List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Viewers are being tricked. Sharon did not. LOL.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Viewers are being tricked. Sharon did not. LOL.

Started by Calmie at 2013/07/16 01:26PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/18 10:10AM, Views: 11210, Replies: 109
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #11   2013/07/16 01:45PM
    Re: Viewers are being tricked. Sharon did not. LOL.
    Karl127

How long have you known that it would be revealed that Sharon ultimately was the one who switched the paternity results? And, what did you think when you heard that Sharon was responsible for the switcheroo?

I have known for a while. I was told in advance of shooting it, roughly what the storyline was going to be, not the whole thing, but I was given enough information so that I knew how to play the scenes. What did I think? I think it was a great idea. I said to Josh Griffith our head writer, secrets in soap opera are key. We have had a secret in place, or sort of secret, for seven years, and that is what is the paternity of Summer? Nick never exposed what it is. So these little secrets that the writers put in, and leave there for years, are what are driving the show in some respect. So, you can’t not have them, and then eventually you have to pick them up. But, the great thing about when you pick them up is that maybe you resolve the secret, but at the same time you create some other secret. So it just keeps going, and that is what keeps the show going. I love how Josh decided to address this secret about the paternity test, yet he put a twist on it, so it still remained unknown, or set wrong, or somebody does not know the truth. But, it’s really only great if you are going to leave it like that for years, just like it was like that for years before. So, that the same game is always in play. How hilarious and wild would it be for it to go on for years that the audience knows that Sharon switched the test, and the audience knows who Summer’s father is, but no one, not Nick, or anyone else in Genoa City, knows except for Sharon? I think that’s a great long-term secret, and one day it can be addressed and come out, and we could re-test the paternity, and then maybe the truth is then… it is Jack’s! There is no reason to resolve or end it, because I think it’s fun to see what happens. All of these things are what creates conflict and high drama, because that is what we are after. This is brilliant, because it is very relevant to every single character on the show. What could be more relevant … Cassie’s death, and then the paternity of Summer. Phyllis getting pregnant in the first place, and Sharon feeling that was wrong. That changed fate in a way it never should have.

She may have said further down that Sharon fans will be happy in the end, MS said the same thing to Phyllis fans.

There is going to be one unhappy fan base when this storyline ends.

#12   2013/07/16 01:48PM
    Karl127

Quote coco28: OMG, the only ones dreaming are the fans...she did it, she admitted to doing it and then admitted that nick is the father. She is delusional because she thinks, this will get her Nick. She hurt a daughter in the process, she is such a biatch. She had no problem that Cassie wasn't Nick's daughter but he loved her like one and then she takes a daughter from him he had known and loved far longer than Cassie. That is his own flesh and blood. Not that love knows bounds of time and blood but still from a viewers point of view, it makes me hate this character even more.

Ofcourse it will turn out the way Sharon fans want it, she will get the free BP pass. I am sick of it. Patty kept getting she is sick pass from Paul, didn't make me hater her less. And yes I know its a soap before someone gets their panties in a bunch . I am just passionate about my likes and dislikes lol.

Great post and ITA!! I hate her even more than I did before. LOL

#13   2013/07/16 01:52PM
    daisy1984

Quote Ms Ayers:
    Quote alanadz:
    Quote Calmie: The writers will never put it out there like that. They will never be so obvious if Sharon did tamper with the paternity test. LOl, they fooled you. Someone is dreaming, overdosed with meds, or seeing things the way they want to.

I wish you had told SC that. She just gave an interview and said Sharon did it.

I saw the interview she didn't own that. She only said in the end it will turn out the way Sharon fans want it to.

She was asked directly how long she knew that it would be revealed that Sharon was the one who switched the paternity results.

Her response was: "I have known for a while." That would seem to indicate that Sharon switched the test results somehow.

She further went on to say: "How hilarious and wild would it be for it to go on for years that the audience knows that Sharon switched the test, and the audience knows who Summer’s father is, but no one, not Nick, or anyone else in Genoa City, knows except for Sharon? I think that’s a great long-term secret, and one day it can be addressed and come out, and we could re-test the paternity, and then maybe the truth is then… it is Jack’s!"

What she is saying is that Sharon switched the results but the writers are going to drag this out and play with the audience and make them wonder if Summer could still really be Jack's even though the results were changed. She may find it "hilarious" if this drags on for years, but I am already tired of it.

#14   2013/07/16 01:54PM
    Ms Ayers

Quote Calmie: Sharon's fans, meaning she did not do it. We'll be happy with the result.

Yes that's what i heard she only did it in her hullucination.

#15   2013/07/16 02:05PM
    Ms Ayers

Quote Karl127: How long have you known that it would be revealed that Sharon ultimately was the one who switched the paternity results? And, what did you think when you heard that Sharon was responsible for the switcheroo?

I have known for a while. I was told in advance of shooting it, roughly what the storyline was going to be, not the whole thing, but I was given enough information so that I knew how to play the scenes. What did I think? I think it was a great idea. I said to Josh Griffith our head writer, secrets in soap opera are key. We have had a secret in place, or sort of secret, for seven years, and that is what is the paternity of Summer? Nick never exposed what it is. So these little secrets that the writers put in, and leave there for years, are what are driving the show in some respect. So, you can’t not have them, and then eventually you have to pick them up. But, the great thing about when you pick them up is that maybe you resolve the secret, but at the same time you create some other secret. So it just keeps going, and that is what keeps the show going. I love how Josh decided to address this secret about the paternity test, yet he put a twist on it, so it still remained unknown, or set wrong, or somebody does not know the truth. But, it’s really only great if you are going to leave it like that for years, just like it was like that for years before. So, that the same game is always in play. How hilarious and wild would it be for it to go on for years that the audience knows that Sharon switched the test, and the audience knows who Summer’s father is, but no one, not Nick, or anyone else in Genoa City, knows except for Sharon? I think that’s a great long-term secret, and one day it can be addressed and come out, and we could re-test the paternity, and then maybe the truth is then… it is Jack’s! There is no reason to resolve or end it, because I think it’s fun to see what happens. All of these things are what creates conflict and high drama, because that is what we are after. This is brilliant, because it is very relevant to every single character on the show. What could be more relevant … Cassie’s death, and then the paternity of Summer. Phyllis getting pregnant in the first place, and Sharon feeling that was wrong. That changed fate in a way it never should have.

She may have said further down that Sharon fans will be happy in the end, MS said the same thing to Phyllis fans.

It's nothing great about the writing if this turns out to be the case it's also stupid and an insult to ones intelligence. I thought it was stupid when Phyllis switched the test back in the 90s it was almost cartoonish when Sheila Carter did it in the 80s. But NO-talent writers like the ones we have to deal with now just can't seem to let it go. The SL is burnt is so overdone and i'm taking it out of my DVR recordings because the show is already boring me to tears. Carmine's SL is the only interesting thing that's on and that's getting old.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/16 02:06PM
    #16   2013/07/16 02:09PM
    daisy1984

Quote Karl127: How long have you known that it would be revealed that Sharon ultimately was the one who switched the paternity results? And, what did you think when you heard that Sharon was responsible for the switcheroo?

She is trying to placate her fans. However, she clearly indicated that she is the one who switched the test results. She goes on with some nonsense about keeping that secret from everyone except the viewers for a while and then doing yet another test that MIGHT or might not reveal Jack to be the father anyway. Summer should know whether Jack or Nick is her father. I don't want this dragging out for years.

#17   2013/07/16 02:09PM
    jilltidwell

Quote Ms Ayers:
    Quote Calmie: Sharon's fans, meaning she did not do it. We'll be happy with the result.

Yes that's what i heard she only did it in her hullucination.

The people that believe she did it must believe in ghosts. JMO.

#18   2013/07/16 02:10PM
    Calmie

ITA, this is a different generation, the paternity S/Ls are so predictable. There are so many ways they could utilize and spread out these S/Ls. I too am enjoying Carmines S/L, he said to Michael, I was satisfying your whoring wife, lol.

#19   2013/07/16 02:16PM
    daisy1984

Quote alanadz: What in the world does Summer's paternity have to do with Nick and Sharon getting back together? Nick doesn't seem the least bit interested in Sharon and Sharon is after Nick because she can't have Adadm.

Please connect the dots for me because I just cannot see what Summer has to do with this.

Sharon has been hovering around Nick for some time, letting him know that she is there for him. I imagine that she thinks that everyone, including Avery and Phyllis, will be angry at Nick, leaving the door open for Sharon to try and get Nick back.

#20   2013/07/16 02:24PM
    Yale Steam

I read the interview and so many of you are so obsessed by Sharon Case's character "Sharon" that you can't think separate the two in my view. It's weird!

Sharon admitted and so did Sharon Case. And the other stuff, she was speculating only. She cannot and would guarantee anything.

Folks, get it together. This is a soap opera. It's not real. You take the fun out of talking about the show when you overreact like this.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list