List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Phyllis' Departure "handled" nicely?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Phyllis' Departure "handled" nicely?

Started by FL senior fan at 2013/08/03 03:24AM
    Latest post: 2013/08/03 03:48PM, Views: 1835, Replies: 22
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2013/08/03 03:24AM
    Phyllis' Departure "handled" nicely?
    FL senior fan

Does anyone else agree; having everyone close to Phyllis by her bedside saying goodbye's has been touching. I HATE her leaving the show (look how many lives this character touches!) however, seeing everyone's goodbyes before being shipped to GA facility has been good writing for MS farewell.
    My heart is breaking for Jack!!

#2   2013/08/03 03:32AM
    Re: Phyllis' Departure
    Homesick Cajun

It had it's moments. Hunter King was the one that really brought me to tears with her final sentence "Mom, I will love you till infinity" . She is an amazing actress and impresses me more each time I see her.

As for the entire s/l. No. Michelle Stafford deserved so much better. After 16 years of playing such a dynamic character and to be taken off in a coma, no. These writers seemed to be making this up as they went along with no real thought or time put into her exit s/l. Even if they were a little rushed for time, this is their chosen profession, they certainly IMO, should have been able to be more creative for a character that brought out the kind of emotion, love or hate, that Phyllis did! That last part was of course a credit to Michelle Stafford, making the absolute most of each and every scene.

The flashbacks have been amazing!! Made me long for the writers we had then! Just reinforced in me the feeling we are being shortchanged now with the current regime.

Was great to see Daniel/Michael G again also!!

But as a whole, I'd have to give it a C. Could have been so much better, but parts were very good....

#3   2013/08/03 03:37AM
    Phyllisrocks...

Quote FL senior fan: Does anyone else agree; having everyone close to Phyllis by her bedside saying goodbye's has been touching. I HATE her leaving the show (look how many lives this character touches!) however, seeing everyone's goodbyes before being shipped to GA facility has been good writing for MS farewell.

I think the writers did a great job. Seeing Daniel again & he is having Phyllis shipped to get experimented on & Summer agreed on it. Phyllis deserves what her children did to her it was so cool. I loved it. Goodbye Phyllis hope the experiment is a success.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/03 03:38AM
    #4   2013/08/03 03:41AM
    FL senior fan

And...it leaves the door open her a Phyllis return.
    Also posted in another thread that I loved the strength
    and maturity Daniel showed in this storyline. Looked good with hair pulled back too.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/03 03:42AM
    #5   2013/08/03 03:49AM
    Phyllisrocks...

Not everyone cared for Phyllis all that much in that town. Nikki & Victor so far has not been there. They was not even there for Summer. Nikki made a visit to see Billy & Victoria so we know she was able to be there for Summer. And lets see Jill & Neil hasn't been there & the list goes on. Phyllis was not liked by many. But I agree Daniel did great by his mother remembering the good times & the bad times was just cool. And having her experimented on is just awesome. Could not got any better.

#6   2013/08/03 03:59AM
    Sunnyflower

Quote Homesick Cajun: It had it's moments. Hunter King was the one that really brought me to tears with her final sentence "Mom, I will love you till infinity" . She is an amazing actress and impresses me more each time I see her.

As for the entire s/l. No. Michelle Stafford deserved so much better. After 16 years of playing such a dynamic character and to be taken off in a coma, no. These writers seemed to be making this up as they went along with no real thought or time put into her exit s/l. Even if they were a little rushed for time, this is their chosen profession, they certainly IMO, should have been able to be more creative for a character that brought out the kind of emotion, love or hate, that Phyllis did! That last part was of course a credit to Michelle Stafford, making the absolute most of each and every scene.

The flashbacks have been amazing!! Made me long for the writers we had then! Just reinforced in me the feeling we are being shortchanged now with the current regime.

But as a whole, I'd have to give it a C. Could have been so much better, but parts were very good....

ICAM!!! Great post!

I would have liked more flashbacks.

But overall that MG came back just for her and killed it was pretty special. Even these writers couldn't ruin that.

#7   2013/08/03 04:03AM
    Sunnyflower

Quote FL senior fan: And...it leaves the door open her a Phyllis return.
    Also posted in another thread that I loved the strength
    and maturity Daniel showed in this storyline. Looked good with hair pulled back too.

So did I.

#8   2013/08/03 05:45AM
    calliope

Quote Homesick Cajun: It had it's moments. Hunter King was the one that really brought me to tears with her final sentence "Mom, I will love you till infinity" . She is an amazing actress and impresses me more each time I see her.

I agree with you. Touching but disappointing too. Someone who touched and infuriated so many characters on this show deserved a better story at the end. I don't know what it would have been but this just didn't feel right. Michelle as Phyllis had such life and fire on screen and should have had more to say on her last day!! But maybe that was the point of the whole coma thing. I will miss Michelle and wish her success. I hope her replacement can spark the same emotions she has over the years.

#9   2013/08/03 05:47AM
    dafyduc

Quote FL senior fan: Does anyone else agree; having everyone close to Phyllis by her bedside saying goodbye's has been touching. I HATE her leaving the show (look how many lives this character touches!) however, seeing everyone's goodbyes before being shipped to GA facility has been good writing for MS farewell.

Seeing Daniel was great and the flashbacks were really great to see, but the overall storyline was beyond stupid. I love the door being left open for her return, but at the very least they could have had her kidnapped by daisy or something . Even a car accident could have explained the coma better than this

#10   2013/08/03 07:33AM
    Sportyster

I agree that it had it's moments but very few and not anywhere near as emotional as I would have liked. They made both Avery and Jack even more annoying to me than usual and it was a disgrace to have Phyllis's last days laying there. At the very least they could have had us hear her thoughts when people were visiting her. They did not do justice to the character and certainly didn't respect her fan base. It was like they were accommodating the haters by having her silent and sleeping on her last days. I'm quite pissed this is what they gave us.

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list