List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: YR40 Ratings Same for July 29 - Aug.2, 2013

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

YR40 Ratings Same for July 29 - Aug.2, 2013

Started by MsSuperSuds at 2013/08/13 09:36AM
    Latest post: 2013/08/15 10:54AM, Views: 1322, Replies: 33
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2013/08/13 09:36AM
    YR40 Ratings Same for July 29 - Aug.2, 2013
    MsSuperSuds

Ratings Report: Week of July 29 – Aug. 2, 2013

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
    1. Y&R 4,692,000 (-56,000/+500,000)

Households
    1. Y&R 3.4/11 (same/+.3)

Women 18-49 Viewers
    1. Y&R 783,000 (-48,000/-15,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
    1. Y&R 1.2/8 (-.1/same)

Women 18-34 Viewers
    1. Y&R 213,000 (-17,000/+21,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
    1. B&B 0.6 (same/+.2)
    1. Y&R 0.6 (-.1/same)

Day-To-Day Ratings – HH/Total Viewers

Y&R
    Monday: 3.5/4,862,000
    Tuesday: 3.5/4,894,000
    Wednesday: 3.4/4,727,000
    Thursday: 3.4/4,447,000
    Friday: 3.2/4,529,000

Ratings are reported to be bad for all soaps this week. Y&R lost some viewers but the overall household ratings are the same as last week, aren't they? I will have to check on that statemet to make sure its true. I do notice that B&B is still making strides to close the gap in viewership between itself and Y&R. There is a gap of approximately 1.1 million viewers between the two. Viewers int the younger demographic are attracted to B&B. If Y&R is not more attentive & careful w/ viewers wishes, its trashy sister soap will be sporting the title of #1 soap in the ratings. A blogger made the comment that B&B is becoming what Y&R should be. I don't watch B&B, so I don't know if that is true or not. But I have read that Heather Tom is doing a bang-up job as Katie on B&B. The old Victoria Newman is givig them hell on B&B! And Don Diamont is going gangbusters as Dollar Bill! Isn't that something to think about?

I still don't like the writing for Y&R, the newbies, the FOJs, or the unimaginative stories. I have also come to the point of not liking too many of the characters on the show either. Most of the core & veteran characters are taking a beating under this new regime. I thought the show could not get any worse after MAB left; but I was wrong. So it is my hope that some day very soon, JFP's stringent control and reign of terror on my last and favorite soap will be over.

Any and all comments are welcome.

Modified 4 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/13 09:45AM
    #2   2013/08/13 09:44AM
    Re: YR40 Ratings Same for July 29 - Aug.2, 2013
    Sylviastel

I don't think JFP is a goner! The ratings were up a 500,000 from last year!
    That's what CBS & Sony will look at the numbers!
    They might suggest a ratings drop because of the time Warner CBS dispute for last week and this week!
    If they let JG go, they'll replace the head writer with a FOJ.
    It could be Megan mctavish or Lorraine Broderick!
    I don't know who it will be but JG will go first!
    JFP will hire one of her friends but it could be an improvement over JG disappointing writing for the show!
    Right now the execs will only see the ratings!

#3   2013/08/13 09:56AM
    luvroflife

Thanks for posting ratings! Yep, up from last year when show was in the throes of a regime change. So not much to compare.

As from a business standpoint, TPTB looks at the 18 - 49 demo as well as 25 - 54 demo. This is what sets ad$$ and Y&R is losing viewers in this group (18 - 49 now under 800k - less than at 2012). Also, ad rates are based on quarterly averages, not week to week. So show still needs improvement in viewership.

#4   2013/08/13 09:59AM
    MsSuperSuds

Quote Sylviastel: I don't think JFP is a goner! The ratings were up a 500,000 from last year!
    They might suggest a ratings drop because of the time Warner CBS dispute for last week and this week!
    JFP will hire one of her friends but it could be an improvement over JG disappointing writing for the show!

I have read all of that before & you might be right; but I can dream, can't I? GH did not fire this woman b/c she was doing great things for that show. Why Y&R hired her in the first place is a mystery. I really think JFP got her foot into the door at Y&R b/c she and JG came as a pair from Hollywood Heights. But then I am just speculating. Don't know about her FOJ's as HWs, but they were let go from that show (GH) for reasons of not producing good soaps stories also. Don't know what they can do for Y&R as a team; but if JG leaves or is fired, I guess we will find out, won't we?

Even though viewership for Y&R is better now than last year, Y&R is going to have to become more aware of its competition b/c B&B is making the same kinds of strides in viewership. B&B is attracting younger viewers and is also tied w/ Y&R for the 18-34 demographic.

MS is already gone. Many viewers are waiting for Kay Chancellor's funeral and reading of the will to occur b/f they take the show permanently off their DVRs, VCRs, Tivo and/or stop watching altogether.

Modified 3 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/13 10:07AM
    #5   2013/08/13 10:44AM
    Sylviastel

I agree we will have to wait & see after Kay's final goodbye!
    I think they'll make major cast changes!
    Murphy & Esther are likely off the show!
    I wonder if Kay left chancellor to victor in her will!
    Jill will probably on as less anyway!
    Kay's death will bring a lot of unhappy changes to the shows canvas!
    JG isn't a strong writer to begin with!
    He is likely not coming back to the show!
    JFP will probably get another year at this point despite our complaints!
    Well probably see James Franco & her friends!
    I still see JFP in charge for another year at this point!
    She'll take credit for the ratings increase but I think it was ms departure!
    Well have to see last weeks ratings!

#6   2013/08/13 11:56AM
    Homesick Cajun

Thank you MsSuperSuds for posting these week after week. I truly appreciate you. Also, always enjoy your comments and your personal take on the status quo. I like the fact you stated you were at the point of no longer really liking any of the characters. I'm glad I am not the only one who feels that way. These was a time I cared passionately, but no more. The pathetic writing has turned me off to all. This show has become a pathetic shell of the once great program it once was and a complete embarrassment for long time viewers. I am holding on for Katherine's funeral, and hoping against hope that I won't be disappointed in what JFP & Co., have in store. I am hanging on by a thread now. Friday's episode is still on my DVR not viewed. Wasn't so long ago I wouldn't dream of missing a Friday. But there it is and I truly have no desire to watch.

Thanks again as always.

#7   2013/08/13 01:36PM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote Sylviastel: I don't think JFP is a goner! The ratings were up a 500,000 from last year!

I have read all of that before & you might be right; but I can dream, can't I? GH did not fire this woman b/c she was doing great things for that show. Why Y&R hired her in the first place is a mystery. I really think JFP got her foot into the door at Y&R b/c she and JG came as a pair from Hollywood Heights. But then I am just speculating. Don't know about her FOJ's as HWs, but they were let go from that show (GH) for reasons of not producing good soaps stories also. Don't know what they can do for Y&R as a team; but if JG leaves or is fired, I guess we will find out, won't we?

Even though viewership for Y&R is better now than last year, Y&R is going to have to become more aware of its competition b/c B&B is making the same kinds of strides in viewership. B&B is attracting younger viewers and is also tied w/ Y&R for the 18-34 demographic.

MS is already gone. Many viewers are waiting for Kay Chancellor's funeral and reading of the will to occur b/f they take the show permanently off their DVRs, VCRs, Tivo and/or stop watching altogether.

I won't be taking off Y&R on my DVR..

#8   2013/08/13 03:03PM
    On a Clear Day

Quote Homesick Cajun: Thank you MsSuperSuds for posting these week after week. I truly appreciate you. Also, always enjoy your comments and your personal take on the status quo. I like the fact you stated you were at the point of no longer really liking any of the characters. I'm glad I am not the only one who feels that way. These was a time I cared passionately, but no more. The pathetic writing has turned me off to all. This show has become a pathetic shell of the once great program it once was and a complete embarrassment for long time viewers. I am holding on for Katherine's funeral, and hoping against hope that I won't be disappointed in what JFP & Co., have in store. I am hanging on by a thread now. Friday's episode is still on my DVR not viewed. Wasn't so long ago I wouldn't dream of missing a Friday. But there it is and I truly have no desire to watch.

Thanks again as always.

I said the same thing a long time ago. This new regime has succeeded in making me not care much for ANY of the characters. They are slowly killing everything. I keep hoping things will turn around but instead it gets worse each week. And so many of the storylines and scenes seem senseless or fake or juvenile. Josh Morrow said in an interview that the budget is lean and they have to do everything in one take now. It sure shows.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/13 03:05PM
    #9   2013/08/13 03:45PM
    Sylviastel

With the ratings up, they'll hire a new head writer & blame JG but JFP is really the problem. Under her regime, you could lose your job if you dissent or criticize. Besides she doesn't listen, when gl's beverlee McKinsey about being overworked or the character assassination of Alexandra Spaulding. Bev did try to tell JFP that she wasn't coming back but she refused to take her phone call. JFP remarked that bev should read her contract!
    Well bev gave 6 weeks notice & she was on 8 weeks vacation!
    Gl should have canned JFP then before she killed off lovable Maureen Bauer!

#10   2013/08/13 03:54PM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote Sylviastel: With the ratings up, they'll hire a new head writer & blame JG but JFP is really the problem. Under her regime, you could lose your job if you dissent or criticize. Besides she doesn't listen, when gl's beverlee McKinsey about being overworked or the character assassination of Alexandra Spaulding. Bev did try to tell JFP that she wasn't coming back but she refused to take her phone call. JFP remarked that bev should read her contract!
    Well bev gave 6 weeks notice & she was on 8 weeks vacation!
    Gl should have canned JFP then before she killed off lovable Maureen Bauer!

I agree with you. The ratings are up from this time last year but the same from the prior week. More and more I see people saying they are not watching or stopping recording, etc. I have no idea what the percentage each person represents but with this much dissatisfaction for each person that says they no longer watch, I'm sure that equals to thousands other viewers. The ratings can only suffer in the end. I imagine a lot of viewers are waiting to see what they do for Jeanne Cooper and then will be disappointed and quit altogether. After the they have waited, expectations are high and that in and of itself sets viewers up to be disappointed. I am sure they had a lot of preparation for the show but it has taken an unreasonable amount of time. Then I'm sure there are other viewers, like me, that are waiting to see if JFP's contract is renewed. If that is the case, I'm certain I am not alone in that I don't want to be subjected to another year of what JFP considers entertainment.

1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list