List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: The Paternity s/l had so much potential

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The Paternity s/l had so much potential

Started by lkail67 at 2013/08/10 08:57PM
    Latest post: 2013/08/11 06:15PM, Views: 1853, Replies: 55
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #41   2013/08/11 01:55PM
    Re: The Paternity s/l had so much potential
    jacksmyguy

Quote Gideon58: My primary problem with this storyline is why have us learn that Nick is not Summer's father and then reveal that Sharon altered the results of the test? I think this story would have been a lot more interesting if Jack REALLY was Summer's father. Bringing Sharon into it because she wanted to win Nick back was totally out of left field. Where did all these feelings for Nick suddenly come from? As for Cassie, it's always to see Camryn Grimes again, but to bring the ghost of a character back to the show and have them advise someone is one thing, but Sharon hasn't really listed to anything Cassie has told her and is just doing what she wants and trying to justify it to Cassie later, so what's the point?

I agree and, as far as I'm concerned, this paternity s/l has not been proven one way or the other yet. If the writers trotted out this ridiculous garbage just to end up changing the paternity back to Nick and use Sharon as the fall-girl, IMO that is truly stupid and horrible writing...just another reason to change this current regime to someone who can do a better job.

#42   2013/08/11 03:20PM
    alanadz

Quote jacksmyguy:
    Quote Gideon58: My primary problem with this storyline is why have us learn that Nick is not Summer's father and then reveal that Sharon altered the results of the test? I think this story would have been a lot more interesting if Jack REALLY was Summer's father. Bringing Sharon into it because she wanted to win Nick back was totally out of left field. Where did all these feelings for Nick suddenly come from? As for Cassie, it's always to see Camryn Grimes again, but to bring the ghost of a character back to the show and have them advise someone is one thing, but Sharon hasn't really listed to anything Cassie has told her and is just doing what she wants and trying to justify it to Cassie later, so what's the point?

I agree and, as far as I'm concerned, this paternity s/l has not been proven one way or the other yet. If the writers trotted out this ridiculous garbage just to end up changing the paternity back to Nick and use Sharon as the fall-girl, IMO that is truly stupid and horrible writing...just another reason to change this current regime to someone who can do a better job.

The only thing making Summer Jack's daughter did was end the Kyle/Summer pairing. A couple the writers very clearly want to write for.

#43   2013/08/11 03:47PM
    habbyfan

Quote jacksmyguy:

I am so with you on this, it is stupid and cruel.

#44   2013/08/11 04:23PM
    alanadz

Quote habbyfan:
    Quote jacksmyguy:

That's cool. But the rest of us are moving on. It's stupid because Summer isn't Jack's. If folks really want Jack to be a father so badly, then why didn't we have all these thread during the years Kyle wasn't shown? Where are those Kyle is Jack's thread? JFP saw right through this BS and she dealt with it!

#45   2013/08/11 04:50PM
    jacksmyguy

Quote alanadz:
    Quote habbyfan:
    Quote jacksmyguy:

That's cool. But the rest of us are moving on. It's stupid because Summer isn't Jack's. If folks really want Jack to be a father so badly, then why didn't we have all these thread during the years Kyle wasn't shown? Where are those Kyle is Jack's thread? JFP saw right through this BS and she dealt with it!

I cannot speak for anyone but myself. Regarding Jack not being Summer's father, there still has not been proof positive presented - only rampant rumor and speculation. I was not a member of this message board, or any other soap board for that matter, until a couple of months ago. However, if I had been, I would have told it like it was regarding Kyle as it was presented on the show, except in your mind. Jack always wanted Kyle to be part of his life but Diane kept them apart because she didn't approve of Jack's relationship with Phyllis. When Diane came to GC with Kyle when he was a toddler, Diane was jealous as hell of Phyllis' relationship with Jack and used Kyle as nothing more than a pawn to try to get Jack back with her. Jack didn't have a choice in the matter...At least that is the way the WRITERS chose to handle it at that time. And before you bring up Keemo again for the umpteenth time, he was an adult when he left the show and, AGAIN, this was the WRITERS decision to drop that s/l. Last thought - You stated that the rest of you are moving on from the paternity s/l. How is it that you speak for everyone? There are still quite a few of us who still believe that Jack really is Summer's father, or that he should be, and the writers have really blown how this s/l was presented.

#46   2013/08/11 05:09PM
    edaem1

Quote Blue 501:
    Quote lkail67: In my opinion the paternity s/l had so much potential. The writers didn't need to bring Sharon into the s/l. The fallout of Nick lying about being Summer's father could have been more. The outbursts from Phyllis and Jack were good but not powerful enough... let alone why would any of Nick's family be so understanding. I think the excuse of losing Cassie is just so LAME!!!! There are so many people out there in the world that loses a child... does that make it right to steal another couples child??

And to bring Sharon into the mix..WTF??? She lost Cassie to, and the excuse is that she didn't get to grieve along with Nick over the lost, so she switches the dna results... come on that is going so far overboard. we all grieve different ways... although I thought it was wrong for Nick to seek condolence in another woman's arms.

Wasn't it around the same time when Summer had the allergic reaction and was in critical condition, that Sharon was reading the DNA results of who the father was of Faith?? Maybe she also lied. there were 3 men ... Jack, Billy and Nick that could have been the father.

Another issue is .. why did they have to bring Cassie back??? I don't think it was necessary. I'm hoping that the writers will come up with a way to make it look like that Sharon imagine changing the DNA results and make it look like she did go off of her meds.

I did not like the way the writers wrote off phylis .. it did not do her justice!!! Just because a character wanted to leave the show after 16 years doesn't mean they had to put her in a coma ... they could have recasted her somehow. In a way they recycled a s/l from when Victoria Rowell (dru) left the show. very disappointing.

They are repeating a lot of story lines for sure. Even the one where Phyllis faked a back injury & stayed with the newly married Jack & Sharon on their couch while Sharon waited on her hand & foot. Sharon finally tricked her into getting up & proving she was not hurt after all.
    And let's not forget that Sharon DID lie about Faith's paternity. She lied by saying that Nick was NOT the father, that Jack was, to insure that Nick would give his full attention to the critically ill Summer. (I am sure she just thought she was "lending" Nick to Phyllis until Summer's crisis was over though. She did not know the idjit would do a whole re-re & marry Phyllis again).

Love this post. Nick is definitely an idjit.

#47   2013/08/11 05:14PM
    edaem1

Quote Blue 501:
    Quote TheCat:
    Quote PurrrrrrrKitty: I have a reliable source who says, JFP has just about plugged all the leaks to N. Branco because he is sabotizing her story lines.. like this one.. he leaked it weeks and weeks ago.. therefore, they had to make changes so it would end differently from what he told.. they have a war going on between these two.. but, since SONY hired her.. I would bet she wins this war.. He is a mere gossip monger.. who makes his living off of stars who will tell him the s/lines in advance.. he probably pays them for the leaks, which is a big NO NO .. that is why some of those people are gone.. they were thick as thieves with him.

He would love to see her fired and has got fans on his side to try to achieve it... because he has sabotized her show.. there is no element of surprise.. which is what he wants.. in fact, that is why he got fired 2 yeas ago.. he was doing the same thing on another soap.. so his Canada employment fired him.. but he got another gossip job.

When he cannot get the leak.. he guesses at it.

What a little petty monster he is.

I would love to see JFP get him fired again.

SC is one of his biggest sources is what I hear. NB is popular for a reason. He knows his stuff. He gets all kinds of scoop and there is always someone willing to give out the goods.. that is why gossip shows and magazines are so popular.. people want to know the dirt..

How could it possibly be SC? That is so not her. I would look to someone he supports 100%.

I think he is getting his info from someone who doesn't like their story line and the amount of airtime. SC is on all the time and has been out promoting the characters antics like she loves it. I do not think it is her but I am certain that I do know. And NB is a huge fan. I think it was wrong the way he ranted for weeks and spoiled a lot of work for the entire cast and staff. At some point, he will be his own downfall. He wont be able to get info or what he reports will be wrong and he will lose whatever credibility he has. Whatever has been going on with him and JFP has been more entertaining than the show, that's for sure.

#48   2013/08/11 05:15PM
    alanadz

Quote jacksmyguy:
    Quote alanadz:
    Quote habbyfan:
    Quote jacksmyguy:

I cannot speak for anyone but myself. Regarding Jack not being Summer's father, there still has not been proof positive presented - only rampant rumor and speculation. I was not a member of this message board, or any other soap board for that matter, until a couple of months ago. However, if I had been, I would have told it like it was regarding Kyle as it was presented on the show, except in your mind. Jack always wanted Kyle to be part of his life but Diane kept them apart because she didn't approve of Jack's relationship with Phyllis. When Diane came to GC with Kyle when he was a toddler, Diane was jealous as hell of Phyllis' relationship with Jack and used Kyle as nothing more than a pawn to try to get Jack back with her. Jack didn't have a choice in the matter...At least that is the way the WRITERS chose to handle it at that time. And before you bring up Keemo again for the umpteenth time, he was an adult when he left the show and, AGAIN, this was the WRITERS decision to drop that s/l. Last thought - You stated that the rest of you are moving on from the paternity s/l. How is it that you speak for everyone? There are still quite a few of us who still believe that Jack really is Summer's father, or that he should be, and the writers have really blown how this s/l was presented.

That is a quite a spin job. Diane could not keep Jack away from Kyle IF Jack wanted to be in his life. If Jack had put one tenth of the time, energy, planning and money into trying to be a father to his sons, as he put into his feud with Victor, he would have been a great father. But even if Jack were a good father, why should he be Summer's father? Phyllis never wanted him to be her child's father. What has Jack done that makes him deserve Summer? IF Jack had bothered to take the paternity test himself, this would not be issue. He would have known the truth 18 years ago.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/11 05:18PM
    #49   2013/08/11 05:22PM
    edaem1

Quote alanadz:
    Quote jacksmyguy:

The only thing making Summer Jack's daughter did was end the Kyle/Summer pairing. A couple the writers very clearly want to write for.

If they want this pair, they should have found different actors. There is not an eyedroppers worth of chemistry between the two. Kyle had more chemistry with Phyllis when he kissed her.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/11 05:27PM
    #50   2013/08/11 05:27PM
    alanadz

Quote edaem1:
    Quote alanadz:
    Quote jacksmyguy:

If they want this pair, they should have found different actors. There is not an eyedroppers worth oc chemistry between the two. Kyle had more chemistry with Phyllis when he kissed her.

That's your opinion. Both actors are friends of Jill.

The question is which one of these men will JFP and JG write for, Jack or Nick? We already know HK (Summer) is a friend of Jill, so she will get her share of story. So there it is, who is the leading man that will get the front burner story will be Summer's dad.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/11 05:32PM
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list