List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Carmine's video, the legalities

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Carmine's video, the legalities

Started by Tybee Island at 2013/07/18 04:54AM
    Latest post: 2013/07/18 09:08AM, Views: 329, Replies: 6
    page:
    #1   2013/07/18 04:54AM
    Carmine's video, the legalities
    Tybee Island

I didn't know that someone could put an indecent video online without the other person's permission and not be in trouble with the police. Is that true?

#2   2013/07/18 05:14AM
    Re: Carmine's video, the legalities
    Milkshake24

Quote Tybee Island: I didn't know that someone could put an indecent video online without the other person's permission and not be in trouble with the police. Is that true?

In the states as long as it's not for profit and not a minor it's a slap on the wrist. The person has committed a crime if they are threatening you with publication and will refrain only of you have sex with them. Which is why Carmine couldn't use that on Lauren however with Michael arrested he is now offering Lauren one more night for Michael's freedom! If you were the person who filmed the event, you would be considered a copyright holder as well, and may have rights to pursue a federal copyright infringement claim. Any media outlet that publishes the material can be responsible for publicity right and copyright violations as well. If Lauren had published it than Carmine has the right to have it pulled! Great law! However, publication of a private sex tape, as described above, would not likely be protected under these legal defenses. A court can award substantial damages and possibly attorneys fees against any person responsible for publishing or republishing the material.

#3   2013/07/18 05:20AM
    Tybee Island

So, it's not a police matter, but a civil court matter. It doesn't seem right. I know, in Genoa City, they have their own justice system. Haha

#4   2013/07/18 05:41AM
    Milkshake24

Quote Tybee Island: So, it's not a police matter, but a civil court matter. It doesn't seem right. I know, in Genoa City, they have their own justice system. Haha

I do think people on Michael's side..perhaps Christine will find something to arrest him on. Leslie is his lawyer! Who would he get to bail him out? Aunty Rosella? I think this could be how Leslie figures out that Rose is not dead and who Rose is! Honestly who in Genoa City would bail him out?

#5   2013/07/18 09:03AM
    Tybee Island

Quote Milkshake24:
    Quote Tybee Island: So, it's not a police matter, but a civil court matter. It doesn't seem right. I know, in Genoa City, they have their own justice system. Haha

I do think people on Michael's side..perhaps Christine will find something to arrest him on. Leslie is his lawyer! Who would he get to bail him out? Aunty Rosella? I think this could be how Leslie figures out that Rose is not dead and who Rose is! Honestly who in Genoa City would bail him out?

Auntie Rosella....I like it! Christine is too busy to help Michael. She went into her office and never came out again.

#6   2013/07/18 09:06AM
    Brooksie82

LMAO!!! Yeah that girl is busy, she never seems pop in or call or nothing but yet she came back to be with Paul. He doesn't see her any more than he did when she was out of town so what was the point in her moving back?

#7   2013/07/18 09:08AM
    Maria Maria101

Quote Brooksie82: LMAO!!! Yeah that girl is busy, she never seems pop in or call or nothing but yet she came back to be with Paul. He doesn't see her any more than he did when she was out of town so what was the point in her moving back?

Why should she help Michael. Michael didn't help her.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list