List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: JFP is killing off a "beloved character" this year

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

JFP is killing off a "beloved character" this year

Started by gunnard at 2013/07/30 04:05PM
    Latest post: 2013/08/20 09:01PM, Views: 29077, Replies: 287
    « 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 » »| page:
    #201   2013/08/04 02:53AM
    Re: JFP is killing off a
    TheCat

MTS has hardly been shown. They have effectively eliminated the Nikki character without having to fire MTS. I think SC really should be worried. I think they have written Sharon as so nutty that they are going to throw her in the nuthouse. And then they will recast her with someone younger and prettier like they will do with the Phyllis character. Young is all the current team care about. The older ladies have no place on this show.

#202   2013/08/04 03:07AM
    mikkakay

Quote TheCat: MTS has hardly been shown. They have effectively eliminated the Nikki character without having to fire MTS. I think SC really should be worried. I think they have written Sharon as so nutty that they are going to throw her in the nuthouse. And then they will recast her with someone younger and prettier like they will do with the Phyllis character. Young is all the current team care about. The older ladies have no place on this show.

This is true about MTS. Nikki has no stories. JFP cut down her screen time to 3 or 4 episodes per month. It will be very easy to eliminate her since they already diminished Nikki's presence on the show. She can die off screen and nobody will care.

I don't believe they will recast Sharon. It's too late. Sharon Case played Sharon for 20 years. Her character is too entrenched in the audience memory for a new actress to come in. Sharon is a complete write-off. She is beyond hope of saving. JFP will either kill her off or demote Sharon to recurring and stick her in the looney bin.

Victoria will be the one recast. The audience remembers Heather Tom who originated Victoria and played her for 12 years. Fans never accepted Amelia Heinle who was only there for 6 years. Someone younger & prettier like Kelly Sullivan can ignite the character with new vitality.

#203   2013/08/04 03:12AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote TheCat: MTS has hardly been shown. They have effectively eliminated the Nikki character without having to fire MTS. I think SC really should be worried. I think they have written Sharon as so nutty that they are going to throw her in the nuthouse. And then they will recast her with someone younger and prettier like they will do with the Phyllis character. Young is all the current team care about. The older ladies have no place on this show.

The hole these writers have dug for Sharon is pretty deep. It could very well be her. I am still kind of leaning toward MTS. The main point is all these actresses will be gone before we know it if JFP's contract is renewed in a few weeks. So, if not this year, then next year for sure. JFP will systematically remove any woman past a certain age that is viewed as attractive, intelligent, strong, etc. And even the women who are FOJ's will be made to look needy and pathetic.

JFP's brand of entertainment, I find offensive and an insult to my intelligence. It should be an insult to women viewers everywhere.

Now this "rape" s/l! If that doesn't wake up some women to what JFP is about, then I don't know what will! But, I digress, bottom line we desperately need a more capable, confident person steering this ship. Not one so shallow they will, on a whim, change the course of history.

#204   2013/08/04 03:26AM
    TheCat

Quote mikkakay:

This is true about MTS. Nikki has no stories. JFP cut down her screen time to 3 or 4 episodes per month. It will be very easy to eliminate her since they already diminished Nikki's presence on the show. She can die off screen and nobody will care.

I don't believe they will recast Sharon. It's too late. Sharon Case played Sharon for 20 years. Her character is too entrenched in the audience memory for a new actress to come in. Sharon is a complete write-off. She is beyond hope of saving. JFP will either kill her off or demote Sharon to recurring and stick her in the looney bin.

Victoria will be the one recast. The audience remembers Heather Tom who originated Victoria and played her for 12 years. Fans never accepted Amelia Heinle who was only there for 6 years. Someone younger & prettier like Kelly Sullivan can ignite the character with new vitality.

I think with the way they have written Nikki they don't need to kill her off. They just bring her out once a month.

I don't think they will kill the Sharon character any time soon. She is better off in the loony bin where she can escape from time to time to cause trouble. But I could totally see them getting a younger actress to play the part. Loony bin for sure.

I don't know who this Kelli Sullivan is so I don't have a comment on her replacing AH. I think anyone could. She is just not a good Vikki and never has been. IMO.

They never show Jill or Gloria,, Esther. Phelps does not like the older women on her show at all. She wants young hot beefcake with a few pretty girls hanging on their arms. I wish she had just made her own show and left ours alone.

#205   2013/08/04 03:28AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote TheCat:
    Quote mikkakay:

I think with the way they have written Nikki they don't need to kill her off. They just bring her out once a month.

I don't think they will kill the Sharon character any time soon. She is better off in the loony bin where she can escape from time to time to cause trouble. But I could totally see them getting a younger actress to play the part. Loony bin for sure.

I don't know who this Kelli Sullivan is so I don't have a comment on her replacing AH. I think anyone could. She is just not a good Vikki and never has been. IMO.

They never show Jill or Gloria,, Esther. Phelps does not like the older women on her show at all. She wants young hot beefcake with a few pretty girls hanging on their arms. I wish she had just made her own show and left ours alone.

#206   2013/08/04 03:28AM
    TheCat

Quote Homesick Cajun:

The hole these writers have dug for Sharon is pretty deep. It could very well be her. I am still kind of leaning toward MTS. The main point is all these actresses will be gone before we know it if JFP's contract is renewed in a few weeks. So, if not this year, then next year for sure. JFP will systematically remove any woman past a certain age that is viewed as attractive, intelligent, strong, etc. And even the women who are FOJ's will be made to look needy and pathetic.

JFP's brand of entertainment, I find offensive and an insult to my intelligence. It should be an insult to women viewers everywhere.

Now this "rape" s/l! If that doesn't wake up some women to what JFP is about, then I don't know what will! But, I digress, bottom line we desperately need a more capable, confident person steering this ship. Not one so shallow they will, on a whim, change the course of history.

Back to agreeing with you again. This post is perfect. It says everything I feel.

I hate how Phelps so obviously hates women. Her story telling tells the story.. She hates women with a passion and sees them as weak pathetic needy creatures. Sickening how she writes for a mostly female fan base and this is how she chooses to write women. I hate it. I hate these writers more than anyone else we have had to endure. She is killing the heart and soul of Y&R.,

#207   2013/08/04 03:31AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote TheCat:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:

Back to agreeing with you again. This post is perfect. It says everything I feel.

I hate how Phelps so obviously hates women. Her story telling tells the story.. She hates women with a passion and sees them as weak pathetic needy creatures. Sickening how she writes for a mostly female fan base and this is how she chooses to write women. I hate it. I hate these writers more than anyone else we have had to endure. She is killing the heart and soul of Y&R.,

Exactly! Glad we agree on this!! We can disagree on other stuff, but THIS is the main problem!!!

#208   2013/08/04 03:33AM
    TheCat

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote TheCat:
    Quote mikkakay:

When I wrote that last statement it made me stop.. I really wish she had just left our show alone.. I really do.. why didn't they just get her to write her own show with all the beefcake she wanted. She needs to write a show about chippendale strippers or something.. so no women even need to be in the show. I hate hate hate how they write for women

#209   2013/08/04 03:34AM
    TheCat

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote TheCat:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:

Exactly! Glad we agree on this!! We can disagree on other stuff, but THIS is the main problem!!!

LOL I am glad that we agree too but I also love how we can disagree so nicely.

#210   2013/08/04 03:36AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote TheCat:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote TheCat:
    Quote mikkakay:

When I wrote that last statement it made me stop.. I really wish she had just left our show alone.. I really do.. why didn't they just get her to write her own show with all the beefcake she wanted. She needs to write a show about chippendale strippers or something.. so no women even need to be in the show. I hate hate hate how they write for women

She did. It was called Hollywood Heights. Of course cancelled. Now we have all the unemployed actors/actresses from Hollywood Heights gracing our screen calling GC home. Y&R is now on life support. If her contract is renewed, may as well pull the plug on this show too.

« 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list