List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: FIRE AND HIRE NEW WRITERS (CHANGING PATERNITY TEST

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

FIRE AND HIRE NEW WRITERS (CHANGING PATERNITY TEST

Started by Lady in Pink at 2013/07/16 10:59AM
    Latest post: 2013/07/16 01:10PM, Views: 590, Replies: 9
    page:
    #1   2013/07/16 10:59AM
    FIRE AND HIRE NEW WRITERS (CHANGING PATERNITY TEST
    Lady in Pink

Okay here is my take on this subject... how in the world can a person walk into an establishment such as a hospital, labs etc... go into an office change the DNA test and not be seen? Next question just how can a person change a paternity test? Where is security? where are the other office workers? the writers are just dumb. They could at least went another way...all through the Y&R it is always someone changing the test, or someone claiming someone else as their baby daddy.... Come on writers this is the 21st century and there is something called the HIPPA (The HIPAA Privacy Rule for the first time creates national standards to protect individuals’ medical records and other personal health information.) PLEASE WRITERS DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!!!

#2   2013/07/16 11:37AM
    Re: FIRE AND HIRE NEW WRITERS (CHANGING PATERNITY TEST
    sgtppr

I posted something very similar in another thread. I pointed out that i couldn't get into my job without my pass badge never mind into a lab and change results....and how in the world did she know where to look and how to change it so no one would know? Isn't there any other staff other than the dr. who was walking out the door chatting about the DNA tests being done???? I repeat.....WE ARE NOT IDIOTS.
    yes, let's get new writers...like maybe some who have actually watched Y&R and know the characters.

#3   2013/07/16 11:41AM
    KatGotToGo

Really this story line needs to be a DREAM Tired of
    the DNA/Babies I know of at least 6 DNA story lines since I have been watching 1985 ! Snap Out of It!!!!

#4   2013/07/16 11:59AM
    Karl127

LOL!!!! Why is it that when a viewer doesn't like a certain storyline or the way a character is written they want the writers fired???
    I've been watching soaps for over 30 years, not one of them are really realistic when it comes to somethings. Who cares how Sharon got in, since this is fiction I didn't even stop and think - how did she get in there, I need a security access card at my place of employment and still didn't think about how she got in there. I don't care because it's a soap and I'm loving that Sharon switched the results of the paternity test and Nick really is Summer's Dad.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/16 12:00PM
    #5   2013/07/16 12:07PM
    lvsdasnow

While watching the show today, I noticed Nick had the same clothes on and then walla, Sharon awakens from a dream. Then I noticed Phyllis has the same top on but the color is different. Was the same top she had on when Sharon cornered her in CL's.
    Trying to catch a clock or watch or something, never could put a time on anything. But,
    How can we believe Noah, kicked his dad out of his own establishment?
    Now, Sharon may believe if everyone turns on Nick, then she will be the only one he can turn to.
    So what
    we just have to figure what all is the dream and what is reel?
    I am loving it. I think the writers are doing great. Suspense is what this show is all about and it is now full of suspense.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/16 12:09PM
    #6   2013/07/16 12:11PM
    alanadz

Quote Lady in Pink: Okay here is my take on this subject... how in the world can a person walk into an establishment such as a hospital, labs etc... go into an office change the DNA test and not be seen? Next question just how can a person change a paternity test? Where is security? where are the other office workers? the writers are just dumb. They could at least went another way...all through the Y&R it is always someone changing the test, or someone claiming someone else as their baby daddy.... Come on writers this is the 21st century and there is something called the HIPPA (The HIPAA Privacy Rule for the first time creates national standards to protect individuals’ medical records and other personal health information.) PLEASE WRITERS DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!!!

Sharon didn't get access to the test or the samples used for the test. She changed one word in the letter. The writers have been doing this same dumb paternity switching stories for decades. We should have been outraged about them years ago.

#7   2013/07/16 12:13PM
    alanadz

Quote Karl127: LOL!!!! Why is it that when a viewer doesn't like a certain storyline or the way a character is written they want the writers fired???
    I've been watching soaps for over 30 years, not one of them are really realistic when it comes to somethings. Who cares how Sharon got in, since this is fiction I didn't even stop and think - how did she get in there, I need a security access card at my place of employment and still didn't think about how she got in there. I don't care because it's a soap and I'm loving that Sharon switched the results of the paternity test and Nick really is Summer's Dad.

If we had seen the exact same thing done to prove Jack was the father instead of Nick, there would be no questions raised about it. The writers know their audience well.

#8   2013/07/16 12:13PM
    Karl127

Quote lvsdasnow: While watching the show today, I noticed Nick had the same clothes on and then walla, Sharon awakens from a dream. Then I noticed Phyllis has the same top on but the color is different. Was the same top she had on when Sharon cornered her in CL's.
    Trying to catch a clock or watch or something, never could put a time on anything. But,
    How can we believe Noah, kicked his dad out of his own establishment?
    Now, Sharon may believe if everyone turns on Nick, then she will be the only one he can turn to.
    So what
    we just have to figure what all is the dream and what is reel?
    I am loving it. I think the writers are doing great. Suspense is what this show is all about and it is now full of suspense.

I assume you are talking about the CDN Monday/US Tuesday episode - while watching it, I had no problems determining which scenes were a dream and which weren't.

#9   2013/07/16 12:14PM
    gummybear

I feel that writers need to think the way lives would be hurt by the choose I to watching since 1989 but things need to change with come people changing DNA on tv this can for a person real life nightmare so please remember the fans who watch daily your rate

#10   2013/07/16 01:10PM
    Karl127

Quote alanadz:
    Quote Karl127: LOL!!!! Why is it that when a viewer doesn't like a certain storyline or the way a character is written they want the writers fired???

If we had seen the exact same thing done to prove Jack was the father instead of Nick, there would be no questions raised about it. The writers know their audience well.

LOL, think you're right about that

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list