List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Josh Griffith May Be Out! 15 Days Left On Contract

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Josh Griffith May Be Out! 15 Days Left On Contract

Started by clarkie at 2013/08/09 03:59PM
    Latest post: 2013/08/15 04:27PM, Views: 6189, Replies: 64
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #1   2013/08/09 03:59PM
    Josh Griffith May Be Out! 15 Days Left On Contract
    clarkie

Major Shake Up!

Soap Blogger and Insider Tommy Garret is reporting that Josh Griffith may be on his way OUT!

JFP is ready to fire him for having "a complete breakdown" on the job. Josh Griffith has 15 days left on his contract and he is taking time off for a vacation next week.

SONY is already interviewing new writers.

Stay tuned!

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/09 03:59PM
    #2   2013/08/09 04:00PM
    YR Insiders Say A Major Shake Up Is Coming, Josh Griffith May Be Out!
    clarkie

highlighthollywood.com/2013/08/insiders-at-the-young-and-the-restless-tell-highl...

#3   2013/08/09 04:01PM
    Re: Josh Griffith May Be Out! 15 Days Left On Contract
    Sunnyflower

Goodness. I don't like to hear of anyone having a breakdown, but I will say I am not liking his crappy stories.

#4   2013/08/09 04:04PM
    clarkie

A source close to Jill Farren Phelps confirms, Josh Griffith is most likely on the way out, that Jill wants him gone, and he’s having what is described by the insider as, “a complete meltdown!”

After days of posting cryptic messages on his Facebook page, friends of the head writer of the soap say, that he’s really disillusioned and wants to move on to more fulfilling thing.

“Even though Josh is at work in the building today, he’s just a wreck. He’s previously had his door locked, and seemed as though he was having a breakdown, and Jill has been so uncaring, and telling everyone, she doesn’t time to coddle people, and she is pressuring Sony execs to fire Griffith.”

Highlight Hollywood spoke with a Sony insider today, who reported to us, “he [Griffith] has less than 15-days left on his contract. He’s starting vacation with his family next week, and Sony would ideally like to let it look like his decision after a vacation that he’s ready to move on. They are in talks with several writers right now, because after he returns from his vacation, there are only 6 days left on his contract,”

#5   2013/08/09 04:06PM
    clarkie

Another CBS insider reminded Highlight Hollywood, “Don’t forget after the big writers’ strike, Josh [Griffith] wanted all the other writers fired, because he was so intimidated by their talent. He basically had a meltdown then, and was locked in his office for days, barely able to handle the stress then. It’s only gotten worse now, because he now has no loyal people around him, they all want to see him go, and most importantly Jill Phelps wants to see him go. Actually we all do.”

#6   2013/08/09 04:09PM
    pink kiity

we need to get rid of the soap killer first shes has to go need to go and need to be gone shes would be the first on my list to get rid of before anyone else

#7   2013/08/09 04:14PM
    Sunnyflower

Good grief, JFP sounds like such a joy to work with.

JG should consider a career change.

#8   2013/08/09 04:16PM
    clarkie

A “Y&R” actor tells us, “Sony is doing all it can to try to misplace their biggest mistake, hiring Jill in the first place. They wrangled creative control of this show away from the Bells, the people who created this show, and now they have bitten off a bigger piece than they can chew, and how any of them thought this terrible woman, who ruined every show she was ever a part of, including almost getting ‘General Hospital’ canceled after turning it into a mob story, is beyond me.

She is cold as ice, and she just wanted to fail-up and get the top show on daytime television. She did, but she’s made a mockery of what William J. Bell and his wife Lee created. It’s just sad for me, and I know the fans are unhappy I hear it every day. But, there’s nothing anyone can do except pray that Sony can admit their mistake.

Yes, Josh [Griffith] needs to go, and mostly for being so disloyal to his former boss. But, he’s paid a heavy price for it. He looks terrible, as if he hasn’t slept in days, and read his rambling on Facebook, he keeps hinting that he needs something more fulfilling. He just needs to go!”

#9   2013/08/09 04:17PM
    clarkie

Quote pink kiity: we need to get rid of the soap killer first shes has to go need to go and need to be gone shes would be the first on my list to get rid of before anyone else

Yep, exactly.

JFP, the Soap Killer, is the #1 problem.

#10   2013/08/09 04:20PM
    clarkie

Quote Sunnyflower: Goodness. I don't like to hear of anyone having a breakdown, but I will say I am not liking his crappy stories.

Josh Griffith can't handle the stress of the Head Writer position. This promotion was too much for him. He got overwhelmed.

JFP hired TWO General Hospital writers to assist him, Shelly Altman and Tracey Thomson, but neither of them know Y&R history or characters.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list