List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: What is the point of worthless Noah Newman?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What is the point of worthless Noah Newman?

Started by rachelzoe at 2013/08/04 11:39AM
    Latest post: 2013/08/11 06:42PM, Views: 4257, Replies: 91
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » »| page:
    #21   2013/08/04 07:59PM
    Re: What is the point of worthless Noah Newman?
    Axl Rose

Yes I see no point in Noah being on the show now considering he doesn't even have a storyline and not to mention he is not even in a pairing at all, so why keep him around, just because he's a Newman related to a core family, big deal

I say if you are going to keep Noah around, at least give him something to do or someone to pass the time with

Hell give him a career focus at least or something, hell have Noah go into the family business of Newman Enterprises and intern at the family company with Noah starting from the bottom and working his way up so that way Noah can eventually dethrone Adam at Newman Enterprises

#22   2013/08/04 08:26PM
    haskelli

If Noah decided to move back to New York tomorrow, would anyone care? NOPE! They could write him off, and the audience wouldn't notice. It's like Eden, she went missing, and nobody gives a damn. Same with Noah. He's a nothing character played by a a nothing actor.

Since JFP is chopping useless people left and right, Noah can go. There is no point to him, and sending him off will make no difference at all.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/04 08:26PM
    #23   2013/08/05 03:34AM
    TheCat

Quote rachelzoe:
    Quote alanadz: I have wondered the same thing. He is a throw a way character. Even little Faith has more story than he does.

Faith and dead Cassie have more story than Noah Newman.

You're right, Noah is a throwaway character. He does nothing and adds nothing.

He does get no story. Nothing. NADA.. and it is pretty pathetic when a 5 year old gets more story. Noah adds nothing to the show. AT ALL!!!.. And it is too bad cuz I really like the little I have seen of the actor. He does look too old tho. Sharon is supposed to be 40 and he looks 30

#24   2013/08/05 03:44AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote Axl Rose: Yes I see no point in Noah being on the show now considering he doesn't even have a storyline and not to mention he is not even in a pairing at all, so why keep him around, just because he's a Newman related to a core family, big deal

I say if you are going to keep Noah around, at least give him something to do or someone to pass the time with

Hell give him a career focus at least or something, hell have Noah go into the family business of Newman Enterprises and intern at the family company with Noah starting from the bottom and working his way up so that way Noah can eventually dethrone Adam at Newman Enterprises

I'm confused and have a question. Every day on this board I see suggestions from you for the powers that be to bring back old characters or inventing new relatives for existing characters. Now you want to get rid of one? I don't understand. I'm not trying to be rude. Just curious. Seems like a contradiction to me.

I like Noah and feels he serves a purpose. Not currently, but the character certainly has potential, down the road. Right now his main purpose seems to be to prop Sharon up and maybe the one to discover his mother's secret. These writers are just not doing the character justice at the present time.

#25   2013/08/05 03:47AM
    TheCat

Quote shainee:
    I disagree about him looking too old to be Nick's son. You forget that Nick has been on this show quite a while himself, so Nick is not as young as you might believe. Although I personally like the actor currently playing Noah, he really is kind of a forgotten character and pretty much has been since Cassie was still alive on the show. If they want to cut the payroll it probable wouldn't hurt to cut this character in terms of importance to the story unless things change.

The actor that plays Nick is 38 and the actor that plays Noah is 28. Another case of when SORAS-ing goes wrong

And it really shows. JM is a young looking 38 and RA looks his age that is a big problem.

#26   2013/08/05 03:50AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote TheCat:
    Quote shainee:
    I disagree about him looking too old to be Nick's son. You forget that Nick has been on this show quite a while himself, so Nick is not as young as you might believe. Although I personally like the actor currently playing Noah, he really is kind of a forgotten character and pretty much has been since Cassie was still alive on the show. If they want to cut the payroll it probable wouldn't hurt to cut this character in terms of importance to the story unless things change.

The actor that plays Nick is 38 and the actor that plays Noah is 28. Another case of when SORAS-ing goes wrong

And it really shows. JM is a young looking 38 and RA looks his age that is a big problem.

I like RA. But never forget RA is a FOJ's!

#27   2013/08/05 03:56AM
    TheCat

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote TheCat:
    Quote shainee:

I like him too, but he adds nothing to the show. He gets no story. This is not a hate of the actor, for me at all. I don't hate the character either, but he is boring as hell. I think Noah should have a prominent part on the show instead of mixing drinks and getting laid. So far they have done nothing to make me interested in the character. RA is adorable I would love to love his character ,but at this point I am completely indifferent to the character. The absolute worst thing the writers can do to a character.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/05 03:57AM
    #28   2013/08/05 03:59AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote TheCat:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote TheCat:
    Quote shainee:

I like him too but he adds nothing to the show. He gets no story. This is not a hate of the actor for me at all. I don't hate the character either but he is boring as hell. I think Noah should have a prominent part on the show instead of mixing drinks and getting laid. So far they have done nothing to make me interested in the character. RA is adorable I would love to love his character but at this point I am completely indifferent to the character. The absolute worst thing the writers can do to a character.

I agree! The character has great potential and these writers are not capable and creative enough to utilize Noah! They have given us a character that too many people are ambivalent about and that is not good!

#29   2013/08/05 04:08AM
    TheCat

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote TheCat:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote TheCat:
    Quote shainee:

I like him too but he adds nothing to the show. He gets no story. This is not a hate of the actor for me at all. I don't hate the character either but he is boring as hell. I think Noah should have a prominent part on the show instead of mixing drinks and getting laid. So far they have done nothing to make me interested in the character. RA is adorable I would love to love his character but at this point I am completely indifferent to the character. The absolute worst thing the writers can do to a character.

I agree! The character has great potential and these writers are not capable and creative enough to utilize Noah! They have given us a character that too many people are ambivalent about and that is not good!

I think he is the most disappointing character of all. I really was hoping for some story. And I wanted to find out what happened with Eden and Noah. That just pisses me off that we never found out. They are totally wasting this character and actor. Why have him if you are not going to use him. So far he has done nothing. Babysat his crazy mom and that is it.

#30   2013/08/05 04:11AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote TheCat:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote TheCat:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote TheCat:
    Quote shainee:

I think he is the most disappointing character of all. I really was hoping for some story. And I wanted to find out what happened with Eden and Noah. That just pisses me off that we never found out. They are totally wasting this character and actor. Why have him if you are not going to use him. So far he has done nothing. Babysat his crazy mom and that is it.

Looks like there's a LOT of babysitting in his future!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list