List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: An Open letter to Angelica McDaniel head of CBS D

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

An Open letter to Angelica McDaniel head of CBS D

Started by Darlotto at 2013/08/10 03:16PM
    Latest post: 2013/08/11 05:03PM, Views: 1677, Replies: 19
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/08/10 03:16PM
    An Open letter to Angelica McDaniel head of CBS D
    Darlotto

Hello my name is Dave Arlotto and I have been a long time fan of CBS soaps more importantly Y&R. Ever since I came home, where my grandfather would watch the show during my school lunch. The storyline of Jack and Brad takeover of Newman and Victor smashing their picture from that day on I was hooked. I am writing this letter out of concern and fear for the show. Understand I did not only become a fan of the show, but also a fan of the industry and what goes on behind the scenes at the show. You can say that I’m a student of William J Bell. The one thing I disliked more is soaps of ABC.This is not a knock at those shows but I like many Y&R fans liked the stability behind and in front camera. Everything from the music to the core characters, that is what made Y&R iconic unlike no other show. In saying that under the current direction of the show, Y&R has and will continue to be unrecognizable and that needs to change for the health of the show. It didn’t just start with Jill Farren Phelps it began with Lynn Marie Latham who was allowed to come in and get rid of the entire creative team and others behind the scenes. Until Marie Arena Bell was hired during the writing staff strike, but her biggest mistake was not surrounding her self with Bell people and that was her ultimate mistake. Notice a pattern? Jill Farren Phelps now ex producer has overseen four soaps Santa Barbara, Another World, Guiding Light, One Life to Live and all four have been cancelled and that’s no coincident. General Hospital has survived and it’s only because the network was smart enough to get rid of the women before it was too late. If this woman was an executive in any other industry other then the soap industry and she was responsible for the failing of four major products. No company would ever hire her for a high profile product like Y&R. It is because of her management style of firing veteran actors and actresses and replacing them with younger and cheaper actors as well as hires her friends; among other terrible decisions shows suffer a slow and painful death.
    I believe that I have a solution that will bring stability and sensibility back to the show that the late great William J Bell would approve of. That is to name Brad Bell as the next executive producer of both Y&R as well B&B. I assume he would have to step down as writer of B&B. But that would be up to him. Kay Alden and Jack Smith should return as co head writers, as they served under Bill Bell and know the show like no other. The show needs to return to its roots both behind and in front camera with Bill Bell's vision. With the people he mentored as they are best suited to guide this show. Too many bad decisions have been made over the last couple of years and need to be fixed.
    Yes Brad Bell has his faults but much as any other writer, but what has continued B&B’s success over the years, is his late father’s vision and would do the same with Y&R. Starting with the firing of Jill Farren Phelps and the return of Bill Bell’s team it will set the show down the right path. The future of the show is with the past, set by the late great William J Bell and those that surrounded him over the years. With the recent passing of the late grate Jeanne Cooper and William J Bell before her, we learned that time is precious and nothing is forever. Put egos aside do what is best for Y&R viewers. The best executives in the world admit they make mistakes and fix it. Jill Farren Phelps was a bad hire and needs to be fired. Get back to what has made Y&R the #1 soap in daytime not try and become an ABC Soap knockoff. Soap killer Jill Farren Phelps needs to go. To quote Victor Newman YOU GOT THAT!!!

Sincerely
    Dave Arlotto

#2   2013/08/10 03:38PM
    Re: An Open letter to Angelica McDaniel head of CBS D
    Homesick Cajun

Excellent! Co-sign!!

Perfect closing!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/10 03:39PM
    #3   2013/08/10 03:39PM
    kn1231

Quote Darlotto: Hello my name is Dave Arlotto and I have been a long time fan of CBS soaps more importantly Y&R. Ever since I came home, where my grandfather would watch the show during my school lunch. The storyline of Jack and Brad takeover of Newman and Victor smashing their picture from that day on I was hooked. I am writing this letter out of concern and fear for the show. Understand I did not only become a fan of the show, but also a fan of the industry and what goes on behind the scenes at the show. You can say that I’m a student of William J Bell. The one thing I disliked more is soaps of ABC.This is not a knock at those shows but I like many Y&R fans liked the stability behind and in front camera. Everything from the music to the core characters, that is what made Y&R iconic unlike no other show. In saying that under the current direction of the show, Y&R has and will continue to be unrecognizable and that needs to change for the health of the show. It didn’t just start with Jill Farren Phelps it began with Lynn Marie Latham who was allowed to come in and get rid of the entire creative team and others behind the scenes. Until Marie Arena Bell was hired during the writing staff strike, but her biggest mistake was not surrounding her self with Bell people and that was her ultimate mistake. Notice a pattern? Jill Farren Phelps now ex producer has overseen four soaps Santa Barbara, Another World, Guiding Light, One Life to Live and all four have been cancelled and that’s no coincident. General Hospital has survived and it’s only because the network was smart enough to get rid of the women before it was too late. If this woman was an executive in any other industry other then the soap industry and she was responsible for the failing of four major products. No company would ever hire her for a high profile product like Y&R. It is because of her management style of firing veteran actors and actresses and replacing them with younger and cheaper actors as well as hires her friends; among other terrible decisions shows suffer a slow and painful death.
    I believe that I have a solution that will bring stability and sensibility back to the show that the late great William J Bell would approve of. That is to name Brad Bell as the next executive producer of both Y&R as well B&B. I assume he would have to step down as writer of B&B. But that would be up to him. Kay Alden and Jack Smith should return as co head writers, as they served under Bill Bell and know the show like no other. The show needs to return to its roots both behind and in front camera with Bill Bell's vision. With the people he mentored as they are best suited to guide this show. Too many bad decisions have been made over the last couple of years and need to be fixed.
    Yes Brad Bell has his faults but much as any other writer, but what has continued B&B’s success over the years, is his late father’s vision and would do the same with Y&R. Starting with the firing of Jill Farren Phelps and the return of Bill Bell’s team it will set the show down the right path. The future of the show is with the past, set by the late great William J Bell and those that surrounded him over the years. With the recent passing of the late grate Jeanne Cooper and William J Bell before her, we learned that time is precious and nothing is forever. Put egos aside do what is best for Y&R viewers. The best executives in the world admit they make mistakes and fix it. Jill Farren Phelps was a bad hire and needs to be fired. Get back to what has made Y&R the #1 soap in daytime not try and become an ABC Soap knockoff. Soap killer Jill Farren Phelps needs to go. To quote Victor Newman YOU GOT THAT!!!

Sincerely
    Dave Arlotto

As a past viewer of B&B, I don't want Brad Bell anywhere near this soap. My current problem with the show is the writing, although I don't even find it that bad. I think they should be focused on a new writing team.

#4   2013/08/10 03:41PM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote kn1231:
    Quote Darlotto: Hello my name is Dave Arlotto and I have been a long time fan of CBS soaps more importantly Y&R. Ever since I came home, where my grandfather would watch the show during my school lunch. The storyline of Jack and Brad takeover of Newman and Victor smashing their picture from that day on I was hooked. I am writing this letter out of concern and fear for the show. Understand I did not only become a fan of the show, but also a fan of the industry and what goes on behind the scenes at the show. You can say that I’m a student of William J Bell. The one thing I disliked more is soaps of ABC.This is not a knock at those shows but I like many Y&R fans liked the stability behind and in front camera. Everything from the music to the core characters, that is what made Y&R iconic unlike no other show. In saying that under the current direction of the show, Y&R has and will continue to be unrecognizable and that needs to change for the health of the show. It didn’t just start with Jill Farren Phelps it began with Lynn Marie Latham who was allowed to come in and get rid of the entire creative team and others behind the scenes. Until Marie Arena Bell was hired during the writing staff strike, but her biggest mistake was not surrounding her self with Bell people and that was her ultimate mistake. Notice a pattern? Jill Farren Phelps now ex producer has overseen four soaps Santa Barbara, Another World, Guiding Light, One Life to Live and all four have been cancelled and that’s no coincident. General Hospital has survived and it’s only because the network was smart enough to get rid of the women before it was too late. If this woman was an executive in any other industry other then the soap industry and she was responsible for the failing of four major products. No company would ever hire her for a high profile product like Y&R. It is because of her management style of firing veteran actors and actresses and replacing them with younger and cheaper actors as well as hires her friends; among other terrible decisions shows suffer a slow and painful death.

Sincerely
    Dave Arlotto

As a past viewer of B&B, I don't want Brad Bell anywhere near this soap. My current problem with the show is the writing, although I don't even find it that bad. I think they should be focused on a new writing team.

I'm not Brad Bell's biggest supporter by any means, but compared to JFP he's a genius! B&B gains each and every week in the ratings. It won't be any time before B&B surpasses Y&R. So he's doing something right over there.
    Something has got to be done, if we don't want Y&R to be cancelled, if something is not done before we know it, the show will be gone. If JFP is continued on her path, then we are watching the final scenes now!!!

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/10 03:47PM
    #5   2013/08/10 03:47PM
    Lee4748

I love your letter. I am not a long time fan as you, only since 2006. I started watching All My Children in 2001, and tuned into Y&R one day and I was so impressed by the writing and acting, I was hooked. This show was far superior to AMC. I loved it so much I switched to watching the full hour of Y&R and recorded AMC to watch later in the day. The show always held my attention, up until JFP took over. It is a mere shadow of what it used to be. The stories are lackluster and all the new young characters have no substance or acting prowess. Their stories surrounding them are so out of left field, it might as well be a totally new soap opera. I hope Sony and CBS realize they made a big mistake and get rid of her before it is too late. I, like you, cannot understand why they put her in charge knowing her track record. These new characters cannot shine the shoes of Tucker, Ashley, Genevieve, Sophia, etc., etc. Thank you for posting your letter.

#6   2013/08/10 03:57PM
    Darlotto

im really hoping someone like Eric Braiden comes out and blasts the woman I think he would be able to affect change like no other star

#7   2013/08/10 04:03PM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote Darlotto: im really hoping someone like Eric Braiden comes out and blasts the woman I think he would be able to affect change like no other star

I just hope something is done, I've been watching since 2000. It is just deplorable what JFP has been allowed to do to this once great program.

I wish all viewers dissatisfied with the current regime would do the same as you have. I have written several letters and emailed to CBS/Sony.

The really sad part to me was last week when it was revealed that Angelica McDaniel had never really watched the show and then she hired JFP knowing that JFP also hadn't watched and knew nothing about the rich history of the characters involved.

I truly feel JFP's running amuck and her blatant hatred of women is a travesty and should be an insult to all viewers.

#8   2013/08/10 04:15PM
    jacksmyguy

Quote Darlotto: im really hoping someone like Eric Braiden comes out and blasts the woman I think he would be able to affect change like no other star

Thanks for a great letter. As a viewer of Y&R since it first started, you stated my sentiments exactly. I also think that you're right on target with Eric Braeden. The only person to have had more clout would have been Jeanne Cooper and sadly that can't happen. I sure hope if enough of us complain that eventually someone will wake up before it's too late.

#9   2013/08/10 04:27PM
    Darlotto

highlighthollywood.com/2013/08/highlight-hollywood-reader-and-yr-fan-dan-arlotto... />
    They just posted my open letter lol

#10   2013/08/10 06:21PM
    jacksmyguy

Quote Darlotto: highlighthollywood.com/2013/08/highlight-hollywood-reader-and-yr-fan-dan-arlotto... />
    They just posted my open letter lol

Fantastic! I hope it does some good.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list