List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: YR40 Ratings Same for July 29 - Aug.2, 2013

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

YR40 Ratings Same for July 29 - Aug.2, 2013

Started by MsSuperSuds at 2013/08/13 09:36AM
    Latest post: 2013/08/15 10:54AM, Views: 1318, Replies: 33
    « 1 2 3 4 page:
    #31   2013/08/14 06:26PM
    Re: YR40 Ratings Same for July 29 - Aug.2, 2013
    jacksmyguy

Quote MsSuperSuds: I learned how to use a VCR in 1986 or 87 by recording Y&R, B&B, The Phil Donahue show & the Oprah Show. That was my night time viewing back then. I like gadgets but I had to be urged by some students into getting my first microwave oven & VCR in 1984. Didn't learn how to use either right away.

I can relate. I bought my first VCR back when they were still around $600-700.00 and you had to choose between Beta and VHS. I just couldn't wait any longer for them to come down in price though because I was working full time and was desperate to see what I was missing. Prior to that, there were a bunch of us who would hurry over to the department store downtown on our lunch hour to go up to the T.V. department on the 7th floor to watch Y&R every day on the T.V. sets that were turned on for display. Now that was dedicated viewing! I was never so happy to have that first VCR to make my life easier after that - LOL!

#32   2013/08/14 06:40PM
    On a Clear Day

Quote Charlie Big: I have watched this soap since the first day it aired on daytime television and I have seen some of the cleanest, most well written drama on daytime come out of this show. Not to mention, some of the best acting. However, in the last fifteen years, I have watched this show go down a slow down-o-lator that seems now to just be spinning completely out of control. There isn't one thing about this show now that is even worth watching. The characters are all just shadows of what they once were. The new characters have no place that fits and it is obvious that this show is on the skids. I have no reason to believe that it can survive and I have lost interest in waiting for that to happen. I don't think that there are any writers out there with enough energy to get familiar with the show's history and how to pick up on that and bring it forward. Every single writer since Latham seems hell bent on just taking the show backwards and it just doesn't work. Now Phelps believes that since she don't have the time or inclination to get aquainted with its history, she is just going to piggyback her own show to Y&R and use the fans to make her show continue. She is not writing for Y&R and it is foolish for fans to expect that. Y&R is over. Whatever this is that Phelps is writing, it is a long way off from Y&R. She would have been better to cancel Y&R and put her own name on this soap. At least it would be honest. What they are doing now is not.

I agree. I said this before that this is no longer Y&R with a lot of newbies, but a new JFP soap that just happens to have some old Y&R people in it. I really miss the framework of the show Bill Bell created.

#33   2013/08/14 06:42PM
    On a Clear Day

Quote MsSuperSuds: MAB sucked the fun & entertainment out of Y&R & brought on the sex, gloom, doom & misery nonstop. MAB killed so many characters on this show, its a wonder anyone is left standing. Neglecting, sidelining, backburnering too many characters to feature her favs did a lot of damage to the show also. She sorassed so many children that no one recognizes the children or history of the show anymore. MAB wanted to shock us! And she did--All the time! Too many shocks killed the viewers interest in the show & its hard getting that passion back again. Now JFP comes along and she is finishing the job of killing this once marvelous soap by sucking the life out of all the characters, the romances, the stories, and the history of the show. This regime cannot write good stories; all of them are fizzlers. Would be nice to have a sizzler or two once in a while.

What's left to love unless you continue to have favorites whom you still love to keep tabs on? Between these two women EPs, they have done more damage to this show in the last 5 years than Bill Bell did in 35 years of running the show. For one, he never killed characters w/o good reason b/c he might need them for future stories. Neither of these ladies are that wise. I want to see how long it takes cbs & sony to wake up & to get wise to the fact that JFP is actually killing the show instead of revitalizing it.

Totally agree.

#34   2013/08/15 10:54AM
    MsSuperSuds

FYI: Today is the normal day for soap ratings to be posted; but I am sure SON is going to drag out posting them for as long as possible just like they did for this set. I haven't a clue why they are delaying posting them unless Y&R has some influence w/ SON.

This show is creating a negative and hostile atmosphere for love, romance, married couples, families, and most of all, women. The characters are so unlikable now that hardly anyone is rooting for any of them outside their favorites. Y&R needs a more positive, upbeat atmosphere. Gloom, doom, misery, degradation, & destruction have played out! Shock and awe doesn't work anymore.

« 1 2 3 4 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list