List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: off topic actress karen black dies at 74

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

off topic actress karen black dies at 74

Started by pink kiity at 2013/08/08 05:47PM
    Latest post: 2013/08/09 05:05PM, Views: 1559, Replies: 11
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/08/08 05:47PM
    off topic actress karen black dies at 74
    pink kiity

actress karen black died today at 74 no cause of death was given shes will be miss --that nummber 2 marilyn king number 1
    made them both rest in peace they where both talented in there way rest in peace both of you

#2   2013/08/08 05:51PM
    Re: off topic actress karen black dies at 74
    Chuckyducky

Quote pink kiity: actress karen black died today at 74 no cause of death was given shes will be miss --that nummber 2 marilyn king number 1
    made them both rest in peace they where both talented in there way rest in peace both of you

Nooo! I grew up on Karen Black. I remember her in the Trilogy movies as well as scores of other films. I thought I'd see her again on screen. RIP Mrs. Black. You will be missed!

#3   2013/08/08 05:55PM
    Homesick Cajun

I just read that too! I have Comcast and it was on their main page. The article I read said she died of complications from cancer.

First thing I ever saw her in was "Easy Rider".

RIP

#4   2013/08/08 05:59PM
    bukopandan

When I was a kid I'd always watch her in movies. She was incredibly beautiful and in her roles had such a vulnerability too.

#5   2013/08/08 06:31PM
    maja

RIP Karen Black! The trilogy movie was so good, I remember my Mom letting me stay up late and watch that...that little doll was so scary, gave me chills. She was such an underrated actress!

#6   2013/08/08 06:43PM
    ThornsandRoses

Absolutely loved her in "Airport 75". I've watched that movie so many times that I can do 2 lines with the audio, one where Karen says "Bess, we're too low" and the other when George Kennedy says "She's flying it, she's flying it herself". Both of those lines cause me to shiver every time I watch the movie which is at least 4 times per year.

Ms Black is another great talent gone much too soon. Why are we Baby Boomers losing so many great talents, particularly those not lost to death? No disrespect to Karen Black or her fans of which I am one, but as this is a Y&R MB, I'm guessing the OP and those who have replied are (or were) fans of Y&R. We lose greats like Karen Black to death which is understandable. What I can't understand is why we lose greats such as Michelle Stafford (like Phyllis Newman or not, MS is a fantastic actress) to the stupidity of TPTB. I would love to know if Ms Black watched Y&R.

Even if you didn't watch Y&R, RIP Ms Black. I am so glad I had the opportunity to enjoy your talent while you walked among us and can continue to enjoy your talent in recordings.

#7   2013/08/08 07:02PM
    Phyllisrocks...

She was a good person & loved her shows.

#8   2013/08/08 07:53PM
    BigBluePlate

Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote pink kiity: actress karen black died today at 74 no cause of death was given shes will be miss --that nummber 2 marilyn king number 1

Nooo! I grew up on Karen Black. I remember her in the Trilogy movies as well as scores of other films. I thought I'd see her again on screen. RIP Mrs. Black. You will be missed!

Ooh, who could forget that Trilogy sl with that devil doll? And she was also good in the movie The Great Gatsby with Robert Redford and Bruce Dern. My condolences to her family and friends.

#9   2013/08/09 04:12AM
    hopey pix

Oh I feel so sad!Eileen Brennan died last week,now Karen Black!I loved her acting!I followed her alot!And remember her look-alike sister,Gail Brown,who was Clarice on Another World also!!So sad to see we are loosing these great people now!!RIP,Karen!!

#10   2013/08/09 11:45AM
    alanadz

RIP Karen Black. Very good actress.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list