List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Nellie B claims Doug Davidson strangled him!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: Nellie B claims Doug Davidson strangled him!

Started by nelly_bones at 2013/07/18 11:51AM
    Latest post: 2013/07/18 02:26PM, Views: 3930, Replies: 27
    « 1 2 3 page:
    #21   2013/07/18 01:33PM
    Re: Nellie B claims Doug Davidson strangled him!
    mollyandwally

Quote strawberrypop:
    Quote alanadz: The thing is this is in PRINT. He has made this public. So if it's not true, it's slander and Nelson Branco can be sued.

I agree, and while I love DD, I have to ask myself, maybe this is true because Branco knows the ramifications of telling something like this if it is not true.

Therefore,

Id say it most likely did happen, and it probably was "alcohol fueled" and it is even more likely that NB pushed DD's buttons.

This!

Everyone has a camera on their phone these days, yet no photos and no mention of red marks, pain, or injury around his neck from NB from this incident? Surely if NB was considering pressing charges he's have someone snap a pic, or even do it himself, if he was injured. Since NB didn't talk about the pain, or being unable to breath, it sounds to me like DD may have just grabbed his neck firmly to stop NB from talking and it freaked him out.

BOTH probably said and/or did something they wouldn't have if sober, but since no one got hurt, they should take CLB's suggestion and drop it and let it be a learning experience for the future.

#22   2013/07/18 01:37PM
    trinilisa

Quote darlaluvsoaps:
    Quote ajsp35801: I believe the choking incident happened. I don't see NB making up lies. That is slander. However, I trust his recounting of it about as much as I trust George Zimmerman's telling of what happened when he murdered Trayvon Martin!...meaning not at all!

I'm with you! I have a feeling Nellie is leaving out some pertinent information in this one-sided story. I think there probably was an altercation; however, Dougie did not just lunge at him out of the blue simply for mentioning Muhney's name! That's bullshyt.

Nellie probably said something crude and insulting and they got into a fight of some sort. I've seen him go off on twitter and Nellie has a bad temper and he always always has an agenda. Everyone knows he stanz for Muhney and he was bitter that Doug won that Emmy instead of his boy Michael Muhney.

Nellie is known for his agenda-pushing and sour grapes.

Your version sounds like a plausable explanation for what might have taken place. Maybe NB told Doug that MM should have won or something like that and they began arguing...I dunno...do you really think that CL would tell him what happens at the Hilton stays at the Hilton? Something is being left out imho...

#23   2013/07/18 01:37PM
    calliope

Quote nelly_bones: Nelson Branco:

Here it is:

Case in point: During the DAYTIME EMMY AWARDS last month, I sat down with Doug Davidson, his wife, Cindy and Christian LeBlanc at the Beverly Hilton’s lobby bar. We were having a lovely conversation for an hour — or so I thought. While I’ve never been a big fan of Davidson’s acting, I congratulated him on his win and was genuinely happy for the former hair model’s deserved trophy.

Then, out of the blue, Davidson lunged at me across the table and began choking me after I simply mentioned Michael Muhney’s name before he even allowed me to finish my innocuous thought about the show. No joke. He literally attacked me. Can you imagine if Davidson didn’t win the Emmy? Yikes! Dude, you should be happy!

Immediately, I left. I was very shaken up over the encounter because I am not a violent person. Next year, I turn 40 and I was proud to say that I have never been
    involved in a physical altercation in my life. And I survived the homophobic 1980s and 1990s! It’s sad now that Doug Davidson has the distinction of being the first — and hopefully, last — person to ever lay a finger on me. Aside from my editor, Denette.

Since I was leaving for Toronto the next day, I was put in a precarious situation. Should I press charges? Several of Davidson’s co-stars urged me to but considering I’m a Canadian flying out of the U.S., a police investigation was the last thing I wanted.

Christian LeBlanc, who witnessed the event, cowardly told me, “We were all drunk. And what happens in the Hilton, stays in the Hilton.”

Nice. It’s ironic that the two actors involved in Y&R’s brilliant bullying storyline find it so easily to justify a physical attack on a reporter. Predictably, when I contacted the “big, happy family” over at CBS about the incident, they didn’t want to get involved.

Oh bull!!!

#24   2013/07/18 01:39PM
    trinilisa

Quote budhardt3: The more I hear about this twink, Nelson Branco, the more I am convinced that he is merely ticked at Doug Davidson for being successful because he knows deep down inside that he, himself, is a useless individual. Who cares what he thinks he "knows" about the soap opera world???

As a Canadian, I can honestly say that he is am embarrassment to our country.

Co-Signed From Toronto Canada

#25   2013/07/18 01:44PM
    maja

Quote budhardt3: The more I hear about this twink, Nelson Branco, the more I am convinced that he is merely ticked at Doug Davidson for being successful because he knows deep down inside that he, himself, is a useless individual. Who cares what he thinks he "knows" about the soap opera world???

As a Canadian, I can honestly say that he is am embarrassment to our country.

Well, there's always Justin Beiber...oops

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/18 01:51PM
    #26   2013/07/18 01:47PM
    trinilisa

quote]Quote maja: [quote]Quote budhardt3: The more I hear about this twink, Nelson Branco, the more I am convinced that he is merely ticked at Doug Davidson for being successful because he knows deep down inside that he, himself, is a useless individual. Who cares what he thinks he "knows" about the soap opera world???

As a Canadian, I can honestly say that he is am embarrassment to our country.[/quote]

Well, there's always Justin Beiber...opps [/quote]
    Ouch...

#27   2013/07/18 02:05PM
    Paggie

Quote hubbardfan: DD may have even been playfully 'choking' him for ruining a celebratory moment by bringing up MM's name, and he took it as an 'assault'! And since they were all presumably drunk...why are we hearing about this NOW, why not the next day after the Emmys??

NB did tweet at the time about an incident that happened to him at the Emmy's without naming names but sent a cryptic email to DD shortly after saying "don't strangle anyone on the Talk". But he was obviously saving the whole big story up for when he could publish the scandalous details in his subscription ezine. Maybe he was pondering the legal stuff first.

I don't doubt there was some sort of altercation but at the same time there had to be some definite provocation. NB isn't a DD fan or JFP/JG fan. He boasted he let JFP have it at the CBS Emmy party. He's always been pretty snarky in the past about DD's acting and more recently about his Emmy reel. He still admits he's not a fan and scathingly refers to DD as a "former hair model". He was championing MM for an Emmy. So why did he join dd he join DD his wife and CLB for a drink? Was there a motive there? They obviously aren't exactly buddies. Was he "on the job"?

Even if alcohol was involved there had to be something really major to push DD's buttons on the most exciting night of his career. He's not known for being a scrapper.

My best guess is that Branco was hoping for gossip/quotes for his on line mag and maybe pushed too hard. Though it seems he may have got a bit more than what he was going for!

#28   2013/07/18 02:26PM
    Barbyboo

Actually mm is a muh better actor than Davidson and sexy too. Davidson probably is jealous because his role is mostly walk in now

« 1 2 3 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list