List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Off Topic - CBS / Time Warner Cable Negotiations

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Off Topic - CBS / Time Warner Cable Negotiations

Started by HOT PINK at 2013/07/29 05:28PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/07 09:07AM, Views: 6232, Replies: 65
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #31   2013/08/03 11:36PM
    Re: Off Topic - CBS / Time Warner Cable Negotiations
    runslikeagirl

Quote AdrianeG: In the meantime the show should be able to be viewed online.
    I think the site is

www.cbs.com/shows/the_young_and_the_restless/

Unless TWC is your Internet provider!! I cut out cable a while back and have been able to successfully watch everything I need/want to online. Until now. Now I have to wait until some lovely, sweet person uploads the episodes onto YT to keep up. (I find most written recaps lack any subtext at all.)

#32   2013/08/04 12:29AM
    HOT PINK

Quote runslikeagirl:
    I think the site is

Unless TWC is your Internet provider!! I cut out cable a while back and have been able to successfully watch everything I need/want to online. Until now. Now I have to wait until some lovely, sweet person uploads the episodes onto YT to keep up. (I find most written recaps lack any subtext at all.)

May I ask a question: How does having TWC as your cable provider prevent you from going online and watching YR on cbs,com? Surely, Road Runner doesn't block the CBS website (does it?). Thanks!

#33   2013/08/04 01:06AM
    lvsdasnow

I had TWC for years. All of a sudden they announce they were removing SoapNet and then they removed SpeedTV. My two shows. When I called, they informed me it would cost me an additional 30 dollars to continue watching those shows on TWC. I almost passed out. Instead, I went to DirectTV. Blessed with many channels to watch along with my favorites, I am happy.

#34   2013/08/04 01:24AM
    runslikeagirl

Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote runslikeagirl:
    I think the site is

May I ask a question: How does having TWC as your cable provider prevent you from going online and watching YR on cbs,com? Surely, Road Runner doesn't block the CBS website (does it?). Thanks!

Yes, it does! There was an article about it on TV Line or some other site I can't remember and sure enough when I pulled up Friday's Y&R episode, all I was able to see was a 10-sec or so clip saying it couldn't show the video because of the black out. I suppose if I went to Starbucks or my library and used their Internet (probably AT&T in both cases), I would be able to stream the CBS shows.

#35   2013/08/04 08:52AM
    Heather221

Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote runslikeagirl:
    I think the site is

I have TWC and every online site I tried on Thursday to watch B&B said CBS blocked all TWC customers from viewing it and to call TWC to complain.
    I think CBS is being ridiculous but assume TWC is going to be backed into a corner and have no choice but to pay far more then CBS charges other cable carriers.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/04 08:53AM
    #36   2013/08/04 09:19AM
    zuzu61

I have DISH and NBC is blocked in our area. I watch DOOL at 8pm on Soapnet!! Bunch of crapola..
    No problem with CBS & ABC at present.

#37   2013/08/04 10:50AM
    HOT PINK

Quote lvsdasnow: I had TWC for years. All of a sudden they announce they were removing SoapNet and then they removed SpeedTV. My two shows. When I called, they informed me it would cost me an additional 30 dollars to continue watching those shows on TWC. I almost passed out. Instead, I went to DirectTV. Blessed with many channels to watch along with my favorites, I am happy.

I may be wrong, but I'm guessing the licensing agreement between TWC and Disney may have expired and that's why it was removed from your channel lineup. I lost the channel in June 2011 when the agreement with my cable provider expired. Once the licensing agreements with all cable/dish providers expire, Disney will be getting rid of SoapNet totally.

I'm glad you are happy with DirectTV. Just hope they won't be involved in any negotiations with CBS (or anyone else) any time soon. Hope you will have a nice Sunday afternoon.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/04 10:59AM
    #38   2013/08/04 02:28PM
    HOT PINK

Here's the latest on the CBS / TWC Negotiations:

No Talks Over Weekend To Resolve CBS-Time Warner Cable Carriage Dispute

"Negotiators not only didn’t blink, they didn’t even see each other. “There are no negotiations taking place at this time between CBS and Time Warner Cable,” CBS says — and none are scheduled yet. “This is hardly a sign that they care about their customers as they claim. We remain ready to negotiate in good faith when they are.” TWC says that talks are “ongoing,” but declined to be more specific. The impasse leaves TWC customers in New York, Los Angeles, Dallas and elsewhere where they were on Friday night when negotiations over the price TWC pays for CBS services collapsed: Subscribers aren’t receiving their local CBS-owned stations, and all TWC subscribers can’t see CBS-owned cable networks including Showtime. TWC began to offer Starz Kids & Family in the channel positions normally occupied by the CBS O&Os. Both companies continued their campaigns urging people to pressure the other side to relent. A CBS newspaper ad says “it’s unfair for you to pay Time Warner Cable for CBS and not get your CBS programs.” TWC chief Glenn Britt said in a blog post that he wants to “put CBS back on the air at a price that makes sense for us and our customers.”

#39   2013/08/04 05:02PM
    Deana4Villy

Just a question: Has the CBS phone app somehow been barred from TWC customers too?

#40   2013/08/04 06:07PM
    HOT PINK

Quote Deana4Villy: Just a question: Has the CBS phone app somehow been barred from TWC customers too?

As far as I know (and I may be wrong), TWC does not provide cell phone service. So, I would think the CBS app can't be blocked on your phone if you are a TWC customer.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list