List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: What a Birth

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What a Birth

Started by Scotia at 2013/08/09 01:54PM
    Latest post: 2013/08/10 12:42PM, Views: 3518, Replies: 41
    1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #1   2013/08/09 01:54PM
    What a Birth
    Scotia

OK, baby born, delivered by Dylan. No blood, no umbilical cord, perfectly clean blanket. Ladies, I think we all know what a newborn looks like before being 'cleaned'.

This is truly beyond belief. There are many ways this birth could have been handled, realistic without being traumatic. The size of the baby is being explained away by the fact Chelsea was a ten pound baby, so it was expected the baby would be big! The paramedics who arrived after the delivery commented that normally a baby born this prematurely would be small in size and have underdeveloped lungs. The fully developed lungs was explained by her as being because of the steroids she was given when she went in to early labour!

Once again, I am rolling my eyes and shaking my head at the way the writers are treating us like idiots to believe this drivel!

#2   2013/08/09 02:19PM
    Re: What a Birth
    greengrass

I DIDN'T PAY ANY ATTENTION BECAUSE I LOST INTEREST IN THIS S/L ALONG TIME AGO.8 months of the same thing every day is just a little to much.

#3   2013/08/09 02:26PM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote Scotia: OK, baby born, delivered by Dylan. No blood, no umbilical cord, perfectly clean blanket. Ladies, I think we all know what a newborn looks like before being 'cleaned'.

This is truly beyond belief. There are many ways this birth could have been handled, realistic without being traumatic. The size of the baby is being explained away by the fact Chelsea was a ten pound baby, so it was expected the baby would be big! The paramedics who arrived after the delivery commented that normally a baby born this prematurely would be small in size and have underdeveloped lungs. The fully developed lungs was explained by her as being because of the steroids she was given when she went in to early labour!

Once again, I am rolling my eyes and shaking my head at the way the writers are treating us like idiots to believe this drivel!

I truly believe they have underestimated their audience.

I know they have insulted my intelligence far too long. I'm hanging on by a thread now. I want to see what they do for Jeanne Cooper, how they handle Mrs. C. passing, I'm guessing they will disappoint there too. Sigh....

But, if JFP's contract is renewed in a few weeks, then I give up....SMH

#4   2013/08/09 02:27PM
    Jackie10

Quote greengrass: I DIDN'T PAY ANY ATTENTION BECAUSE I LOST INTEREST IN THIS S/L ALONG TIME AGO.8 months of the same thing every day is just a little to much.

She is just over 7 months even if she conceived on January 1 so the baby is 2 months premature. Strange that the child is so big.

#5   2013/08/09 02:45PM
    maja

Of course dense Dylan just doesn't have the brains to question the lame excuse that Chelsea gives about delivering such a big ol baby.Just takes con Chelsea's word and smiles dumbly..just pathetic.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/09 02:46PM
    #6   2013/08/09 02:52PM
    canada gal

In today's Cdn epi, its explained that the baby is a few weeks premature.

#7   2013/08/09 02:53PM
    Gracewashere

Quote canada gal: In today's Cdn epi, its explained that the baby is a few weeks premature.

Oh I suspect Dylan does have a clue, just doesn't want to acknowledge it openly. I kinda like them together, so I may be somewhat biased.

#8   2013/08/09 03:40PM
    Geordiegal

Quote Scotia: OK, baby born, delivered by Dylan. No blood, no umbilical cord, perfectly clean blanket. Ladies, I think we all know what a newborn looks like before being 'cleaned'.

The writers are so stupid. Have any of them got children and if so how can they insult the fans by showing a baby born as you describe and not only that, when he's 10 seconds old he smiles at his mother.

#9   2013/08/09 03:42PM
    Joyrider

I'm with you, I think Dylan knows

#10   2013/08/09 04:06PM
    mimimak

I had two premies, one at 7 months (31 weeks) who was 3 1/2 pounds with mature lungs but could not suck yet and had to be tube fed. Sucking reflex comes in about 32-33 weeks I believe. Lung maturity was attributed to a stressful pregnancy with early contractions and bleeding that helped mature her lungs. Second child was born at 35 weeks, 5 lbs 10 oz but her lungs were NOT mature. She was on CPAP for 24 hours to assist her breathing as her chest collapsed shortly after her birth. IMO If Chelsea's baby was supposed to be 7 months gestation, baby's lungs would likely NOT be mature and baby would weigh under 5 lbs. and would require tube feedings. Dylan will figure it out if he is smart.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/09 04:07PM
    1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list