List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Michelle Stafford's Future Revealed

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Michelle Stafford's Future Revealed

Started by Brooksie82 at 2013/07/24 12:36PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/29 06:24AM, Views: 13930, Replies: 60
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #51   2013/07/25 03:01PM
    Re: Michelle Stafford's Future Revealed
    Homesick Cajun

Quote granny45:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote edaem1:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote jaquenlaw: YR just put out a casting call:

[ FEMALE ]
    U/5: Seeking a female actress who from the back has a little longer than shoulder length, straight (NOT curly) dark-reddish brown hair and is 5'6 to 5'9.

Sounds like a Phyllis look-alike....

JFP & Co., should be ashamed of themselves!

Why? If she left and says she will not be returning, is the show supposed to wait for some certain period of time before the character is recast? Besides, I think that is an old casting call. I believe that was for Rose's daughter Ann who is redhead or the Lauren look alike who is also redhead. I want Sandra Nelson back, personally.

If you read the post I was responding to it states that Y&R just put out this casting call.

Also, I do not want them to recast the part.

I feel Michelle Stafford was pushed out by JFP, that is based on what I have read repeatedly about her dislike for female actresses past a certain age. And with the treatment of other actresses in the same age group on this program, I have no reason to doubt what I have read.

IMO Michelle Stafford was and is Phyllis. I feel any other actress in that role would be a poor imitation. No fault of any other actress. Just would not be Phyllis.

I agree - but that being said - what are you gonna do?? Michelle left - doesn't want the job - and we NEED a Phyllis because Sharon needs her a$$ kicked and SOON! So we must march on with someone new and hope they are fiesty!

Granny, I understand completely what you are saying and honestly at this point I don't know what I will do.

The larger problem for me is that the current regime has been awful in their recasts for lesser parts, I am scared to see what damage they could do with a recast of a main character. They have not proven to me they are a very good judge of talent.

#52   2013/07/25 03:35PM
    alphadale

How would you feel if the show recast you?

Michelle Stafford:

You know what? Let's be honest with this. I absolutely think they will if they haven't already done it. They are just going to be quiet about it.

And I say this because the character is so instrumental in the show, and I really, really take it as a compliment that they don't want to lose the character. The character of Phyllis is such a driver of people's stories. She is so instrumental in how they are writing the story now, very instrumental in Jack's life, Avery's life, Summer's life and Nick's life. Phyllis created conflict. This is a soap opera. As a producer, I see how they can't lose the character.

I'm pretty sure they will recast. They may, as a courtesy, ask if I wanted to come back; I don't know, they may not. It's okay with me. It doesn't matter because I am done. I'm completely done. And I'm not upset if they recast, I totally would understand.

Even when I called Angelica [McDaniel, head of CBS Daytime], I said, 'You will probably recast.' And she said, 'No, no, no. We won't recast.' And I said, 'Well, I have some ideas, if you are interested.'

#53   2013/07/25 03:38PM
    JUJU41

Quote Brooksie82: According to this issue of Soap Opera Digest's interview with MS, she left because her sister had been battling with cancer and it caused her to see that life is too short and she wants to do other things. She would love to do comedy. Currently she doing THE STAFFORD PROJECT which is a web series comedy about a soap opera star named Michelle who has bad luck in the romance department. She also has a website by that name with a blog spot on it. On Twitter and Instagram she will have the hashtag #doingitasasinglechick. I am not familiar with hashtags or twitter but you all should know what it is if you use it. She says she wants to remain in touch with her fans.

I have seen her in a comedic role before and she was terrific! I think she is great in any role.
    I really hate to see her leave Y and R, but understand why she is.

#54   2013/07/25 04:06PM
    Page Turner

I agree, I'm a long time fan, Stafford is such a good actress, and nobody can play the part like her.

Hopefully they won't kill her off, she can come back one day.

Quote JUJU41:
    Quote Brooksie82: According to this issue of Soap Opera Digest's interview with MS, she left because her sister had been battling with cancer and it caused her to see that life is too short and she wants to do other things. She would love to do comedy. Currently she doing THE STAFFORD PROJECT which is a web series comedy about a soap opera star named Michelle who has bad luck in the romance department. She also has a website by that name with a blog spot on it. On Twitter and Instagram she will have the hashtag #doingitasasinglechick. I am not familiar with hashtags or twitter but you all should know what it is if you use it. She says she wants to remain in touch with her fans.

I have seen her in a comedic role before and she was terrific! I think she is great in any role.
    I really hate to see her leave Y and R, but understand why she is.

#55   2013/07/26 07:57AM
    Sportyster

Quote edaem1:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:

[ FEMALE ]
    U/5: Seeking a female actress who from the back has a little longer than shoulder length, straight (NOT curly) dark-reddish brown hair and is 5'6 to 5'9.

Why? If she left and says she will not be returning, is the show supposed to wait for some certain period of time before the character is recast? Besides, I think that is an old casting call. I believe that was for Rose's daughter Ann who is redhead or the Lauren look alike who is also redhead. I want Sandra Nelson back, personally.

I've read your tirades against the character of Phyllis on this and other boards and it's very apparent you have a personal dislike for MS herself. When someone posts against a character some of the rude and derogatory comments that you have done with Phyllis then support a recast for a character you supposedly loath, that means it was actually the actress MS that you didn't care for. Pretty pathetic that people can't distinguish real from fiction, I can't stand Sharon Newman but I have nothing against SC.

#56   2013/07/26 09:14AM
    mdtuttle

My prayers go out to Michelle's sister and I hope her future has good things in it. She will be missed as Phylliss. wheter you loved the charecter or hatedher one must admit she brought a lot to the show.

#57   2013/07/26 09:39AM
    Charlie Big

It was a great interview! This woman has a great personality and she is a class act. Michelle will be successful, no matter what she chooses to do with her future. She has wonderful choices! I love it that she is living proof that for those with her status and skilled talents, there is more to life than just soap opera. The great thing that I hear coming from this very talented actress is that she has good, solid and significant choices. In life, choices and changes are make it the most interesting. Michelle has embraced this and she is running with it. How wonderful for her. I wish her the very best for she and her daughter and I hope that she will always go forward and take the risks in life that matter the most.

#58   2013/07/28 10:00PM
    edaem1

Quote Sportyster:
    Quote edaem1:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:

[ FEMALE ]

I've read your tirades against the character of Phyllis on this and other boards and it's very apparent you have a personal dislike for MS herself. When someone posts against a character some of the rude and derogatory comments that you have done with Phyllis then support a recast for a character you supposedly loath, that means it was actually the actress MS that you didn't care for. Pretty pathetic that people can't distinguish real from fiction, I can't stand Sharon Newman but I have nothing against SC.

You may infer whatever you want to about what I post but it does not mean that was my intention. You are entitled to your own opinion but not to what is factual. If you can find any post where I have said that I do not like MS, then please show it to me and I will never post again. I have no opinion about MS at all. I do not know the woman so how could I have an opinion of like or dislike. I watch the show and I hate Phyllis with a passion. I will voice that often and as colorfully as I can staying with the guideline of this board.

#59   2013/07/28 11:16PM
    bukopandan

Quote edaem1:
    Quote Sportyster:
    Quote edaem1:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:

[ FEMALE ]

You may infer whatever you want to about what I post but it does not mean that was my intention. You are entitled to your own opinion but not to what is factual. If you can find any post where I have said that I do not like MS, then please show it to me and I will never post again. I have no opinion about MS at all. I do not know the woman so how could I have an opinion of like or dislike. I watch the show and I hate Phyllis with a passion. I will voice that often and as colorfully as I can staying with the guideline of this board.

And I see nothing in wrong in imagining someone else in any part and what that actor could make of the character. Every actor brings something different to a part. They all know that and it's part of what they love about their craft! Look, for example, at a review of various productions of Shakespeare, at how a review will often refer to "his Hamlet," meaning a particular actor's Hamlet, and talk about how this version of Hamlet differs in some ways from another and another version. Actors aren't robots. The lines may be written in stone, as it were, but the plays are alive and not stone. And the actors are part of their characters. I find it insulting to actors to say that they are nothing more than readers of lines. You can have ten chefs prepare the same dish and they will all taste different. There is more than ingredients involved. Victoria is a perfect example of this. The two Victorias are alike and different and much has to do with who has played them. I can't stand Phyllis. To me she is among the lowest of the low. However, in the future someone may play a different kind of Phyllis and I might be able to dislike her less. Then again, I might dislike her more. This is not to diss anyone. But we each respond to various portrayals of the same characters differently. I have read many times on the MB about Terry Lester being great as Jack. And he was! But I personally respond to the more sensitive Jack we have now.

#60   2013/07/29 06:21AM
    jgurl

Quote edaem1:
    Quote bukopandan: I'm fine with Robin Christopher if Y&R plans on keeping the role of Phyllis as a more mature woman and with Jack or someone similar and they don't try to have her back with Nick or someone similar as a serious long-term relationship. I can't imagine any fireworks between the women who have been at odds with one another over the years. If they plan on having fireworks, then I see someone like Gina Tognoni in the part.

I like both of the women you mentioned but I am pulling for Sandra Nelson. I have been watching the old episodes and she was good. When she lost custody of Daniel, she gave a great performance. And she was great baiting Christine. Actually liked her scenes with Christine alot. She would be great with Jack.

SN was a horrible Phyllis. I quit watching when she played the part. I hope they do not use her.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list