List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: BACK STAGE SHAKE UP AT Y&R!?!?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

BACK STAGE SHAKE UP AT Y&R!?!?

Started by MartysDad2013 at 2013/08/12 05:45AM
    Latest post: 2013/08/15 09:02AM, Views: 6787, Replies: 36
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2013/08/12 05:45AM
    BACK STAGE SHAKE UP AT Y&R!?!?
    MartysDad2013

On Saturday, August 10, We Love Soaps (welovesoaps.net) broke a story that was posted in Highlight Hollywood dated August 9, stating that Head Writer Josh Griffith is on his way out. At the time of the article, Josh had 15 days left on his contract, 9 of which was a family vacation and the other 6 were his last working days. According to insiders, Josh is burnt out and Jill Farren Phelps is fed up with his work. Could this also signal the start of the push to get JFP out as well? Only time will tell! We Love Soaps says to take the article with a grain of salt. Hmmm, I'm inclined to actually believe that this article is true and on point. Fans have been very unhappy with the direction of the show of late (myself included, which is why I've barely watched the show lately) (Sharon switching the DNA results is just one example) and many others feel that the Katherine Chancellor story which is set to begin this Friday, August 16 will likely also get bungled too. For your reading pleasure, here is the link to the article:

http://highlighthollywood.com/2013/08/insiders-at-the-young-and-the-restless-tel...

#2   2013/08/12 07:53AM
    Re: BACK STAGE SHAKE UP AT Y&R!?!?
    sunmama

I WANT JFP GONE FIRST, then work my way down the list:

Stevie B

The dude that plays Kyle

The lucky charms chick Melanie

Leave Carmine gone...

Then those two hacks on the writing team from GH.

Then if JG cannot retrieve his balls from JFP's purse then he can go.

Bring back Ed Scott as EP and Kay Alden to fix this mess. But then does sony really want to fix it?

#3   2013/08/12 08:01AM
    Lizzytish

I loved it when Ed Scott was EP -- and Kay Alden as writer --- but she's not been very successful in doing anything with B & B. Still a mess over there.

Never did like JFP when she was with GH, but was willing to give her a chance here -- Not impressed.

#4   2013/08/12 08:05AM
    cards1

Quote sunmama: I WANT JFP GONE FIRST, then work my way down the list:

Stevie B

The dude that plays Kyle

Leave Carmine gone...

Bring back Ed Scott as EP and Kay Alden to fix this mess. But then does sony really want to fix it?

ITA...sunmama, while I want JG gone, he is not the only one to blame I think JFP is hanging him out as the scape goat for the MESS THEY have created.

#5   2013/08/12 08:28AM
    atwtfanalways

i got a diploma for writing movies and i believe i can write better so this show would be saved and i can even write for atwt and gl so they can come back on the air

#6   2013/08/12 05:10PM
    jacksmyguy

Quote cards1:

Stevie B

The dude that plays Kyle

Leave Carmine gone...

ITA...sunmama, while I want JG gone, he is not the only one to blame I think JFP is hanging him out as the scape goat for the MESS THEY have created.

I also agree on all counts with the POSSIBLE exception of Steve Burton, who I truly believe would improve if he were given better material to work with.

#7   2013/08/12 05:15PM
    edaem1

Stevie B

The dude that plays Kyle

Leave Carmine gone...

Get outa here. Is Melanie Lucky Charms? I used to call her Mrs Irish Springs.

#8   2013/08/12 05:18PM
    edaem1

Quote cards1:

Stevie B

The dude that plays Kyle

Leave Carmine gone...

IA. I hope that they both get the ax as opposed to him being the one to go. I think this is more JFP than him. He wrote for this show before. But he wrote for characters he was familiar with not this new crop of replacements for our vets.

#9   2013/08/12 05:25PM
    ThornsandRoses

Whether this supposed shake up is fact or fiction, what Y&R really needs is an EP aka FFP eviction!

#10   2013/08/12 05:34PM
    jacksmyguy

Quote ThornsandRoses: Whether this supposed shake up is fact or fiction, what Y&R really needs is an EP aka FFP eviction!

HOW TRUE!!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/12 05:35PM
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list