List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: BACK STAGE SHAKE UP AT Y&R!?!?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

BACK STAGE SHAKE UP AT Y&R!?!?

Started by MartysDad2013 at 2013/08/12 05:45AM
    Latest post: 2013/08/15 09:02AM, Views: 6909, Replies: 36
    « 1 2 3 4 page:
    #31   2013/08/15 07:59AM
    Re: BACK STAGE SHAKE UP AT Y&R!?!?
    Homesick Cajun

Quote alanadz: We have this same conversation every few years. As soon as a new writing team is here, they will get the same complaints the last 3 writing teams got.

That may be true, however, this writing team deserves every single complaint directed their way. If they can't come up with new original ideas then they are burned out and need to find something else to do. I refuse to believe there is not one single solitary writing team that could not do better job than these hacks. If these guys are not replaced, and soon, then there won't be a show to complain about, sooner rather than later. I don't believe writing for daytime is a lost art. I am convinced better writers are available. As I have said before, a three year old is more imaginative and creative.

#32   2013/08/15 08:05AM
    GrammaIge

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote alanadz: We have this same conversation every few years. As soon as a new writing team is here, they will get the same complaints the last 3 writing teams got.

That may be true, however, this writing team deserves every single complaint directed their way. If they can't come up with new original ideas then they are burned out and need to find something else to do. I refuse to believe there is not one single solitary writing team that could not do better job than these hacks. If these guys are not replaced, and soon, then there won't be a show to complain about, sooner rather than later. I don't believe writing for daytime is a lost art. I am convinced better writers are available. As I have said before, a three year old is more imaginative and creative.

I agree with you. I need to see some positive, original story lines. There are people out there. However, I'm wondering if the people suggesting SONY wants out of daytime aren't correct. It does seem to be going that way. I would hate for another reality talk show to replace Y&R, but big business and big bucks don't care about our small daytime market.

#33   2013/08/15 08:07AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote GrammaIge:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:

I agree with you. I need to see some positive, original story lines. There are people out there. However, I'm wondering if the people suggesting SONY wants out of daytime aren't correct. It does seem to be going that way. I would hate for another reality talk show to replace Y&R, but big business and big bucks don't care about our small daytime market.

No they truly do not care, but they should. The audience they are trying to capture doesn't have the disposable income of older long time viewers. We are the ones that are supporting the sponsors but those days are over for this household. If they think women over 50 don't control household budgets then they are sadly mistaken.

#34   2013/08/15 08:31AM
    jacksmyguy

Quote GrammaIge:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:

You touched upon what is probably my biggest fear, which is Sony's involvement in all of this. If CBS by itself were in charge of this, I think JFP would already be out the door because of the hatchet job she is doing with Y&R and the legion of loyal fans that are now outraged. I feel as you do, that daytime is already glutted with talk shows and I, for one, am sick of them. I want my soap back!

#35   2013/08/15 08:44AM
    valleycliffe

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote GrammaIge:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:

No they truly do not care, but they should. The audience they are trying to capture doesn't have the disposable income of older long time viewers. We are the ones that are supporting the sponsors but those days are over for this household. If they think women over 50 don't control household budgets then they are sadly mistaken.

i sent steve kent of sony an email and said that very thing.

told him i wasn't in the desired demographics but that i was a long time viewer who now had the disposable income that allows me and the husband the luxury of buying "stuff".. in fact, i just bought a brand spanking new 50" HDTV plus new stand for it and told him IT WAS NOT A SONY PRODUCT. i also mentioned that my laptop is on it's last legs and my new one wasn't going to be a sony either..i also said that seeing as how sony didn't have any loyalty to the longtime soap viewers that i didn't have any loyalty to sony either and that i was now scoping out toshiba products..

#36   2013/08/15 08:51AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote valleycliffe:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote GrammaIge:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:

i sent steve kent of sony an email and said that very thing.

told him i wasn't in the desired demographics but that i was a long time viewer who now had the disposable income that allows me and the husband the luxury of buying "stuff".. in fact, i just bought a brand spanking new 50" HDTV plus new stand for it and told him IT WAS NOT A SONY PRODUCT. i also mentioned that my laptop is on it's last legs and my new one wasn't going to be a sony either..i also said that seeing as how sony didn't have any loyalty to the longtime soap viewers that i didn't have any loyalty to sony either and that i was now scoping out toshiba products..

Good for you!! I too am in the market for a new computer and one thing is certain, it will NOT be a Sony or any of their affiliates!

#37   2013/08/15 09:02AM
    Sam01234

I do the same lol! I always tell all my family members (and I have a big family) and all my friends not to buy SONY products. (whenever they wanted to buy a new TV, Computer and other stuff... which happened a lot lately )

« 1 2 3 4 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list