List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Carmine Goes Fatal Attraction

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Carmine Goes Fatal Attraction

Started by Jacqueline1961 at 2013/07/23 04:22PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/24 09:06PM, Views: 1448, Replies: 15
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/07/23 04:22PM
    Carmine Goes Fatal Attraction
    Jacqueline1961

Severely disappointed when the camera zoomed on Lauren's tied up hands. Really? Lauren kidnapped again. Wasn't this the easy, predictable way out. I would have preferred it if the writers took some time to explore Lauren's inner struggle with her attraction for Carmine. I think that he should have floated in the background as a constant reminder and temptation while we watched Lauren reconcile her attraction for him with her marriage. The push/pull thing would have drawn me in. Carmine's tender side contrasted with Michaels type A personality could have driven the storyline. This would have been far more interesting than turning him into an obsessed wacko. Now there's only two ways for this to end. Carmine killed in a showdown with GC police or put away for life. What a waste of potentially good material.

#2   2013/07/23 04:38PM
    Re: Carmine Goes Fatal Attraction
    Lady Strawberry

Quote Jacqueline1961: Severely disappointed when the camera zoomed on Lauren's tied up hands. Really? Lauren kidnapped again. Wasn't this the easy, predictable way out. I would have preferred it if the writers took some time to explore Lauren's inner struggle with her attraction for Carmine. I think that he should have floated in the background as a constant reminder and temptation while we watched Lauren reconcile her attraction for him with her marriage. The push/pull thing would have drawn me in. Carmine's tender side contrasted with Michaels type A personality could have driven the storyline. This would have been far more interesting than turning him into an obsessed wacko. Now there's only two ways for this to end. Carmine killed in a showdown with GC police or put away for life. What a waste of potentially good material.

I actually think that would have been an interesting concept. I think all the writers wanted was to use Fen's issues to cause Lauren to have an affair and to let us see Carmine without his shirt. I don't think the writers thought enough of this storyline to get that deep with it. They even had Lauren say in today's episode that it was just a fling like Carmine didn't matter so I guess the writers did not want to write it like Lauren was so attracted to Carmine. But I have to admit the thought you put into was very good.

#3   2013/07/23 05:26PM
    lmfan

Quote Jacqueline1961: Severely disappointed when the camera zoomed on Lauren's tied up hands. Really? Lauren kidnapped again. Wasn't this the easy, predictable way out. I would have preferred it if the writers took some time to explore Lauren's inner struggle with her attraction for Carmine. I think that he should have floated in the background as a constant reminder and temptation while we watched Lauren reconcile her attraction for him with her marriage. The push/pull thing would have drawn me in. Carmine's tender side contrasted with Michaels type A personality could have driven the storyline. This would have been far more interesting than turning him into an obsessed wacko. Now there's only two ways for this to end. Carmine killed in a showdown with GC police or put away for life. What a waste of potentially good material.

That would be a terrific story but I don't think it would work with Lauren/Michael and Carmine. Carmine is the type of guy a woman Lauren's age would have a fling with. They did epxlore Lauren's struggle between temptation for Carmine and her love for Michael for a couple months but in the end it wouldn't last much longer.

What she felt for Carmine was lust. She never fell out of love with Michael but became disconnected from him so Carmine being a good listener to her problems and then being a hot temptation made sense. But in the long run, Carmine has very little to offer a woman like Lauren besides sex. He just can't compare to what Michael can and has been able to offer Lauren. It was hard to believe she let it go on as long as she did because she never wanted to leave Michael and was pretty stupid to risk losing the love of her life for a guy like Carmine.

Carmine's type of temptation lasts only so long. He was never shown to be all that bright. I think this storyline played out like they intended. They wanted to test the love between Likey and show how a couple deals with infidelity.

They could have kept Carmine around by having him pine for Lauren but move on and realize that what he felt for Lauren never was love. But they decided to go the stalker route which does make sense. All along Carmine showed himself to be obsessive. It likely would have ended as a ONS if he hadn't continued to pursue her.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/23 05:29PM
    #4   2013/07/23 05:34PM
    On a Clear Day

Quote Lady Strawberry:

I actually think that would have been an interesting concept. I think all the writers wanted was to use Fen's issues to cause Lauren to have an affair and to let us see Carmine without his shirt. I don't think the writers thought enough of this storyline to get that deep with it. They even had Lauren say in today's episode that it was just a fling like Carmine didn't matter so I guess the writers did not want to write it like Lauren was so attracted to Carmine. But I have to admit the thought you put into was very good.

I agree with both of you.

#5   2013/07/23 05:56PM
    pink kiity

just give carmine a blow up lauren doll thats what he needs
    he can blow hers up and have dinner with hers and if he gets tired of hers he then can pulled the plug and let the air of hers.

#6   2013/07/23 06:03PM
    On a Clear Day

The blow up doll would cause him far less trouble. Hey, didn't he sleep with that younger Lauren look alike a while back? He should have just kept seeing her.

I thought Laruen would be smart enough to pretend she would sleep with him if he freed Michael. She could say I'll sleep with you one last time after you spring Michael from jail. Oh Lord, now we've got to suffer through a kidnapping s/l.

These writers are ridiculous. In what alternate universe would a guy who looks like Carmine have to resort to throwing women in trunks and begging cougars to be with him by kidnapping them?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/23 06:05PM
    #7   2013/07/23 06:08PM
    canada gal

SMH, I'm disappointed, too. I was really starting to like Carmine. IA a total waste of material/talent.

#8   2013/07/23 06:19PM
    menagilda

I just wonder if being tied up will freeking her out with memories of the Sheila thing...she was pretty high strung after that

#9   2013/07/23 06:25PM
    On a Clear Day

Quote menagilda: I just wonder if being tied up will freeking her out with memories of the Sheila thing...she was pretty high strung after that

That's true. She had agoraphobia after that and was afraid to leave the apartment and she had panic attacks.

#10   2013/07/23 06:27PM
    Lady Strawberry

After giving your concept more thought it would have been great, but NOT with Carmine. Lauren would have needed a man with more substance. A bartender young enough to be her son is not what would have worked with this storyline.

Lauren is not the type of woman to take care of a man. This concept would have worked with a man who was a lot more mature mentally than Carmine.

So maybe that is why the writers chose Carmine for the affair because it was not meant to be long time or to have much meaning. Lauren said today it was a fling. So to Lauren she was just having sex and never once thought about leaving her husband. So with that being said and with the writers using that as her explanation, Lauren never intended on having an actual relationship so her temptation was simply resisting the SEX from Carmine and not really resisting any feelings that she had for Carmine.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/23 06:28PM
    1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list