List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: JFP is killing off a "beloved character" this year

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

JFP is killing off a "beloved character" this year

Started by gunnard at 2013/07/30 04:05PM
    Latest post: 2013/08/20 09:01PM, Views: 29721, Replies: 287
    « 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 » »| page:
    #241   2013/08/15 06:26PM
    Re: JFP is killing off a
    Homesick Cajun

Quote betty_blue:
    Quote gunnard: Soap blogger & insider Tommy Garret says Jill Farren Phelps is killing off a "beloved character" later this year.

Who is it?

Sharon? Nikki? It's definitely a woman.

And it's NOT Phyllis or Katherine.

Interesting.... Tommy Garrett was 100% on the money about Josh Griffith leaving. Maybe JFP's plan to kill off this beloved character was the final straw that broke the camel's back?

Could very well be exactly what happened. That could be the differences referred to in the article Tommy Garrett released today. Tommy was also very specific that it would be a female as well.

#242   2013/08/15 06:42PM
    alanadz

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote betty_blue:
    Quote gunnard: Soap blogger & insider Tommy Garret says Jill Farren Phelps is killing off a "beloved character" later this year.

Who is it?

Interesting.... Tommy Garrett was 100% on the money about Josh Griffith leaving. Maybe JFP's plan to kill off this beloved character was the final straw that broke the camel's back?

Could very well be exactly what happened. That could be the differences referred to in the article Tommy Garrett released today. Tommy was also very specific that it would be a female as well.

I wonder if it's Sharon. Could that be what NB's save Sharon is about?

#243   2013/08/15 06:47PM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote alanadz:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote betty_blue:

Who is it?

From the way Tommy Garrett's article today read, I imagine we will be hearing from JG sooner rather than later, so maybe he will spill some news. If not him maybe NB will hear more. I'm not on Twitter but I heard it's quite active this afternoon. I keep checking back this evening to see if someone on Twitter is posting what is going on.....

#244   2013/08/15 07:49PM
    jacksmyguy

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote alanadz:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote betty_blue:

Who is it?

From the way Tommy Garrett's article today read, I imagine we will be hearing from JG sooner rather than later, so maybe he will spill some news. If not him maybe NB will hear more. I'm not on Twitter but I heard it's quite active this afternoon. I keep checking back this evening to see if someone on Twitter is posting what is going on.....

If Sharon Case is the next vet to be axed by JFP, can you just imagine how many long-time viewers Y&R will stand to lose? It wouldn't come as a surprise to me though if it happens with the way they are writing her character right now. Is it possible that Sharon Case actually would like to have time off to do something else so they would just be writing her off of the canvas for a while and would bring her back later?

#245   2013/08/16 04:22AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote jacksmyguy:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote alanadz:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote betty_blue:

Who is it?

If Sharon Case is the next vet to be axed by JFP, can you just imagine how many long-time viewers Y&R will stand to lose? It wouldn't come as a surprise to me though if it happens with the way they are writing her character right now. Is it possible that Sharon Case actually would like to have time off to do something else so they would just be writing her off of the canvas for a while and would bring her back later?

Hi Jacks! I have no idea about any of your questions. I do know that Josh Griffith had made public that he planned to "fix" the character of Sharon Newman. Could very well be that JFP doesn't want the character "fixed". So, who knows what will happen now that he is gone. But the way Sharon Newman is being written it doesn't look too good. That could have been the differences referred to in Tommy Garrett's blog yesterday. If I were Sharon Case I would have my resume up to date though. I would certainly hate to lose yet another vet. But nothing would surprise me at this point.

#246   2013/08/16 06:21AM
    GrammaIge

It basically all goes back to SONY who hired JFP. They're the ones not caring about what the long time fans really want. I'm guessing that you're right about JFP not wanting to "fix" Sharon.

#247   2013/08/16 06:34AM
    Axl Rose

But if JFP wants Sharon gone, then she runs the risk of Y & R's fanbase decreasing because like it or not Sharon is a very big part of Y & R's history and not to mention she is one of the show's centerpieces that the show is built around so if Sharon were to be killed off then it would make for an emotional storyline but even so Y & R's ratings would definitely plummet for sure even though I will admit I don't like Sharon's character but I damn sure respect her as an actress and what she brings to the table

#248   2013/08/16 06:55AM
    Karl127

Quote jacksmyguy:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote alanadz:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote betty_blue:

Who is it?

Sorry but this long time viewer would be thrilled if the character Sharon is killed off, haven't like her since her first day in GC. If they kill her off I wouldn't have to FF through her scenes.

#249   2013/08/16 07:04AM
    Axl Rose

Quote Axl Rose: But if JFP wants Sharon gone, then she runs the risk of Y & R's fanbase decreasing because like it or not Sharon is a very big part of Y & R's history and not to mention she is one of the show's centerpieces that the show is built around so if Sharon were to be killed off then it would make for an emotional storyline but even so Y & R's ratings would definitely plummet for sure even though I will admit I don't like Sharon's character but I damn sure respect her as an actress and what she brings to the table

I have always loved SC as an actress and hell I will admit that I was a Sharon fan for the better part of 10 years, I at least have the balls to admit it, but no I don't like her character anymore or anything that she stands for but I will admit that I am a huge Sharon Case fan and if she were to leave Y & R tomorrow I would say it would be Y & R's loss because if she were to go to any other soap, then you know as well as I do, that whichever soap she would go to, their ratings would go up no doubt

#250   2013/08/16 07:29AM
    alanadz

I don't want to see anyone lose their job. But I have to honest just like all those Phaters were saying they won't miss Phyllis, I won't miss Sharon.

« 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list