List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: BACK STAGE SHAKE UP AT Y&R!?!?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

BACK STAGE SHAKE UP AT Y&R!?!?

Started by MartysDad2013 at 2013/08/12 05:45AM
    Latest post: 2013/08/15 09:02AM, Views: 6732, Replies: 36
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2013/08/13 08:15AM
    Re: BACK STAGE SHAKE UP AT Y&R!?!?
    Sylviastel

Jill farren phelps should be banned from the genre of soaps!
    It should be fire jill farren phelps on Facebook!
    I was on fire MAB!
    I wouldn't mind Ellen wheeler if possible because she would give her heart & soul to the show! She would do it all act, direct, produce, & write.
    In gl's final years, she didn't have a real office!

#22   2013/08/13 10:03AM
    calliope

Ellen Wheeler has left a very bad taste in my mouth. And in the mouths of GL actors as well.
    In Jeanne Coopers book she didn't have much good to say about Ed Scott. (Too much attention to Melody?)

#23   2013/08/13 10:52AM
    Sylviastel

[quote]Quote calliope: Ellen Wheeler has left a very bad taste in my mouth. And in the mouths of GL actors as well.
    In Jeanne Coopers book she didn't have much good to say about Ed Scott. (Too much attention to Melody?)[/quote)

Ellen wheeler tried to keep Gl afloat! If you read Kim zimmer's book, she did give her some credit! It was always professional & not personal!
    You should watch 60 minutes segment. She didn't even have an office at the end! CBS & pg forced her to cut costs to the bone that the cast had to supply their own wardrobe! She was also capable of doing several jobs including writing, directing, producing & even acting!
    In the end, she gave the fans what wewanted!
    The cast may blame her for the shows demise but it was CBS & p&g who wanted it gone not her! She has spent 30 years on soaps!
    She is nothing like JFP at all! She didn't kill off beloved characters!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/13 10:53AM
    #24   2013/08/13 11:06AM
    calliope

It must be then that I just associate her with GL death! I did read Kim's book but I guess that part didn't stick! I know P&G had a lot to do with the money issues and I can't remember all of that either! I only know I miss those Springfield people!

#25   2013/08/13 11:13AM
    Sylviastel

I just read that when she called John Driscoll into her office, they both cried over coops departure on the message boards!
    What I like about Ellen is that she is emotional as everybody else!
    Gl's cancelation broke her heart as well! Maybe that's why she is not in the business anymore! I remember reading Kim's book where they argued and both women were in tears! I doubt JFP ever cried as much as Ellen!
    Ellen took drastic measures to keep Gl afloat!

#26   2013/08/14 12:48AM
    MartysDad2013

Quote Sylviastel: Jill farren phelps should be banned from the genre of soaps! It should be fire jill farren phelps on Facebook! I was on fire MAB!
    I wouldn't mind Ellen wheeler if possible because she would give her heart & soul to the show! She would do it all act, direct, produce, & write. In gl's final years, she didn't have a real office!

Sylviastel,

I was the one who created the Fire MAB FB page. Unfortunately, FB now has a policy where screen names (by which you're able to find someone on FB) must be first and last name. I tried several variations with which to include Jill and Josh but the one I came up with is the one that took.

As for Ellen Wheeler, she along with Christopher Goutman can both stay the heck out of the entertainment business. Granted, yes, P&G wanted out of the soaps business and CBS followed suit. However, Ellen took over before GL was canceled. She went with 4-wall sets, jerky cameras, and doing way too much filming from Peapack. Having said that, Ellen is not what Y&R needs right now. What they need is someone who has been there before and knows this show like the back of their hand and IMO, that is Ed Scott. He would do this show major justice if he is allowed to come back to Y&R and completely revamp this show. Also needed is a new head writer. Kay Alden, Jack Smith, or Sally Sussman Morina are all capable writers and would do well in the Head Writer's chair. They would also easily get rid of all of these new actors that have absolutely no ties to Genoa City and really get this show back to the core cast. And that is just my opinion.

#27   2013/08/14 03:46AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote MartysDad2013:
    Quote Sylviastel: Jill farren phelps should be banned from the genre of soaps! It should be fire jill farren phelps on Facebook! I was on fire MAB!
    I wouldn't mind Ellen wheeler if possible because she would give her heart & soul to the show! She would do it all act, direct, produce, & write. In gl's final years, she didn't have a real office!

Sylviastel,

I was the one who created the Fire MAB FB page. Unfortunately, FB now has a policy where screen names (by which you're able to find someone on FB) must be first and last name. I tried several variations with which to include Jill and Josh but the one I came up with is the one that took.

As for Ellen Wheeler, she along with Christopher Goutman can both stay the heck out of the entertainment business. Granted, yes, P&G wanted out of the soaps business and CBS followed suit. However, Ellen took over before GL was canceled. She went with 4-wall sets, jerky cameras, and doing way too much filming from Peapack. Having said that, Ellen is not what Y&R needs right now. What they need is someone who has been there before and knows this show like the back of their hand and IMO, that is Ed Scott. He would do this show major justice if he is allowed to come back to Y&R and completely revamp this show. Also needed is a new head writer. Kay Alden, Jack Smith, or Sally Sussman Morina are all capable writers and would do well in the Head Writer's chair. They would also easily get rid of all of these new actors that have absolutely no ties to Genoa City and really get this show back to the core cast. And that is just my opinion.

I just read on another thread on this site there is a rumor that they are looking at Bob Guza to replace JG next month. That is horrible news. We just THINK the show is bad now! He will put the final touches on the destruction. If he is hired was can truly put the final nail in the coffin.

Makes perfect sense though, he's a FOJ's from GH. So, I don't know why it comes as such a surprise to me.

Also, Martysdad, I like all your options!!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/14 03:47AM
    #28   2013/08/14 07:55AM
    Sylviastel

It wouldn't surprise me if bob guza is named head writer & is a FOJ!
    I doubt they're going to fire JFP anyway with the ratings up from last year! A recent drop will be because of the time Warner dispute with CBS!
    Sure Ed Scott & kAy Alden would be the perfect replacements for JFP & JG!
    But there not going to do that! By hiring bob guza, there keeping JFP for another year! CBS & Sony are determined to kill this show off!
    As a fan of Gl, I never blamed Ellen wheeler for it & I don't think we should too! I blame CBS & p&g for killing both soaps!

#29   2013/08/14 01:43PM
    kellyannabama

This is great news the story has been slow and boring for months. It got so bad Me, my Dad and Sis called it quits.

They need to get rid of Chelssa and Dylan. And go back to the fast past hard hitting storylines. Also bring back Adam ex wife sky, that would be great.

#30   2013/08/15 07:36AM
    alanadz

We have this same conversation every few years. As soon as a new writing team is here, they will get the same complaints the last 3 writing teams got.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list