List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: YR40 Ratings Same for July 29 - Aug.2, 2013

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

YR40 Ratings Same for July 29 - Aug.2, 2013

Started by MsSuperSuds at 2013/08/13 09:36AM
    Latest post: 2013/08/15 10:54AM, Views: 1393, Replies: 33
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2013/08/13 05:06PM
    Re: YR40 Ratings Same for July 29 - Aug.2, 2013
    Sylviastel

JFP is finishing what MAB started.

#22   2013/08/13 05:29PM
    jacksmyguy

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote On a Clear Day:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote On a Clear Day:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote On a Clear Day:
    Quote Homesick Cajun: Thank you MsSuperSuds for posting these week after week. I truly appreciate you. Also, always enjoy your comments and your personal take on the status quo. I like the fact you stated you were at the point of no longer really liking any of the characters. I'm glad I am not the only one who feels that way. These was a time I cared passionately, but no more. The pathetic writing has turned me off to all. This show has become a pathetic shell of the once great program it once was and a complete embarrassment for long time viewers. I am holding on for Katherine's funeral, and hoping against hope that I won't be disappointed in what JFP & Co., have in store. I am hanging on by a thread now. Friday's episode is still on my DVR not viewed. Wasn't so long ago I wouldn't dream of missing a Friday. But there it is and I truly have no desire to watch.

Thanks again as always.

I said the same thing a long time ago. This new regime has succeeded in making me not care much for ANY of the characters. They are slowly killing everything. I keep hoping things will turn around but instead it gets worse each week. And so many of the storylines and scenes seem senseless or fake or juvenile. Josh Morrow said in an interview that the budget is lean and they have to do everything in one take now. It sure shows.

Hi On a Clear Day! I remember reading that a while back, but didn't remember it was you that said it! Yeah, she has succeeded in making not one single character likeable. It is impossible for me to care about the newbies and from what I read we are getting yet another one! SMH
    This cast is so bloated they can't write for the current cast and keep them interesting. The characters and story lines lack depth. I truly don't believe writing for daytime is a lost art but it is definitely lacking in this regime.

Hi Homesick. It's like all the characters are watered down and lukewarm or out of character, and I've been beaten down so much now that I have lowered my expectations when I watch. I expect the worst and hope for the best with every show. I don't get too fired up anymore about the destruction of characters or fake unplausible scenes or storylines. They've totally succeeded in not having me root for anyone anymore and not care who hooks up with whom. The only reason I still watch is out of habit and because I never lose hope that it will suddenly turn around and get good and I will have my old familiar friend back again. Even though I know that last bit is totally unrealistic....I still watch. I often have several episodes recorded now rather than being hungry for more and not being able to wait til the next one comes out. And the ones I do watch, I FF through much of.

Oh, I know! I still have Friday's on the DVR. Today I watched till Sharon took the silly tumble and then I took a nap! I would have NEVER done that prior to this regime. It is truly painful to watch anymore. It's depressing and wonder some days why I still do it. Guess, like you it's a habit after so many years. But it's a bad habit these days.
    I mean, really, how hard can it be to be creative and entertain us for five hours a week? There are 168 hours in a week. I am only asking these guys to do what they are paid to do and entertain me for five of those hours. Is that too much to ask? I don't think so.....

We want it so badly to get good again because we watched for decades so these characters and their families and homes and offices are like familiar friends we check in with to see how they are doing. And it is a habit of many years. It's not like a show we watched for a year and then it ended. For me I look forward to turning it on for a few minutes when I eat lunch and again right before bed after all my chores, etc. I work from home, so it's a guilty pleasure I can watch in bits when I get time. And I am reluctant to give it up completely even if it continually disappoints. I guess watching the older castmates I am invested in, written badly is better than not watching them at all. Either that, or I am a glutton for punishment. But seriously, I have shreds of hope that this new team will get the boot and that keeps me going too. Many posters say to those of us who complain that the show is now subpar, that we should just not watch. They are probably right but I just want the show to be good again so badly. I only watch 2 or 3 shows on TV. I'm not a big watcher of numerous shows so maybe that is why I have trouble completely abandoning Y&R.

I know. I don't watch a lot of television either. Very few shows actually. I am so invested in this one. I have been watching since 2000. The few shows I do watch I want quality entertainment and that is what we once got and I still think it's possible, not with JFP, but still possible if they get someone as soon as possible!

Hey HC - I'm going to have to start calling you a newbie since you've only watched since 2000. LOL! Because you care so passionately for the show I thought for sure you were an old-timer like me going way back to the early years.

#23   2013/08/13 05:43PM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote jacksmyguy:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote On a Clear Day:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote On a Clear Day:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote On a Clear Day:
    Quote Homesick Cajun: Thank you MsSuperSuds for posting these week after week. I truly appreciate you. Also, always enjoy your comments and your personal take on the status quo. I like the fact you stated you were at the point of no longer really liking any of the characters. I'm glad I am not the only one who feels that way. These was a time I cared passionately, but no more. The pathetic writing has turned me off to all. This show has become a pathetic shell of the once great program it once was and a complete embarrassment for long time viewers. I am holding on for Katherine's funeral, and hoping against hope that I won't be disappointed in what JFP & Co., have in store. I am hanging on by a thread now. Friday's episode is still on my DVR not viewed. Wasn't so long ago I wouldn't dream of missing a Friday. But there it is and I truly have no desire to watch.

Thanks again as always.

I said the same thing a long time ago. This new regime has succeeded in making me not care much for ANY of the characters. They are slowly killing everything. I keep hoping things will turn around but instead it gets worse each week. And so many of the storylines and scenes seem senseless or fake or juvenile. Josh Morrow said in an interview that the budget is lean and they have to do everything in one take now. It sure shows.

Hi On a Clear Day! I remember reading that a while back, but didn't remember it was you that said it! Yeah, she has succeeded in making not one single character likeable. It is impossible for me to care about the newbies and from what I read we are getting yet another one! SMH
    This cast is so bloated they can't write for the current cast and keep them interesting. The characters and story lines lack depth. I truly don't believe writing for daytime is a lost art but it is definitely lacking in this regime.

Hi Homesick. It's like all the characters are watered down and lukewarm or out of character, and I've been beaten down so much now that I have lowered my expectations when I watch. I expect the worst and hope for the best with every show. I don't get too fired up anymore about the destruction of characters or fake unplausible scenes or storylines. They've totally succeeded in not having me root for anyone anymore and not care who hooks up with whom. The only reason I still watch is out of habit and because I never lose hope that it will suddenly turn around and get good and I will have my old familiar friend back again. Even though I know that last bit is totally unrealistic....I still watch. I often have several episodes recorded now rather than being hungry for more and not being able to wait til the next one comes out. And the ones I do watch, I FF through much of.

Oh, I know! I still have Friday's on the DVR. Today I watched till Sharon took the silly tumble and then I took a nap! I would have NEVER done that prior to this regime. It is truly painful to watch anymore. It's depressing and wonder some days why I still do it. Guess, like you it's a habit after so many years. But it's a bad habit these days.
    I mean, really, how hard can it be to be creative and entertain us for five hours a week? There are 168 hours in a week. I am only asking these guys to do what they are paid to do and entertain me for five of those hours. Is that too much to ask? I don't think so.....

We want it so badly to get good again because we watched for decades so these characters and their families and homes and offices are like familiar friends we check in with to see how they are doing. And it is a habit of many years. It's not like a show we watched for a year and then it ended. For me I look forward to turning it on for a few minutes when I eat lunch and again right before bed after all my chores, etc. I work from home, so it's a guilty pleasure I can watch in bits when I get time. And I am reluctant to give it up completely even if it continually disappoints. I guess watching the older castmates I am invested in, written badly is better than not watching them at all. Either that, or I am a glutton for punishment. But seriously, I have shreds of hope that this new team will get the boot and that keeps me going too. Many posters say to those of us who complain that the show is now subpar, that we should just not watch. They are probably right but I just want the show to be good again so badly. I only watch 2 or 3 shows on TV. I'm not a big watcher of numerous shows so maybe that is why I have trouble completely abandoning Y&R.

I know. I don't watch a lot of television either. Very few shows actually. I am so invested in this one. I have been watching since 2000. The few shows I do watch I want quality entertainment and that is what we once got and I still think it's possible, not with JFP, but still possible if they get someone as soon as possible!

Hey HC - I'm going to have to start calling you a newbie since you've only watched since 2000. LOL! Because you care so passionately for the show I thought for sure you were an old-timer like me going way back to the early years.

Hey Jacks! 13 years is a long time!!

Yeah, I'm definitely passionate about it!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/13 05:51PM
    #24   2013/08/13 05:52PM
    jacksmyguy

It's not quite the same as 40 and counting HC. But what the heck, you can be an honorary member of the Old-Timers Club; that's the OTC for the newbies out there.

#25   2013/08/13 05:55PM
    Charlie Big

I have watched this soap since the first day it aired on daytime television and I have seen some of the cleanest, most well written drama on daytime come out of this show. Not to mention, some of the best acting. However, in the last fifteen years, I have watched this show go down a slow down-o-lator that seems now to just be spinning completely out of control. There isn't one thing about this show now that is even worth watching. The characters are all just shadows of what they once were. The new characters have no place that fits and it is obvious that this show is on the skids. I have no reason to believe that it can survive and I have lost interest in waiting for that to happen. I don't think that there are any writers out there with enough energy to get familiar with the show's history and how to pick up on that and bring it forward. Every single writer since Latham seems hell bent on just taking the show backwards and it just doesn't work. Now Phelps believes that since she don't have the time or inclination to get aquainted with its history, she is just going to piggyback her own show to Y&R and use the fans to make her show continue. She is not writing for Y&R and it is foolish for fans to expect that. Y&R is over. Whatever this is that Phelps is writing, it is a long way off from Y&R. She would have been better to cancel Y&R and put her own name on this soap. At least it would be honest. What they are doing now is not.

#26   2013/08/13 06:05PM
    jacksmyguy

Quote Charlie Big: I have watched this soap since the first day it aired on daytime television and I have seen some of the cleanest, most well written drama on daytime come out of this show. Not to mention, some of the best acting. However, in the last fifteen years, I have watched this show go down a slow down-o-lator that seems now to just be spinning completely out of control. There isn't one thing about this show now that is even worth watching. The characters are all just shadows of what they once were. The new characters have no place that fits and it is obvious that this show is on the skids. I have no reason to believe that it can survive and I have lost interest in waiting for that to happen. I don't think that there are any writers out there with enough energy to get familiar with the show's history and how to pick up on that and bring it forward. Every single writer since Latham seems hell bent on just taking the show backwards and it just doesn't work. Now Phelps believes that since she don't have the time or inclination to get aquainted with its history, she is just going to piggyback her own show to Y&R and use the fans to make her show continue. She is not writing for Y&R and it is foolish for fans to expect that. Y&R is over. Whatever this is that Phelps is writing, it is a long way off from Y&R. She would have been better to cancel Y&R and put her own name on this soap. At least it would be honest. What they are doing now is not.

I have to agree with your comments but I'm not throwing in the towel. I still believe that JFP will not succeed in completely toppling what was once the best soap on the air. I don't think that CBS, in the long run, will sit back and watch her totally deconstruct what they worked so hard to make a success for 40 years. Sooner or later her head will roll!

#27   2013/08/14 03:55AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote jacksmyguy: It's not quite the same as 40 and counting HC. But what the heck, you can be an honorary member of the Old-Timers Club; that's the OTC for the newbies out there.

Thanks Jacks!! I so appreciate being an honorary member of the OTC! Thirteen years feels like a very long time right now! LOL During the very early years of Y&R I was still watching DOOL. Of course there was no DVR and they came on at the same time in my area. I had watched DOOL from the first day. I am truly an Old-Timer of DOOL. Remember the very first episode. I leave DOOL when the writing is bad. So I have quit it a few times over the years! LOL

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/14 03:58AM
    #28   2013/08/14 09:19AM
    MsSuperSuds

MAB sucked the fun & entertainment out of Y&R & brought on the sex, gloom, doom & misery nonstop. MAB killed so many characters on this show, its a wonder anyone is left standing. Neglecting, sidelining, backburnering too many characters to feature her favs did a lot of damage to the show also. She sorassed so many children that no one recognizes the children or history of the show anymore. MAB wanted to shock us! And she did--All the time! Too many shocks killed the viewers interest in the show & its hard getting that passion back again. Now JFP comes along and she is finishing the job of killing this once marvelous soap by sucking the life out of all the characters, the romances, the stories, and the history of the show. This regime cannot write good stories; all of them are fizzlers. Would be nice to have a sizzler or two once in a while.

What's left to love unless you continue to have favorites whom you still love to keep tabs on? Between these two women EPs, they have done more damage to this show in the last 5 years than Bill Bell did in 35 years of running the show. For one, he never killed characters w/o good reason b/c he might need them for future stories. Neither of these ladies are that wise. I want to see how long it takes cbs & sony to wake up & to get wise to the fact that JFP is actually killing the show instead of revitalizing it.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/14 09:24AM
    #29   2013/08/14 11:25AM
    jacksmyguy

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote jacksmyguy: It's not quite the same as 40 and counting HC. But what the heck, you can be an honorary member of the Old-Timers Club; that's the OTC for the newbies out there.

Thanks Jacks!! I so appreciate being an honorary member of the OTC! Thirteen years feels like a very long time right now! LOL During the very early years of Y&R I was still watching DOOL. Of course there was no DVR and they came on at the same time in my area. I had watched DOOL from the first day. I am truly an Old-Timer of DOOL. Remember the very first episode. I leave DOOL when the writing is bad. So I have quit it a few times over the years! LOL

OMG - Something else we have in common. I too watched DOOL from the beginning but obviously the two shows weren't on at the same time here. I used to love Jed Allen and when the writers screwed up Don and Marlena that killed me. I never liked Marlena with Roman. Then when Jed Allen went over to Santa Barbara that is what got me started on that show. You're right - DOOL was another good soap but I haven't watched that for some years now. I remember those days before all of the electronic marvels like VCRs as well. I bought my first VCR so I could tape Search for Tomorrow an d Y&R when I was at work. Like the commercial for wire free TV says, these kids today don't know what we had to put up with to stay connected to our favorite shows back then. That's too funny!

#30   2013/08/14 02:18PM
    MsSuperSuds

I learned how to use a VCR in 1986 or 87 by recording Y&R, B&B, The Phil Donahue show & the Oprah Show. That was my night time viewing back then. I like gadgets but I had to be urged by some students into getting my first microwave oven & VCR in 1984. Didn't learn how to use either right away.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list