List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: FIRE Jill Farren Phelps....HIRE Kay Alden!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

FIRE Jill Farren Phelps....HIRE Kay Alden!

Started by Chuckyducky at 2013/07/28 05:39PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/30 07:10PM, Views: 1806, Replies: 16
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/07/28 05:39PM
    FIRE Jill Farren Phelps....HIRE Kay Alden!
    Chuckyducky

JFP is the kiss of death for daytime programming. Her crime: The inability to effectively manipulate the story pacing to advantage. As a result, the stories move at a snails pace with little anticipation or climactic ending.

Just get rid of JFP...A.S.A.P.

The writing staff can stay. He has the ability and the ideas to come up with compelling work...just give him time; but JFP has executive producer has got to go. You people have no idea what it was like watching her work on OLTL. It was really bad!

#2   2013/07/28 05:43PM
    Re: FIRE Jill Farren Phelps....HIRE Kay Alden!
    Homesick Cajun

I just asked this on another thread. But I was under the impression they were a package deal. Haven't they been working together on other programs?

#3   2013/07/28 05:54PM
    edaem1

Who is the package deal JFP and JG? At this point, there can't be many more options for this duo, seprately or together. Soaps are few and all the others seem to be doing fine right now.

#4   2013/07/28 06:00PM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote edaem1: Who is the package deal JFP and JG? At this point, there can't be many more options for this duo, seprately or together. Soaps are few and all the others seem to be doing fine right now.

Yes, the other thread going is about getting rid of JG. So then this one about JFP popped up. Since they came together I always thought that was part of the deal based on articles I have read about the dynamic duo.

#5   2013/07/28 06:04PM
    edaem1

I think that maybe they should think about going with writers from night soaps like Richard and Esther Shapiro. They were the writers for Dynasty.

#6   2013/07/28 06:05PM
    Chuckyducky

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote edaem1: Who is the package deal JFP and JG? At this point, there can't be many more options for this duo, seprately or together. Soaps are few and all the others seem to be doing fine right now.

Yes, the other thread going is about getting rid of JG. So then this one about JFP popped up. Since they came together I always thought that was part of the deal based on articles I have read about the dynamic duo.

That's not the impression I got. I thought JG was on staff FIRST. He acted as Head Writer and Executive Producer before Jill Farren Phelps took over the role as EP. That's what I thought had happened...which is why I'm giving JG a pass.

#7   2013/07/28 06:05PM
    maja

Quote Chuckyducky: JFP is the kiss of death for daytime programming. Her crime: The inability to effectively manipulate the story pacing to advantage. As a result, the stories move at a snails pace with little anticipation or climactic ending.

The writing staff can stay. He has the ability and the ideas to come up with compelling work...just give him time; but JFP has executive producer has got to go. You people have no idea what it was like watching her work on OLTL. It was really bad!

Hey Chuckie! I was a big OLTL fan, was JFP responsible for Jess/Tess mess and the Ford Brothers, and ditching KISH? It was so sad to see what happen to OLTL when it finally was cancelled ( not really impressed with the online version).

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/28 06:09PM
    #8   2013/07/28 06:05PM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote edaem1: I think that maybe they should think about going with writers from night soaps like Richard and Esther Shapiro. They were the writers for Dynasty.

I remember them. I always enjoyed that show.

#9   2013/07/28 06:08PM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:

That's not the impression I got. I thought JG was on staff FIRST. He acted as Head Writer and Executive Producer before Jill Farren Phelps took over the role as EP. That's what I thought had happened...which is why I'm giving JG a pass.

I wasn't sure. Every article I have read about either one of them always included the other. And pictures looked like they were joined at the hip. But, yes, if their contracts are not intertwined then JFP is definitely the one that needs to be replaced!!!

#10   2013/07/28 06:09PM
    Chuckyducky

Quote maja:
    Quote Chuckyducky: JFP is the kiss of death for daytime programming. Her crime: The inability to effectively manipulate the story pacing to advantage. As a result, the stories move at a snails pace with little anticipation or climactic ending.

Hey Chuckie! I was a big OLTL fan, was JFP responsible for Jess/Tess mess and the Ford Brothers, and ditching KISH?

Dude, I stopped before any of that happened but she was there for quite a long time. I'm not sure when she left, though. I do remember the Cassie stuff. That sucked!

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list