed with Chelsea lying?

Started by taramartin at 2013/08/16 09:40AM
    Latest post: 2013/08/16 05:36PM, Views: 1202, Replies: 23
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2013/08/16 12:37PM
    Re: Why is everyone obsessed with Chelsea lying?
    trinilisa

Quote REDMIDGET:
    Quote trinilisa:
    Quote taramartin: Why do fans get so angry about Chelsea lying to Adam and Dylan?
    Sharon lies ALL The time.
    Victor lies on a regular basis.
    Kevin lies to Chloe and the police.
    Victoria is currently keeping the paternity to herself.
    Billy always lies to Victoria.
    Chloe thinks up lies for friends.
    Obviously, this list could go on and on. True, I am a Chelsea fan. Her big lie is to protect her son. She could be trying to get Adam's $$$ but just wants a loving home for him. Yes, I remember she was raised a con artist. Is it because she is a newbie that everyone is hard on her?

*DISCLAIMER*
    I am not here to intentionally offend any fans or fan bases; just voicing mhy opinion, and I am sorry in advance if it offends some...From what I've seen on this board, I have an opinion on this question. First of all, the writers put Adam and Chelsea together, so that upset some fan bases (which I've seen on this board). It was made worse when the writers decided to marry them. A lot were on about how Chelsea sucked the life out of Adam and that he belonged with Sharon, etc, etc; I even read where some thought that MCE's acting was not up to par with MM and that he was making her look good. There was also a thread about why MCE was invited to The Talk and not SC. Then after Sharon was "diagnosed", the writers had Chelsea go and, some thought confront her, I thought she was telling Sharon that they would help her, but she'd better not interfere with Chadam's marriage. Chelsea was accused of taking advantage of someone who was mentally and emotionally unstable. Then they had Chelsea give Adam (some say choice, some say ultimatum) to either leave GC or it was over. Of course, NE is in Adam's blood...Adam always wanted to have Victor's love as a father...how could she...she's being unreasonable...(all the while, Sharon was also coming in-between them). Then they had Chelsea become pregnant and hide it, although she tried to tell Adam a few times...I'll always remember the hospital scene where she told him, and he could care less about her, even in his sleep, because he woke up and called Sharon's name. So the writers have villified Chelsea in order to prop Adam's character, imho...to gain him sympathy...add to his pity party...oh poor woe is Adam...
    I could be wrong, but I didn't see so much hate for Chelsea when she came in as a con artest and was conning Villie. I mean, I saw hate for her (obviously), but not as much as I've seen against her for upsetting Adam and Sharon...just my $0.02.

We all welcome your &0.02 thats what make the world go around. I hate this baby thing. And all the lying when it come to a baby, I have always hated the Sharon and Adam thing, I throught Chlesea and Adam was a better match. The two of them was made for each other.The two of them was there for each other and had each other back.

Thank you. I know I have a lot of contraversial opinions...
    I hated that the writers made Chelsea cowwer like that, rather than just tell him, even though Shimbo was in her blouse. I don't get all those nightmares about him talking the baby, and I definitely don't get the whole Chloe influence thing. It's totally messed up...

#12   2013/08/16 12:39PM
    trinilisa

Quote REDMIDGET:
    Quote trinilisa:
    Quote taramartin: Why do fans get so angry about Chelsea lying to Adam and Dylan?
    Obviously, this list could go on and on. True, I am a Chelsea fan. Her big lie is to protect her son. She could be trying to get Adam's $$$ but just wants a loving home for him. Yes, I remember she was raised a con artist. Is it because she is a newbie that everyone is hard on her?

*DISCLAIMER*
    I am not here to intentionally offend any fans or fan bases; just voicing mhy opinion, and I am sorry in advance if it offends some...From what I've seen on this board, I have an opinion on this question. First of all, the writers put Adam and Chelsea together, so that upset some fan bases (which I've seen on this board). It was made worse when the writers decided to marry them. A lot were on about how Chelsea sucked the life out of Adam and that he belonged with Sharon, etc, etc; I even read where some thought that MCE's acting was not up to par with MM and that he was making her look good. There was also a thread about why MCE was invited to The Talk and not SC. Then after Sharon was "diagnosed", the writers had Chelsea go and, some thought confront her, I thought she was telling Sharon that they would help her, but she'd better not interfere with Chadam's marriage. Chelsea was accused of taking advantage of someone who was mentally and emotionally unstable. Then they had Chelsea give Adam (some say choice, some say ultimatum) to either leave GC or it was over. Of course, NE is in Adam's blood...Adam always wanted to have Victor's love as a father...how could she...she's being unreasonable...(all the while, Sharon was also coming in-between them). Then they had Chelsea become pregnant and hide it, although she tried to tell Adam a few times...I'll always remember the hospital scene where she told him, and he could care less about her, even in his sleep, because he woke up and called Sharon's name. So the writers have villified Chelsea in order to prop Adam's character, imho...to gain him sympathy...add to his pity party...oh poor woe is Adam...
    I could be wrong, but I didn't see so much hate for Chelsea when she came in as a con artest and was conning Villie. I mean, I saw hate for her (obviously), but not as much as I've seen against her for upsetting Adam and Sharon...just my $0.02.

We all welcome your &0.02 thats what make the world go around. I hate this baby thing. And all the lying when it come to a baby, I have always hated the Sharon and Adam thing, I throught Chlesea and Adam was a better match. The two of them was made for each other.The two of them was there for each other and had each other back.

I thought that Chelsea humanized Adam; I could actually tolerate him with Chelsea...

#13   2013/08/16 12:41PM
    trinilisa

Quote CdnMama:
    Quote glh1950: I don't think the issue is that she's a liar. It's the subject of the lie, a child, and the fact that we know her reason is false, Adam is a monster, and we know she doesn't believe it either. She got herself stuck in the lie, no thanks to Chloe, and it got bigger and bigger. We've all gone through or lived the lesson of the lie that grew and blew up and as kids we all learned why you don't want to lie. She's stuck now, living every kids nightmare of the lie the wouldn't die. She's trying to brave it out, as the good con her con mama taught her to be, yet knowing at any minute her balloon could burst. IMO we're obsessed with the truth coming out for Adam and Dylan as the fathers. She's already sorry she knows she's hurting them both and ultimately her child as well.

Adam not a monster? Maybe he's been behaving himself lately but he would not hesitate in a second to exact his revenge on Chelsea for this. This is the same guy who made Ashley lose her baby, then threw the baby into the fireplace to cover it up, then proceeded to take faith from Sharon and tell her she was born deformed and died, all the while handing her off to Ashley to raise, then let's not forget all his other evil deeds shall we. Monster? I'd say he is. Maybe he is on the road to redemption now. But just you wait. Chelsea had better leave town quick before Adam catches onto her. He will make her pay that is for sure.
    I totally get why she's doing it, the man is capable of anything. She's catching a lot of flack because it's ADAM, and he's got a loyal fan base, for some reason.

My thoughts exactly!

#14   2013/08/16 12:47PM
    REDMIDGET

Quote trinilisa:
    Quote REDMIDGET:
    Quote trinilisa:

*DISCLAIMER*

I thought that Chelsea humanized Adam; I could actually tolerate him with Chelsea...

I think Adam having a family would show his soft side this is all Adam ever wanted was a family and I think he is still in love with Chlesea and the two of them could make this work, Chelsea has lied so much that I cant see Dylan every wanting anything to do with her again, Yes he will be hurt but Avery will be right there to help him, Chelsea has to stop lying and come clean she needs to be with Adam and raise there baby together,the two of them can make this work.And Adam needs a family he will shiw us that he can be a loving father and maybe a great husband.

#15   2013/08/16 12:53PM
    trinilisa

Quote REDMIDGET:
    Quote trinilisa:
    Quote REDMIDGET:
    Quote trinilisa:

*DISCLAIMER*

I think Adam having a family would show his soft side this is all Adam ever wanted was a family and I think he is still in love with Chlesea and the two of them could make this work, Chelsea has lied so much that I cant see Dylan every wanting anything to do with her again, Yes he will be hurt but Avery will be right there to help him, Chelsea has to stop lying and come clean she needs to be with Adam and raise there baby together,the two of them can make this work.And Adam needs a family he will shiw us that he can be a loving father and maybe a great husband.

I think you're quite optomistic (which isn't a bad thing at all!). I have a feeling that Adam may want to exact some revenge on Chelsea; she tried to take the baby away from him, he may want to take the baby from her in order for her to feel what it feels like...

#16   2013/08/16 12:55PM
    GidgetWithAC...

Quote trinilisa:
    Quote REDMIDGET:
    Quote trinilisa:

*DISCLAIMER*

I hated that the writers made Chelsea cowwer like that, rather than just tell him, even though Shimbo was in her blouse. I don't get all those nightmares about him talking the baby, and I definitely don't get the whole Chloe influence thing. It's totally messed up...
    Here is the head scratcher for me...Chelsea emerged as a strong willed woman after her split from Adam. She came into her own professionally and I loved it. When has Chelsea backed down from anyone including telling Victor Newman what she thought of him. Why on earth is she afraid of Adam? He's never given her a reason to fear him. As a matter of fact he tore up the prenup ( that MAB never wrote in the first place) up and said he wanted her to be taken care of. I am a Chelsea & Adam fan but not much if any of this story makes a lick of sense. What I see is the EP wanting her boy included in the Chadam story when he adds absolutely nothing to it. Dylan had no troubles sexing a married Avery before, so why couldn't he sex up Nick's girlfriend? Or why didn't they go with a Sharon / Dylan/ Avery / Nick quadrangle?

#17   2013/08/16 01:03PM
    trinilisa

Quote GidgetWithAChainsaw:
    Quote trinilisa:
    Quote REDMIDGET:
    Quote trinilisa:

*DISCLAIMER*

Here is the head scratcher for me...Chelsea emerged as a strong willed woman after her split from Adam. She came into her own professionally and I loved it. When has Chelsea backed down from anyone including telling Victor Newman what she thought of him. Why on earth is she afraid of Adam? He's never given her a reason to fear him. As a matter of fact he tore up the prenup ( that MAB never wrote in the first place) up and said he wanted her to be taken care of. I am a Chelsea & Adam fan but not much if any of this story makes a lick of sense. What I see is the EP wanting her boy included in the Chadam story when he adds absolutely nothing to it. Dylan had no troubles sexing a married Avery before, so why couldn't he sex up Nick's girlfriend? Or why didn't they go with a Sharon / Dylan/ Avery / Nick quadrangle?

I agree, and when you find the answers, please feel free to share them with me!

#18   2013/08/16 01:03PM
    emarch

I don't like any of the lies. She is lying because she thinks that Adam would take the baby away from her. She didn't know if that was true. I'm obsessed because I think that she has created a mountain out of a mole hill, and she listened to Chloe who doesn't like Adam because he got out of the business with her and her chipmunk husband. And because I think this S/L is just stupid. It's making Dylan and Adam look like Dunce;(

#19   2013/08/16 02:22PM
    REDMIDGET

Quote emarch:

I don't like any of the lies. She is lying because she thinks that Adam would take the baby away from her. She didn't know if that was true. I'm obsessed because I think that she has created a mountain out of a mole hill, and she listened to Chloe who doesn't like Adam because he got out of the business with her and her chipmunk husband. And because I think this S/L is just stupid. It's making Dylan and Adam look like Dunce;(

Im right there with you on this one, The writers are making Dylan and Adam both look like fools,Come on this baby was going to be born around thanksgiving thats what Chlesea said to Dylan I went back to make sure thats what she say, So why isn't anyone asking any question,

#20   2013/08/16 02:36PM
    dafyduc

Quote CdnMama:
    Quote glh1950: I don't think the issue is that she's a liar. It's the subject of the lie, a child, and the fact that we know her reason is false, Adam is a monster, and we know she doesn't believe it either. She got herself stuck in the lie, no thanks to Chloe, and it got bigger and bigger. We've all gone through or lived the lesson of the lie that grew and blew up and as kids we all learned why you don't want to lie. She's stuck now, living every kids nightmare of the lie the wouldn't die. She's trying to brave it out, as the good con her con mama taught her to be, yet knowing at any minute her balloon could burst. IMO we're obsessed with the truth coming out for Adam and
    Dylan as the fathers. She's already sorry she knows she's hurting them both and ultimately her child as well.

Adam not a monster? Maybe he's been behaving himself lately but he would not hesitate in a second to exact his revenge on Chelsea for this. This is the same guy who made Ashley lose her baby, then threw the baby into the fireplace to cover it up, then proceeded to take faith from Sharon and tell her she was born deformed and died, all the while handing her off to Ashley to raise, then let's not forget all his other evil deeds shall we. Monster? I'd say he is. Maybe he is on the road to redemption now. But just you wait. Chelsea had better leave town quick before Adam catches onto her. He will make her pay that is for sure.
    I totally get why she's doing it, the man is capable of anything. She's catching a lot of flack because it's ADAM, and he's got a loyal fan base, for some reason.

Funny he wasn't such a "monster" when she conceived the first newman baby with him. I still think she is being a vindictive b1tch because he did not give up his whole life for her.
    And btw I hated her from the moment she showed her pregnant belly in town trying to wreck Billy and Vicky, so this has nothing to do with sharon and Adam. Though lord knows I think Adam could do so much better

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list