List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: An Open letter to Angelica McDaniel head of CBS D

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

An Open letter to Angelica McDaniel head of CBS D

Started by Darlotto at 2013/08/10 03:16PM
    Latest post: 2013/08/11 05:03PM, Views: 1678, Replies: 19
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2013/08/10 07:00PM
    Re: An Open letter to Angelica McDaniel head of CBS D
    Paggie

I think you need to direct your concerns to Steve Kent at Sony. Not sure Angelica McDaniel holds much power over the inner workings of Y & R. Y & R is a Sony production. They hold the purse strings.

#12   2013/08/10 09:30PM
    glh1950

Sony holds the purse strings to Y&R and I suggest the bottom line is more important than the quality of the show, including the art, actors, and craft of our daytime 'stories'. The hiring of JFP didn't bode well given her track record and the proof seems to be in the pudding. Perhaps the current mess is what Sony wanted, saved money and has reasons to let the big ticket vets go and/or cancel the series. Sony either takes the genre serious or it continues to fuel the demise by doing business as usual.

B&B's ratings aren't so much the result of a better program and better writing but the lack of other 'story' options for viewers. Please don't covet B&B's mediocre story methodology.

And I really don't get the whole asking beloved veteran characters to cutback face time and/or take paycuts == why? so SB can have the big veteran bucks and the other perks like travel etc. If he's that 'big' let him go to prime time or get his own show, run by JFP, and let us get our stories back too normal. Sorry for the SB rant, IMO, just haven't seen anything from him on his old show or here worth the apparent slap in everyone else's face. What is the JFP's problem and if it's not all about the bottom line what is Sony going to do about it?

#13   2013/08/10 11:11PM
    ThornsandRoses

Corporations don't understand complaints. Ask their lower level employees. As for their customers, as long as there are complaints, they know their product, in this case Y&R, is still being "used". What gets a corporation’s attention is reduced revenue.

In the case of Y&R, there are a number of ways to attack the problem. As Sony does not seem too interested in keeping the soap on the air as evidenced by first hiring and now continuing to allow its EP to alienate the majority of the viewers, stop watching now. It will save you headaches and money ((electric bill and wear on the TV, set top box(es), and remotes)). If the viewers start to disappear and the products are not bought, CBS and Sony will lose advertisers as well as other income. If you really want to speed the process, keep track of which companies are advertising on Y&R and start buying their competitors products. Don’t buy or watch anything Sony. Don’t buy or watch anything CBS. Of course it would require some research to find all the “products”, but I can say with certainty that anything Showtime is on the list. CBS is very involved in TVGN (once known as TV Guide Network) which is why Y&R is no longer on Soapnet but now on TVGN.

The bottom line is, Sony cares less if we complain but keep watching Y&R and buying it products. The same applies to those who advertise on Y&R. I personally think it is time to abandon all things Sony including its advertisers. After all, that’s what Sony did to us when it hired the soap killer as the EP of Y&R.

#14   2013/08/10 11:37PM
    Lollicop

Thanks for writing this letter!

#15   2013/08/10 11:41PM
    Kelly777

https://www.facebook.com/steve.kent.3781?hiq=steve%2Ckent&ref=search

Write to Steve Kent on Facebook.

#16   2013/08/11 12:14AM
    pierces mom

Great Letter Dave

#17   2013/08/11 02:55AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote ThornsandRoses: Corporations don't understand complaints. Ask their lower level employees. As for their customers, as long as there are complaints, they know their product, in this case Y&R, is still being "used". What gets a corporation’s attention is reduced revenue.

In the case of Y&R, there are a number of ways to attack the problem. As Sony does not seem too interested in keeping the soap on the air as evidenced by first hiring and now continuing to allow its EP to alienate the majority of the viewers, stop watching now. It will save you headaches and money ((electric bill and wear on the TV, set top box(es), and remotes)). If the viewers start to disappear and the products are not bought, CBS and Sony will lose advertisers as well as other income. If you really want to speed the process, keep track of which companies are advertising on Y&R and start buying their competitors products. Don’t buy or watch anything Sony. Don’t buy or watch anything CBS. Of course it would require some research to find all the “products”, but I can say with certainty that anything Showtime is on the list. CBS is very involved in TVGN (once known as TV Guide Network) which is why Y&R is no longer on Soapnet but now on TVGN.

The bottom line is, Sony cares less if we complain but keep watching Y&R and buying it products. The same applies to those who advertise on Y&R. I personally think it is time to abandon all things Sony including its advertisers. After all, that’s what Sony did to us when it hired the soap killer as the EP of Y&R.

All very valid points. I agree with each and every one. The only reason I am still watching now, I have long since stopped buying anything Sony or anything advertised on CBS, but I am watching and waiting to see if her contract is renewed.

#18   2013/08/11 03:19AM
    TheCat

Quote Darlotto: im really hoping someone like Eric Braiden comes out and blasts the woman I think he would be able to affect change like no other star

It won't happen.. he knows he would lose his job,, he does not have the power he used to have.

#19   2013/08/11 01:00PM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

Quote TheCat:
    Quote Darlotto: im really hoping someone like Eric Braiden comes out and blasts the woman I think he would be able to affect change like no other star

It won't happen.. he knows he would lose his job,, he does not have the power he used to have.

For just being a Poster, you sure seem to know a lot of things about the inside.. hmmmmmm......????

#20   2013/08/11 05:03PM
    ThornsandRoses

Quote Darlotto: highlighthollywood.com/2013/08/highlight-hollywood-reader-and-yr-fan-dan-arlotto... />
    They just posted my open letter lol

Great news!

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list