List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Phyllis could have called in her car.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Phyllis could have called in her car.

Started by tinytiger at 2013/07/23 08:05AM
    Latest post: 2013/07/24 07:36AM, Views: 856, Replies: 13
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/07/23 08:05AM
    Phyllis could have called in her car.
    tinytiger

Why didn't Phyllis call or text after she got into her car? News this big was too important to wait and tell in person.

#2   2013/07/23 08:10AM
    Re: Phyllis could have called in her car.
    countryMomof4

Hopefully she has bluetooth.

Seriously though, she could have called as she was running around to get ahold of Jack or Nick to meet her so she could tell them.

It was all a plot point. *sigh*

#3   2013/07/23 08:17AM
    habbyfan

Phyllis's exit story had to resemble Dru's exit.

I agree plot point.

#4   2013/07/23 08:17AM
    Soapnexis

Quote countryMomof4: Hopefully she has bluetooth.

It was all a plot point. *sigh*

Yep, It's not easy to fill 50 minutes a day of airtime. And they are not very good at it.

#5   2013/07/23 08:54AM
    daisy1984

Quote tinytiger: Why didn't Phyllis call or text after she got into her car? News this big was too important to wait and tell in person.

Because it would have made sense? And they wouldn't have a dramatic exit for MS which would continue to drag this s/l on?
    Sharon was looking demented in that cemetery. If I was Phyllis, I would have gotten in my car, made sure all the doors were locked and driven off AND called Jack or Nick or whoever from the car. Call everyone involved. That way, when Sharon confronted Phyliss, she could have told Sharon that Jack or Nick already knew.

Sharon was talking crazy at the top of the stairs. Why stop to call Jack at that point? Phyllis was steps from the ballroom. Just open the door and go in. The setup for the final confrontation doesn't really make sense.

#6   2013/07/23 11:02AM
    On a Clear Day

I agree with all of you. Phyllis is normally determined and tough. She would have made sure to get to Nick and Jack before Sharon could stop her. Also when Sharon was chasing her up the stairs and Phyllis' hand was on the door handle, Sharon yelled "stop" at Phyllis, and she did stop. She should have just kept going. But once confronted and blocked by Sharon, Phyl would have shoved her aside like yesterday's news, normally. This was a lame exit for Phyl character.

I think it would have been a better exit if Phyllis and Sharon were struggling curbside and Christine and Paul accidentally ran her over. Then when recast, Phyl emerges from her long coma, and for the next 10 years has to try to prove Christine ran her down.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/23 11:06AM
    #7   2013/07/23 01:36PM
    coco28

This is crazy, I can't believe this was so badly done. No thought put into it at all. Jacks call may have alerted Sharon to Phyllis's presence but Phyllis should have run and locked her car. Called, texted everyone involved and then drove straight to the ball. What the hell was Sharon thinking? how could she permanently stop Phyllis from telling people? why did she try to stop her at all? Phyllis falling was result of a struggle but did Sharon really think she could otherwise stop Phyllis from telling people forever? I don't get it. This was horribly done. Then avery doesn't recognize the door sound closing, please...in a stairwell, you know when a door opens or closes, it echoes like crazy.
    Paul found lipstick, it's probably Phyllis's. nothing will come out of this because shycho will get another free pass. sick of this.

#8   2013/07/23 08:31PM
    Gypsy12

They NEVER make calls from their cars in 'soapland'. There would be no drama if they did.

#9   2013/07/24 04:16AM
    Tybee Island

I thought exactly the same thing! The first thing anyone else would have done is call when they got in the car. Even in my car, I could have pushed the button and said, "Call Jack" or "Call Nick" and voila! I'm sure her character has a much more high dollar car than I do. Definitely plot point pushed too far.

#10   2013/07/24 04:31AM
    Homesick Cajun

I agree that this was completely a plot point.

But in "real life" not "reel life" that news this important should be delivered in person. I was really disappointed in how Michelle Stafford's exit was written, but it's not like it's the first time these writers have disappointed me. ...Sigh...

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list