List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Eric Braeden Speaks Out on Zimmerman/Martin!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: Eric Braeden Speaks Out on Zimmerman/Martin!

Started by le_mustache at 2013/07/14 01:50PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/15 12:09PM, Views: 6871, Replies: 66
    « 2 3 4 5 6 7 page:
    #61   2013/07/14 09:24PM
    Re: Eric Braeden Speaks Out on Zimmerman/Martin!
    cards1

Quote MotoMoto24: Zimmerman was found not guilty because he was charge with second degree murder as oppose to manslaughter . With second degree murder the jurors couldn't get pass the reasonable doubt factor. He was found not guilty base on that and that only. If he was charged with manslaughter his arse would be sitting in jail right now.

That is a great point, I have been on a jury on a wrongful death case, and sometimes the burden of proof is really hard to meet all points, it seems so simple to many, but when you read all the points that have to be proven with out a shadow of a doubt to meet the bar for the charge, it becomes harder, they give you a long list of things that must be meet to convict, sometimes even though you might think they are guilty, if the burden has not been met you can't convict.

Hindsite...they probably should have went for manslaughter charge. JMO like EB, lol

#62   2013/07/14 09:28PM
    SallyAnne

Quote cards1: Watch means WATCH IMO and if you spot something suspicious, call the PROPER authorities. Not follow a teenager with a drink and skittles and a baggie with weed residue in it. and you can't justify killing someone on what they "might" be doing, or "might" going to do.

Sad a young man lost his life, but It's over now and we must move on. Really feel bad for his parents/family.

George Zimmerman did call the proper authorities. He called 911 and reported the suspect in the area.

A Neighbor also called 911 and reported Trayvon's attack on Georgie. You could hear George screaming for help during this call. This tape was the crucial piece of evidence during the trial and proved that Trayvon was the aggressor.

My Dad is a cop, so leans towards George's side too. Every day, police officers are forced to make quick second judgement calls. When it's dark, it's hard to tell if the suspect has Skittles in his pocket or a gun. Was Trayvon high on weed? Maybe....

It could've easily been George who died that night and the Zimmerman family mourning.

#63   2013/07/14 09:29PM
    Chuckyducky

Quote redwhiteblueyo:
    Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote redwhiteblueyo:
    Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote romeroh:
    EB is wrong. The jury ruled NOT GUILTY! Respect the scales of justice!

Lady Justice is deaf, dumb, and blind. People don't have to respect Jack! The defense proved to the jury that Zimmerman acted in self defense and put the victim (who is dead and can no longer speak for himself) on trial. They made Trayvon out to be the aggressor when he was only a 17 year old boy with a bag of skittles in his pocket, who decided to fight off a man who was stalking him. No, justice wasn't served yesterday. A killer got off Scott free and an innocent boy is still dead. Whatever!

The jury ruled it was self-defense because Martin was the AGGRESSOR. There were witnesses who testified to that fact. Martin assaulted Zimmerman who shot him in self-defense. Martin was no "innocent". This kid has a rap sheet and violent tendencies. Deal with it, Chucky!

Zimmerman stalked Tarvyon Martin while in possession of a concealed weapon and unless I'm mistaken, stalking is a form of AGGRESSION.

When the victim confronted his stalker, he was fatally shot and presumed dead hours later. However, under the "stand your ground" law and other evidence that thinly supported Zimmerman's case, the jurers decided that he was not at fault.

Is this justice? No. It's technicality of the common law. Does it prove Zimmerman innocent of all charges? No. He is a civilian who discharged a firearm on another unarmed civilian. Had he acted in such manner in the state of NY, the prosecutors and the jurers would have found him negligible (or layman terms, guilty).

Sorry, whatever it is you're trying to prove is not working. Please try it with someone less educated.

Zimmerman was not "stalking" as you call it, Chucky. He was PATROLLING as a Member of Neighborhood Watch. It was his duty to protect his community. He was acting in good faith to protect his area which was preyed on by thieves who were breaking & entering into people's homes. Martin matched the description of these criminals and it appeared he was staking out the homes. Keep in mind, Martin had a history of stealing and he was caught with stolen goods at school and suspended for it. He also used drugs.

Zimmerman was armed, as is his Constitutional Right to Bear Arms. Nothing wrong with that!

Martin was loitering in the area and acting suspicious. When Zimmerman confronted him, Martin reacted VIOLENTLY and attacked Zimmerman who was forced to defend himself.

A Jury of his peers examined the evidence and heard all the witness testimony and determined that Zimmerman was NOT GUILTY. Justice was served.

Those are the facts.

I'm glad you're familiar with the FACTS. However, I think you skipped a few in order to prove your argument. Here, let me help you come to a clearer understanding.

Trayvon Martin's father, his father's girlfriend and the girlfriend's teenager lived in the same gated community as Zimmerman.

That is a FACT.

A bag of skittles and a bottle of ice-tea were found in Trayvon's possession after he'd been fatally shot.

That is a FACT.

Zimmerman did not recognize Trayvon as a community member and followed him on the grounds that he looked suspicious.

That is a FACT.

Under the neighborhood watch guidelines, Zimmerman notified 911 about a suspicious individual and was advised not to take any action.

That is a FACT.

Zimmerman ignored 911's dispatcher's advice and followed (stalked) Trayvon.

That is a FACT.

When asked what type of suspicious activity Zimmerman had noted, he could not specify what they were.

That is a FACT.

The forensic expert used by the defense, to testify in favor of Zimmerman, during the trial, based his "expert opinion" on photos, not on first hand account.

The forensic expert used by the prosecutor concluded that the injuries were not sufficient with head traumas.

That is a FACT.

What lead up to Martin's death is still unclear. The only one who knows the truth are Zimmerman and Trayvon; and the surviving party put a deceased victim on trial and painted him as a criminal when he was anything but.

That is a FACT.

Here's another fact. Zimmerman is free because of a legal technicality, not because he was proven, without a doubt, to be the victim of an alleged attack by an unarmed teen, walking home from the store.

He is free because the prosecutor wanted a second-degree murder trial instead of going for a lesser charge...and that is the only reason that man is walking free today.

#64   2013/07/14 09:48PM
    cards1

Quote SallyAnne:
    Quote cards1: Watch means WATCH IMO and if you spot something suspicious, call the PROPER authorities. Not follow a teenager with a drink and skittles and a baggie with weed residue in it. and you can't justify killing someone on what they "might" be doing, or "might" going to do.

Sad a young man lost his life, but It's over now and we must move on. Really feel bad for his parents/family.

Trayvon wasn't really a suspect, he was walking through the same gated community his father lived in, and his fathers girlfriend father lived in...to my understanding.

George Zimmerman did call the proper authorities. He called 911 and reported the suspect in the area.

A Neighbor also called 911 and reported Trayvon's attack on Georgie. You could hear George screaming for help during this call. This tape was the crucial piece of evidence during the trial and proved that Trayvon was the aggressor.

My Dad is a cop, so leans towards George's side too. Every day, police officers are forced to make quick second judgement calls. When it's dark, it's hard to tell if the suspect has Skittles in his pocket or a gun. Was Trayvon high on weed? Maybe....

It could've easily been George who died that night and the Zimmerman family mourning.

Yes he called 911, and they told him to "stop, do nothing, don't follow the kid" Wait for a REAL cop, like your dad. Zimmerman wouldn't have died that night if he had WATCHED, and waited for a real police officer. He could have reported what he saw on his WATCH and went home.

Maybe high on weed? A teenager lost his life on a maybe, if we went around shooting all the teenagers that were high on weed we would wipe out a whole bunch of teenagers.

That's my last comment on this matter, I should have stayed away from this thread...back to the soap threads this one started out about what EB said, and he has every right to express his opinion. IMO.....

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/14 09:54PM
    #65   2013/07/14 10:00PM
    shalaydra75

Thanks EB!!! VN has always been one of my favorite characters although I do not care about the Newman clan. It is nice to know that EB is as tough as VN. TM had no police record, but GZ does. GZ has a record of violence, TM did not. TM was given a drug test but GZ was not. GZ voice sounded fuzzy on the 911 call. Given that GZ assaulted a cop, Asians, blacks, Hispanics and whites better be wary. His getting away with murder will only emboldened him.

#66   2013/07/14 10:07PM
    cards1

Quote cards1:
    Quote SallyAnne:

Trayvon wasn't really a suspect, he was walking through the same gated community his father lived in, and his fathers girlfriend father lived in...to my understanding.

Yes he called 911, and they told him to "stop, do nothing, don't follow the kid" Wait for a REAL cop, like your dad. Zimmerman wouldn't have died that night if he had WATCHED, and waited for a real police officer. He could have reported what he saw on his WATCH and went home.

Maybe high on weed? A teenager lost his life on a maybe, if we went around shooting all the teenagers that were high on weed we would wipe out a whole bunch of teenagers.

That's my last comment on this matter, I should have stayed away from this thread...back to the soap threads this one started out about what EB said, and he has every right to express his opinion. IMO.....

This part somehow showed up in the prior post when I was replying, must have started replying in the wrong spot...sorry these were my words not the previous poster.

On that note outta here.....

#67   2013/07/15 12:09PM
    justjess

Quote On a Clear Day: Good for EB! He's got a right to his opinion. That one lady didn't agree with him so she said she and her hubby would stop watching him on Y&R, just because she has a different opinion?! For heaven's sake.

IKR. Good on EB for speaking out. It's his twitter, he can say what he wants on there.

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list