List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Best Exit By An Actor and Phyllis Recast

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Best Exit By An Actor and Phyllis Recast

Started by Chris1 at 2013/08/03 08:39AM
    Latest post: 2013/08/04 06:42AM, Views: 9674, Replies: 6
    page:
    #1   2013/08/03 08:39AM
    Best Exit By An Actor and Phyllis Recast
    Chris1

I have only been watching Y & R since 2005 but I think the best exits I have seen was Drucilla, Colleen and Jana. I thought the exit written for Phyllis was very weak, a 18 year veteran performer, even Brad and Sky had more exciting exits. I think the role of Phyllis needs to be recast because I believe future storylines for the current actors will be greatly diminished. I would like to read your opinions on both subjects. Thank you

#2   2013/08/03 08:48AM
    Re: Best Exit By An Actor and Phyllis Recast
    Phyllisrocks...

Quote Chris1: I have only been watching Y & R since 2005 but I think the best exits I have seen was Drucilla, Colleen and Jana. I thought the exit written for Phyllis was very weak, a 18 year veteran performer, even Brad and Sky had more exciting exits. I think the role of Phyllis needs to be recast because I believe future storylines for the current actors will be greatly diminished. I would like to read your opinions on both subjects. Thank you

I think they did great on Phyllis leaving. Daniel coming to town & sending her to be experimented on & her being a veggie I think they did a great job on her exit.

#3   2013/08/03 08:53AM
    Lizzytish

I think what happened to Phyllis is pretty dramatic and very much akin to the demise of Brad, Dru, and Skye - who all died of similar accidents. I don't know what more could have been done - unless they had Phyllis being the culprit of the paternity switch, to get even with Nick for dumping her and getting involved with her sister.

I don't know that a recast could be successful when one person has played the role for such a long time, and Phyllis was such a dynamic character. Plus, I this this is a great opportunity to refresh this show, by casting a new leading lady -- one they will stick with, not like Emily and Genevieve who they dumped just as we were getting into them.

One of the biggest problem with soaps is that they've had the same characters on doing the same things over and over -- and that's what creates the boredom and discontent frequently reflected on this board.

#4   2013/08/03 08:56PM
    pink kiity

I think they did a great job to but i would liked them seem wheeling hers out with jack holding hers hand and walking down the hall together with hers with the music playing as they were walking down the hall with hers, that how i had picture it.

#5   2013/08/03 09:05PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote Chris1: I have only been watching Y & R since 2005 but I think the best exits I have seen was Drucilla, Colleen and Jana. I thought the exit written for Phyllis was very weak, a 18 year veteran performer, even Brad and Sky had more exciting exits. I think the role of Phyllis needs to be recast because I believe future storylines for the current actors will be greatly diminished. I would like to read your opinions on both subjects. Thank you

She got a lot of flashbacks and a whole lot of time given to her exit, unlike the above. They all just left, but MS got a true send off, noting her time she has put on the show. A tribute really.

Skye fell into a volcano, Brad (who I loved) was turned into a Popsicle etc.. And that was that.

#6   2013/08/04 01:11AM
    lvsdasnow

We were promised a great ending by MS and the writers. I have not seen that yet.
    I feel Phyllis has not shown her last days of Y&R yet.
    If in fact she has, then I am very, very dissatisfied with her ending.
    When Sharon walked in and started talking to Phyllis, I was sitting on the edge of my seat telling Phyllis to open your eyes and get her. lol. I just knew that would happen. But it didn't and I am so upset it didn't. Phyllis was supposed to end the middle of August so, I am still hoping.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/04 01:12AM
    #7   2013/08/04 06:42AM
    Blue 501

Quote lvsdasnow: We were promised a great ending by MS and the writers. I have not seen that yet.
    I feel Phyllis has not shown her last days of Y&R yet.
    If in fact she has, then I am very, very dissatisfied with her ending.
    When Sharon walked in and started talking to Phyllis, I was sitting on the edge of my seat telling Phyllis to open your eyes and get her. lol. I just knew that would happen. But it didn't and I am so upset it didn't. Phyllis was supposed to end the middle of August so, I am still hoping.

Hey snow. It is good to see you back.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list