List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Could Anyone Ever See Summer & Fen as a Couple?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Could Anyone Ever See Summer & Fen as a Couple?

Started by alanadz at 2013/08/06 07:01PM
    Latest post: 2013/08/15 01:08PM, Views: 1651, Replies: 49
    « 1 2 3 4 5 page:
    #41   2013/08/08 02:08PM
    Re: Could Anyone Ever See Summer & Fen as a Couple?
    alanadz

Quote Alayne:
    Quote alanadz:
    Quote Alayne:
    Quote alanadz:
    Quote Alayne: No to Summer and Fen as a couple. It would just be weird to me to hook them up. They have grown up together with BFF's for parents so it would be too much of a sibling vibe. That said, I'd take Fen over GiantKyle any day.

I think Raven has potential. When she's been on screen, I've paid attention. She's a good actress and she's got a spark. The first time she was on screen they went way overboard with the goth thing and I didn't think I'd be able to get past that, but she made me watch her. The next time we saw her she was much more toned down and I liked her even more. I hope they keep her around.

I know the reel world is different from the REAL world, but no way does a girl like Summer date a guy like Fen.
    Fen is better than Kyle in the "prize" department. A least Fen really cares about Summer. GiantKyle got one kiss from mama and dumped Summer faster than a cat jumps off a hot tin roof. I feel nothing between Summer/Kyle. Their unattainable "love" is non existent. At least with Fen there is a real connection and their scenes pop because both actors can bring it. But, I do NOT want them as a couple. Fen is not ready to take on a girl like Summer and all her drama. It would just get him hurt, like it did at prom.

That little dork is not ready for anything. He will never be the type of guy the pretty/popular girls go for. As for drama, Summer is not the one doing drugs. Summer is a Newman, she is handling her business.

Summer is the one that started Fen's spiral out of control. She started the bullying with Jamie. It's clearly not her fault that Fen kept it going, but SHE got him involved. She then set him up on prom night and made a fool out of him, which started kids to bully HIM. Summer is no sweet, innocent, helpless angel.

IMO, Kyle is way past dork. He has NO personality. He's about as interesting and intriguing as watching grass grow. Fen is troubled, thanks in part to Summer's machinations and manipulations, , but at least he HAS a personality.

It may be true that so called pretty, popular girls wouldn't give a guy like Fen the time of day, but they are being shallow and not giving a much better guy a chance. Fen would worship Summer and give her any and all the attention she wanted. Or, she could just stay with Kyle and be bored to death. there is way more to a relationship than the way a person looks. Pretty lasts for a while, but boring and stupid is forever.

Fen is worked up over his parents. The poor little thing. It's not Summer's fault he is a dork. His solution to his problems is drugs? I give Summer major props for dealing with her business, now matter how tough it gets. Kyle is an Abbott, his family is also very wealthy and prominent. Not like the Newmans of course, but they are up there.

#42   2013/08/10 08:32AM
    alanadz

If the writers recast Fen yes, with the current Fen, heck no.

#43   2013/08/10 09:26AM
    lmfan

Quote alanadz:
    Quote Alayne:
    Quote alanadz:
    Quote Alayne:
    Quote alanadz:
    Quote Alayne: No to Summer and Fen as a couple. It would just be weird to me to hook them up. They have grown up together with BFF's for parents so it would be too much of a sibling vibe. That said, I'd take Fen over GiantKyle any day.

I think Raven has potential. When she's been on screen, I've paid attention. She's a good actress and she's got a spark. The first time she was on screen they went way overboard with the goth thing and I didn't think I'd be able to get past that, but she made me watch her. The next time we saw her she was much more toned down and I liked her even more. I hope they keep her around.

I know the reel world is different from the REAL world, but no way does a girl like Summer date a guy like Fen.
    Fen is better than Kyle in the "prize" department. A least Fen really cares about Summer. GiantKyle got one kiss from mama and dumped Summer faster than a cat jumps off a hot tin roof. I feel nothing between Summer/Kyle. Their unattainable "love" is non existent. At least with Fen there is a real connection and their scenes pop because both actors can bring it. But, I do NOT want them as a couple. Fen is not ready to take on a girl like Summer and all her drama. It would just get him hurt, like it did at prom.

That little dork is not ready for anything. He will never be the type of guy the pretty/popular girls go for. As for drama, Summer is not the one doing drugs. Summer is a Newman, she is handling her business.

Summer is the one that started Fen's spiral out of control. She started the bullying with Jamie. It's clearly not her fault that Fen kept it going, but SHE got him involved. She then set him up on prom night and made a fool out of him, which started kids to bully HIM. Summer is no sweet, innocent, helpless angel.

IMO, Kyle is way past dork. He has NO personality. He's about as interesting and intriguing as watching grass grow. Fen is troubled, thanks in part to Summer's machinations and manipulations, , but at least he HAS a personality.

It may be true that so called pretty, popular girls wouldn't give a guy like Fen the time of day, but they are being shallow and not giving a much better guy a chance. Fen would worship Summer and give her any and all the attention she wanted. Or, she could just stay with Kyle and be bored to death. there is way more to a relationship than the way a person looks. Pretty lasts for a while, but boring and stupid is forever.

Fen is worked up over his parents. The poor little thing. It's not Summer's fault he is a dork. His solution to his problems is drugs? I give Summer major props for dealing with her business, now matter how tough it gets. Kyle is an Abbott, his family is also very wealthy and prominent. Not like the Newmans of course, but they are up there.

The Baldwins are hardly middle class. Lauren comes from old money. She was like a young Summer who was a daddy's girl who was spoiled when young. She is very rich. She has ran and owned a line of department stores since she was just a little older than Summer. Michael is a self made man like Victor who put himself through Harvard to become the top attorney in town.

Fen is troubled right now just like his parents were when young but men in his family are very loyal and loving to the women they choose. They are also smart. A loyal smart and loving man when Fen gets a bit older. That is not a bad catch in my eyes.

But maybe he will want someone better than Summer. She has shown that she will use him for her own needs already so maybe Fen deserves someone who really wants him for him. Who would have ever thought Michael Baldwin would ever be a catch but he has proven to be a wonderful husband and father. I can see Fen the same way in the future.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/10 09:31AM
    #44   2013/08/10 09:57AM
    Alayne

So the Abbott name and money are what's important? They can treat you however they want as long as they have a "good" name and money. Jack falls in love with every woman who pays attention to him for more than 5 minutes. I love Jack, but the man has a new "love of his life" every six months. That's what Kyle has learned about love and commitment from his dad. Fen, OTOH, has just watched his dad forgive and get past a serious betrayal and still be in love and loyal to his mother. That's what Fen has learned about love and commitment from his dad.

Summer could do way worse than a guy like Fen. Fen would be and has been loyal. Loyalty means a whole lot more than looks, money, and a "name." Not that Fen doesn't have those things. Max Erich is a very good looking guy when styled that way. He's supposed to be troubled right now, so his look reflects that. Put him in more stylish clothes and get his hair out of his eyes so you can see his face and he a LOT better looking than Kyle.

Fen is no slouch in the money department, his mom owns a department store chain. WTH would be more fun to a young woman than a guy who can take her to a high dollar, high fashion department store and spoil her rotten with anything she wants?

I fail to see where Kyle is better for Summer than Fen. But, I still don't want them together because Summer has already shown that she will use and abuse his loyalty and affection for her. He deserves better.

#45   2013/08/10 10:37AM
    alanadz

Quote Blue 501: Fen seems badly warped. Kyle just does not cut it for me. The previous Kyle, Blake Hood, seemed much more charming to me. I cannot understand why they replaced him.

I don't mean to be rude. But why do people keep repeating this about BH? The same thing was done for HT as Victoria and Vail Bloom as Heather. What is the point in repeating this over and over again? I don't understand why other actors were replaced but they were. It's time to move on!

#46   2013/08/10 10:39AM
    alanadz

Quote lmfan:
    Quote alanadz:
    Quote Alayne:
    Quote alanadz:
    Quote Alayne:
    Quote alanadz:

The Baldwins are hardly middle class. Lauren comes from old money. She was like a young Summer who was a daddy's girl who was spoiled when young. She is very rich. She has ran and owned a line of department stores since she was just a little older than Summer. Michael is a self made man like Victor who put himself through Harvard to become the top attorney in town.

Fen is troubled right now just like his parents were when young but men in his family are very loyal and loving to the women they choose. They are also smart. A loyal smart and loving man when Fen gets a bit older. That is not a bad catch in my eyes.

But maybe he will want someone better than Summer. She has shown that she will use him for her own needs already so maybe Fen deserves someone who really wants him for him. Who would have ever thought Michael Baldwin would ever be a catch but he has proven to be a wonderful husband and father. I can see Fen the same way in the future.

Better than Summer NEWMAN? LOL!!!!!!!!! That little dork will be lucky to move beyond that druggie grunge girl.

Modified 3 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/10 10:40AM
    #47   2013/08/12 07:55PM
    alanadz

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Please NO!

#48   2013/08/14 05:04PM
    alanadz

NO!! Please never stick Summer with this loser.

#49   2013/08/15 09:49AM
    alanadz

I won't watch it! If they stick beautiful Summer with that creepy munchkin, I am done.

#50   2013/08/15 01:08PM
    alanadz

[quote]Quote mswadel: Fen? lol! Why would a pretty girl like Summer want Fen? He is a pathetic little dork and a druggie. I love Kyle and Summer. I hope I never have to endure another scene of Summer with Jack. UGH[/quote]

I agree with your post - No to Fen and HELL NO to Jack[/quote]

This! I think JFP feels the same way!

« 1 2 3 4 5 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list