List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: JFP is killing off a "beloved character" this year

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

JFP is killing off a "beloved character" this year

Started by gunnard at 2013/07/30 04:05PM
    Latest post: 2013/08/20 09:01PM, Views: 29755, Replies: 287
    « 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 » »| page:
    #261   2013/08/18 04:51AM
    Re: JFP is killing off a
    cricke

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote Axl Rose: If JFP kills Nikki off then you might as well have the ratings plummet to an all-time low

All of the vets are worried now, I'm sure. JFP has got her hatchet looking for someone!

Or a few someone's.

#262   2013/08/18 04:54AM
    cricke

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote cricke:
    Quote betty_blue:
    Quote gunnard: Soap blogger & insider Tommy Garret says Jill Farren Phelps is killing off a "beloved character" later this year.

Who is it?

Sharon? Nikki? It's definitely a woman.

And it's NOT Phyllis or Katherine.

Interesting.... Tommy Garrett was 100% on the money about Josh Griffith leaving. Maybe JFP's plan to kill off this beloved character was the final straw that broke the camel's back?

Phelps seems to hate women not men so I bet it is a female who is going to be gone soon.

JFP's hatred for women knows no bounds. Tommy Garrett said that the "beloved character" that would be killed off was definitely a woman and no it was not Jeanne Cooper or Michelle Stafford. This character was a completely different female. So I am expecting the unexpected. Any of the women vets are possible candidates. Actually, any veteran of this show is probably going to go, one way or another. Either be killed off, or we just won't see them.

The word beloved leaves me unsure who it is. It does make me think vet tho. Maybe it is Tracy. She really does not fit Phelps type of body types.

#263   2013/08/18 05:03AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote cricke:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote cricke:
    Quote betty_blue:
    Quote gunnard: Soap blogger & insider Tommy Garret says Jill Farren Phelps is killing off a "beloved character" later this year.

Who is it?

Interesting.... Tommy Garrett was 100% on the money about Josh Griffith leaving. Maybe JFP's plan to kill off this beloved character was the final straw that broke the camel's back?

Phelps seems to hate women not men so I bet it is a female who is going to be gone soon.

JFP's hatred for women knows no bounds. Tommy Garrett said that the "beloved character" that would be killed off was definitely a woman and no it was not Jeanne Cooper or Michelle Stafford. This character was a completely different female. So I am expecting the unexpected. Any of the women vets are possible candidates. Actually, any veteran of this show is probably going to go, one way or another. Either be killed off, or we just won't see them.

The word beloved leaves me unsure who it is. It does make me think vet tho. Maybe it is Tracy. She really does not fit Phelps type of body types.

The "beloved" part is really subjective. Other than maybe Tracy I truly can't think of anyone that is beloved by everyone. They all have their detractors. But, Tracy is on so little, I like Tracy, I just don't see killing her off as having the major impact that I'm expecting. From the way I'm interpreting the article sounds like a really major player, and Tracy hasn't fit that description for some time now.

#264   2013/08/18 07:37AM
    alanadz

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote glh1950: Esther and Tracy are rarely on as it is so I never envisioned them on the chopping block. Seems the JFP mo is to get regulars off or only occasional face time so her faves and newbies take over the stories and families.

Yep, it all comes back to the bejamins! She wants to be rid of the veterans so she can buy 10 or 15 unemployed and unaccomplished actors/actresses to shove down our throats. They come much cheaper than paying accomplished vets. That's why 99 per cent of the vets are in supporting roles now. Think how many newbies she could hire with the salary of SC, MTS, AH, or TB.

It's true the younger actors do come cheaper. But there is much more to it than that. Most of the vets are in their 40 and 50's (Victor and Jack are in their 60's and 70's). Many have been on the show for 10+ years. The first problem is an older cast doesn't draw the young audience the sponsors demand. The second problem is the older a character gets the harder it is to come up with interesting stories for them. The third problem is the longer a character has been on the show, the harder it is to come up with something NEW for them.

#265   2013/08/18 08:05AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote alanadz:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote glh1950: Esther and Tracy are rarely on as it is so I never envisioned them on the chopping block. Seems the JFP mo is to get regulars off or only occasional face time so her faves and newbies take over the stories and families.

Yep, it all comes back to the bejamins! She wants to be rid of the veterans so she can buy 10 or 15 unemployed and unaccomplished actors/actresses to shove down our throats. They come much cheaper than paying accomplished vets. That's why 99 per cent of the vets are in supporting roles now. Think how many newbies she could hire with the salary of SC, MTS, AH, or TB.

It's true the younger actors do come cheaper. But there is much more to it than that. Most of the vets are in their 40 and 50's (Victor and Jack are in their 60's and 70's). Many have been on the show for 10+ years. The first problem is an older cast doesn't draw the young audience the sponsors demand. The second problem is the older a character gets the harder it is to come up with interesting stories for them. The third problem is the longer a character has been on the show, the harder it is to come up with something NEW for them.

I disagree. A little creativity and imagination and any writer worth his/her salt should be able to come up with entertaining s/l's for each and every character.

#266   2013/08/18 08:12AM
    cricke

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote cricke:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote cricke:
    Quote betty_blue:

Who is it?

The "beloved" part is really subjective. Other than maybe Tracy I truly can't think of anyone that is beloved by everyone. They all have their detractors. But, Tracy is on so little, I like Tracy, I just don't see killing her off as having the major impact that I'm expecting. From the way I'm interpreting the article sounds like a really major player, and Tracy hasn't fit that description for some time now.

I can't see it being a big loss either.. the beloved has me confused because like you I don't see any of the characters as being beloved right now.

#267   2013/08/19 09:47PM
    jmunoz4u

Might be Ashley Abbott since the character/actress is supposedly not returning to the show after being let go. This could be the writers' opportunity to get rid if our hope to ever have Ashley return.

#268   2013/08/19 09:53PM
    jmunoz4u

I'm also thinking Gloria. She's on back burner right now. Audience likes her and has wondered about her. But the writers dont care about what we like. Glorias death would be an opportunity for the writer to get rid of her permanently. Would give the Baldwins, Fenmores and Abbotts some interaction around Gloria's demise. It would also mean they would give the boot to Jeffery. I honestly think the writers don't like Gloria & Jeff. Pity. I like both.

#269   2013/08/20 09:08AM
    debrajean

think Beloved I think its Esther no one dislikes her...and now with Katherine gone...you 'll never see her... Not everyone loves nikki and sharon...never heard anyone badmouth esther.

#270   2013/08/20 09:27AM
    calliope

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote cricke:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote cricke:
    Quote betty_blue:

Who is it?

Oh Lord! Certainly they won't take another family member from Jack will they?

« 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list