List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: The Paternity s/l had so much potential

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The Paternity s/l had so much potential

Started by lkail67 at 2013/08/10 08:57PM
    Latest post: 2013/08/11 06:15PM, Views: 1657, Replies: 55
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 page:
    #51   2013/08/11 05:40PM
    Re: The Paternity s/l had so much potential
    jacksmyguy

Quote edaem1:
    Quote alanadz:
    Quote jacksmyguy:
    Quote Gideon58: My primary problem with this storyline is why have us learn that Nick is not Summer's father and then reveal that Sharon altered the results of the test? I think this story would have been a lot more interesting if Jack REALLY was Summer's father. Bringing Sharon into it because she wanted to win Nick back was totally out of left field. Where did all these feelings for Nick suddenly come from? As for Cassie, it's always to see Camryn Grimes again, but to bring the ghost of a character back to the show and have them advise someone is one thing, but Sharon hasn't really listed to anything Cassie has told her and is just doing what she wants and trying to justify it to Cassie later, so what's the point?

I agree and, as far as I'm concerned, this paternity s/l has not been proven one way or the other yet. If the writers trotted out this ridiculous garbage just to end up changing the paternity back to Nick and use Sharon as the fall-girl, IMO that is truly stupid and horrible writing...just another reason to change this current regime to someone who can do a better job.

The only thing making Summer Jack's daughter did was end the Kyle/Summer pairing. A couple the writers very clearly want to write for.

If they want this pair, they should have found different actors. There is not an eyedroppers worth of chemistry between the two. Kyle had more chemistry with Phyllis when he kissed her.

I agree. The whole recast of Kyle and SORAS of Summer were both big bone-headed moves IMO. There is zip chemistry between them and Kyle would make a better older brother to Summer than a boyfriend. I would have loved to see more made of a love triangle between Summer, Fen and Jamie (another big mistake in getting rid of Jamie, a good character/actor who could have been fostered by Paul); that would have been much more believable.

#52   2013/08/11 05:47PM
    edaem1

Quote jacksmyguy:
    Quote alanadz:
    Quote habbyfan:
    Quote jacksmyguy:
    Quote Gideon58: My primary problem with this storyline is why have us learn that Nick is not Summer's father and then reveal that Sharon altered the results of the test? I think this story would have been a lot more interesting if Jack REALLY was Summer's father. Bringing Sharon into it because she wanted to win Nick back was totally out of left field. Where did all these feelings for Nick suddenly come from? As for Cassie, it's always to see Camryn Grimes again, but to bring the ghost of a character back to the show and have them advise someone is one thing, but Sharon hasn't really listed to anything Cassie has told her and is just doing what she wants and trying to justify it to Cassie later, so what's the point?

I agree and, as far as I'm concerned, this paternity s/l has not been proven one way or the other yet. If the writers trotted out this ridiculous garbage just to end up changing the paternity back to Nick and use Sharon as the fall-girl, IMO that is truly stupid and horrible writing...just another reason to change this current regime to someone who can do a better job.

I am so with you on this, it is stupid and cruel.

That's cool. But the rest of us are moving on. It's stupid because Summer isn't Jack's. If folks really want Jack to be a father so badly, then why didn't we have all these thread during the years Kyle wasn't shown? Where are those Kyle is Jack's thread? JFP saw right through this BS and she dealt with it!

I cannot speak for anyone but myself. Regarding Jack not being Summer's father, there still has not been proof positive presented - only rampant rumor and speculation. I was not a member of this message board, or any other soap board for that matter, until a couple of months ago. However, if I had been, I would have told it like it was regarding Kyle as it was presented on the show, except in your mind. Jack always wanted Kyle to be part of his life but Diane kept them apart because she didn't approve of Jack's relationship with Phyllis. When Diane came to GC with Kyle when he was a toddler, Diane was jealous as hell of Phyllis' relationship with Jack and used Kyle as nothing more than a pawn to try to get Jack back with her. Jack didn't have a choice in the matter...At least that is the way the WRITERS chose to handle it at that time. And before you bring up Keemo again for the umpteenth time, he was an adult when he left the show and, AGAIN, this was the WRITERS decision to drop that s/l. Last thought - You stated that the rest of you are moving on from the paternity s/l. How is it that you speak for everyone? There are still quite a few of us who still believe that Jack really is Summer's father, or that he should be, and the writers have really blown how this s/l was presented.

IMHO they have left the paternity open now as it was 6 years ago. I think that Jack is the father. I cannot imagine that the writers would concoct a story to essentially leave the paternity as Nick. Other than Sharon, Jack is the charter most dumped on. There was no point to dragging Sharon into this mess other than to drag her through the mud and to keep Nick pristine at her expense. Poor Jack ...... what has this guy done to deserve the rollercoaster of emotions that he is being dealt? It makes no sense to do this story unless Jack is the father.

#53   2013/08/11 05:51PM
    edaem1

Quote jacksmyguy:
    Quote edaem1:
    Quote alanadz:
    Quote jacksmyguy:

The only thing making Summer Jack's daughter did was end the Kyle/Summer pairing. A couple the writers very clearly want to write for.

If they want this pair, they should have found different actors. There is not an eyedroppers worth of chemistry between the two. Kyle had more chemistry with Phyllis when he kissed her.

I agree. The whole recast of Kyle and SORAS of Summer were both big bone-headed moves IMO. There is zip chemistry between them and Kyle would make a better older brother to Summer than a boyfriend. I would have loved to see more made of a love triangle between Summer, Fen and Jamie (another big mistake in getting rid of Jamie, a good character/actor who could have been fostered by Paul); that would have been much more believable.

Absolutely. But we must have our steady diet of FOJ on a daily basis even though we know they will always be a flop. Kyle and Summer are the most clumsy and awkward couple I have even seen.

#54   2013/08/11 05:52PM
    jacksmyguy

Quote alanadz:
    Quote edaem1:
    Quote alanadz:
    Quote jacksmyguy:

If they want this pair, they should have found different actors. There is not an eyedroppers worth oc chemistry between the two. Kyle had more chemistry with Phyllis when he kissed her.

That's your opinion. Both actors are friends of Jill.

The question is which one of these men will JFP and JG write for, Jack or Nick? We already know HK (Summer) is a friend of Jill, so she will get her share of story. So there it is, who is the leading man that will get the front burner story will be Summer's dad.

Another excellent reason to dump JFP. I don't want the show to come down to choices about which vets get time on the show and which don't. The veteran actors of Y&R are the reason that Y&R climbed to the top of the soap world to begin with. JFP and her cronies certainly had nothing to do with the success of the show - only its painful and slow destruction and fall from grace.

#55   2013/08/11 06:05PM
    jacksmyguy

Quote edaem1:
    Quote jacksmyguy:
    Quote alanadz:
    Quote habbyfan:
    Quote jacksmyguy:

I am so with you on this, it is stupid and cruel.

That's cool. But the rest of us are moving on. It's stupid because Summer isn't Jack's. If folks really want Jack to be a father so badly, then why didn't we have all these thread during the years Kyle wasn't shown? Where are those Kyle is Jack's thread? JFP saw right through this BS and she dealt with it!

I cannot speak for anyone but myself. Regarding Jack not being Summer's father, there still has not been proof positive presented - only rampant rumor and speculation. I was not a member of this message board, or any other soap board for that matter, until a couple of months ago. However, if I had been, I would have told it like it was regarding Kyle as it was presented on the show, except in your mind. Jack always wanted Kyle to be part of his life but Diane kept them apart because she didn't approve of Jack's relationship with Phyllis. When Diane came to GC with Kyle when he was a toddler, Diane was jealous as hell of Phyllis' relationship with Jack and used Kyle as nothing more than a pawn to try to get Jack back with her. Jack didn't have a choice in the matter...At least that is the way the WRITERS chose to handle it at that time. And before you bring up Keemo again for the umpteenth time, he was an adult when he left the show and, AGAIN, this was the WRITERS decision to drop that s/l. Last thought - You stated that the rest of you are moving on from the paternity s/l. How is it that you speak for everyone? There are still quite a few of us who still believe that Jack really is Summer's father, or that he should be, and the writers have really blown how this s/l was presented.

IMHO they have left the paternity open now as it was 6 years ago. I think that Jack is the father. I cannot imagine that the writers would concoct a story to essentially leave the paternity as Nick. Other than Sharon, Jack is the charter most dumped on. There was no point to dragging Sharon into this mess other than to drag her through the mud and to keep Nick pristine at her expense. Poor Jack ...... what has this guy done to deserve the rollercoaster of emotions that he is being dealt? It makes no sense to do this story unless Jack is the father.

I don't know if they will leave it open to speculation yet or settle it once and for all, but I agree with you. I read an article where PB said basically the same thing; that Jack always comes out on the losing end of things and it has gotten so predictable that the fans know about it or expect it to happen before a situation even airs, and this article was a couple of years ago. He too said he'd like Jack to come out on top for once. The only other reason that I could think of to bring the paternity s/l up after all this time was to give closure to Phyllis' story if they didn't intend to recast the character, but it sounds now like they might do a recast. The bottom line is that I don't think these writers have a clue what they are doing.

#56   2013/08/11 06:15PM
    alanadz

Quote edaem1:
    Quote jacksmyguy:
    Quote edaem1:
    Quote alanadz:
    Quote jacksmyguy:

Absolutely. But we must have our steady diet of FOJ on a daily basis even though we know they will always be a flop. Kyle and Summer are the most clumsy and awkward couple I have even seen.

Beautiful Summer NEWMAN and dorky little weird druggie Fen? But I did like Jamie. I would have loved to see him stay in GC.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/11 06:17PM
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list