List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: FIRE Jill Farren Phelps....HIRE Kay Alden!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

FIRE Jill Farren Phelps....HIRE Kay Alden!

Started by Chuckyducky at 2013/07/28 05:39PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/30 07:10PM, Views: 1855, Replies: 16
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2013/07/30 07:36AM
    Re: FIRE Jill Farren Phelps....HIRE Kay Alden!
    Homesick Cajun

There is an article on line with Jill Farren Phelps that was conducted by TV Guide and posted a little over a year ago. I read it then and again this morning. This is why I thought she and Josh Griffin were a package deal. They worked together on Hollywood Heights and (I think) Another World. Josh Griffin was a writer for Y&R during the writers strike several years ago. After that he was let go by Y&R. He only came back with JFP last year. In the article she talks about how glad she was to be able to have him because he knew the "history of the Y&R characters". Well, I'm sorry but he doesn't seem to know much if anything at all about the "history" of any of the characters IMO. It doesn't appear to me that any of the current regime has done their homework at all...So, IMO JFP and JG need to be replaced and ASAP...

#12   2013/07/30 07:49AM
    JRTA

Kay Alden is not a producer, she is a writer. So she wouldn't be a replacement for JFP. However, she would be a replacement for JG, who just as much needs to go.

That said, even if they were to bring back in the regime from 2006, I think the damage has been done and there is no repairing Y&R to past glory days.

#13   2013/07/30 08:09AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote JRTA: Kay Alden is not a producer, she is a writer. So she wouldn't be a replacement for JFP. However, she would be a replacement for JG, who just as much needs to go.

That said, even if they were to bring back in the regime from 2006, I think the damage has been done and there is no repairing Y&R to past glory days.

Unfortunately, if a new EP and head writer started tomorrow, it would take them months if not years to correct all the damage that has been done. I know MAB was not popular with a lot of viewers, but to me, she was so much better than JFP is turning out to be. Sigh.....

#14   2013/07/30 10:38AM
    jilltidwell

I tried warning everybody. I said that hiring JFP was the wrong thing to do. But, everybody told me to give her a chance even though I knew she was going to fail. If anybody watches GH you know what she has done to other shows.

#15   2013/07/30 11:00AM
    Sylviastel

Quote jilltidwell: I tried warning everybody. I said that hiring JFP was the wrong thing to do. But, everybody told me to give her a chance even though I knew she was going to fail. If anybody watches GH you know what she has done to other shows.

I knew her history from Gl & gh!
    JFP should be banned as Ep on all soaps!
    Bottom line is she got hired because of her friends not because she's the best candidate ! That would be Ed Scott as Ep & Kay Alden as head writer!

#16   2013/07/30 05:04PM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote Homesick Cajun: There is an article on line with Jill Farren Phelps that was conducted by TV Guide and posted a little over a year ago. I read it then and again this morning. This is why I thought she and Josh Griffin were a package deal. They worked together on Hollywood Heights and (I think) Another World. Josh Griffin was a writer for Y&R during the writers strike several years ago. After that he was let go by Y&R. He only came back with JFP last year. In the article she talks about how glad she was to be able to have him because he knew the "history of the Y&R characters". Well, I'm sorry but he doesn't seem to know much if anything at all about the "history" of any of the characters IMO. It doesn't appear to me that any of the current regime has done their homework at all...So, IMO JFP and JG need to be replaced and ASAP...

#17   2013/07/30 07:10PM
    jilltidwell

Quote Sylviastel:
    Quote jilltidwell: I tried warning everybody. I said that hiring JFP was the wrong thing to do. But, everybody told me to give her a chance even though I knew she was going to fail. If anybody watches GH you know what she has done to other shows.

I knew her history from Gl & gh!
    JFP should be banned as Ep on all soaps!
    Bottom line is she got hired because of her friends not because she's the best candidate ! That would be Ed Scott as Ep & Kay Alden as head writer!

I always said that Ed would be a better EP. Put those two in charge and things will turn around.

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list