List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Eric Braeden Speaks Out on Zimmerman/Martin!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: Eric Braeden Speaks Out on Zimmerman/Martin!

Started by le_mustache at 2013/07/14 01:50PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/15 12:09PM, Views: 6564, Replies: 66
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #51   2013/07/14 08:32PM
    Re: Eric Braeden Speaks Out on Zimmerman/Martin!
    MotoMoto24

Zimmerman was found not guilty because he was charge with second degree murder as oppose to manslaughter . With second degree murder the jurors couldn't get pass the reasonable doubt factor. He was found not guilty base on that and that only. If he was charged with manslaughter his arse would be sitting in jail right now.

#52   2013/07/14 08:39PM
    redwhiteblueyo

Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote redwhiteblueyo:
    Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote romeroh:
    EB is wrong. The jury ruled NOT GUILTY! Respect the scales of justice!

Lady Justice is deaf, dumb, and blind. People don't have to respect Jack! The defense proved to the jury that Zimmerman acted in self defense and put the victim (who is dead and can no longer speak for himself) on trial. They made Trayvon out to be the aggressor when he was only a 17 year old boy with a bag of skittles in his pocket, who decided to fight off a man who was stalking him. No, justice wasn't served yesterday. A killer got off Scott free and an innocent boy is still dead. Whatever!

The jury ruled it was self-defense because Martin was the AGGRESSOR. There were witnesses who testified to that fact. Martin assaulted Zimmerman who shot him in self-defense. Martin was no "innocent". This kid has a rap sheet and violent tendencies. Deal with it, Chucky!

Zimmerman stalked Tarvyon Martin while in possession of a concealed weapon and unless I'm mistaken, stalking is a form of AGGRESSION.

When the victim confronted his stalker, he was fatally shot and presumed dead hours later. However, under the "stand your ground" law and other evidence that thinly supported Zimmerman's case, the jurers decided that he was not at fault.

Is this justice? No. It's technicality of the common law. Does it prove Zimmerman innocent of all charges? No. He is a civilian who discharged a firearm on another unarmed civilian. Had he acted in such manner in the state of NY, the prosecutors and the jurers would have found him negligible (or layman terms, guilty).

Sorry, whatever it is you're trying to prove is not working. Please try it with someone less educated.

Zimmerman was not "stalking" as you call it, Chucky. He was PATROLLING as a Member of Neighborhood Watch. It was his duty to protect his community. He was acting in good faith to protect his area which was preyed on by thieves who were breaking & entering into people's homes. Martin matched the description of these criminals and it appeared he was staking out the homes. Keep in mind, Martin had a history of stealing and he was caught with stolen goods at school and suspended for it. He also used drugs.

Zimmerman was armed, as is his Constitutional Right to Bear Arms. Nothing wrong with that!

Martin was loitering in the area and acting suspicious. When Zimmerman confronted him, Martin reacted VIOLENTLY and attacked Zimmerman who was forced to defend himself.

A Jury of his peers examined the evidence and heard all the witness testimony and determined that Zimmerman was NOT GUILTY. Justice was served.

Those are the facts.

#53   2013/07/14 08:42PM
    Chuckyducky

Quote MotoMoto24: Zimmerman was found not guilty because he was charge with second degree murder as oppose to manslaughter . With second degree murder the jurors couldn't get pass the reasonable doubt factor. He was found not guilty base on that and that only. If he was charged with manslaughter his arse would be sitting in jail right now.

Thank you!

And there you have it: a legal technicality set a murderer free.

#54   2013/07/14 08:43PM
    redwhiteblueyo

Quote dixiedawn: I have a comment that some will disagree with. If you go out and patrol your neighborhood would't it be better to carry pepper spray or a stun gun.I know you have a right to own and carry a gun but sometimes you have to use common sense.What if the gun had been taken away from Mr Zimmerman then he would be dead and his family would be greiving right now. I know my spelling is bad.

It depends, Dixie. These criminal are often armed and carry guns. Some Neighborhood Watch workers feel more protected carrying a weapon to defend themselves. They put their lives on the line when they go out there. You never know what kind of criminal you may encountered. Some of these kids are high on drugs and will attack with knives and guns of their own. Better safe than sorry, I say!

#55   2013/07/14 09:00PM
    jlsndallaz

You go Eric Braeden! My love and respect level just went UP for you!!! Thanks for speaking your mind!!!!!

#56   2013/07/14 09:04PM
    cards1

Quote redwhiteblueyo: Let's all keep in mind that Eric Braeden is a German Immigrant to our country.

UNLESS YOU are of Native American Indian heritage WE are ALL descendants of immigrants to the U.S.A.

#57   2013/07/14 09:08PM
    shakayla

Quote le_mustache: Eric Braeden ‏@EBraeden 3h
    For the jurors to be instructed to forget about the context of the tragic events in FL is stunning! Here is a wannabe cop in pursuit of an

Eric Braeden ‏@EBraeden 3h
    An innocent teenager, having been told by the real cops to stop his pursuit, continues anyway, feeling mucho macho bec he has an effing gun,

Then confronts scared teenager, who was the REAL "man"&decides to defend himself, &in ensuing scuffle the "wannabe" gets scared &shoots boy!

Question is: who the f..k started this confrontation?? Wannabe cop did! Don't sell guns to men who question their own manhood!!

Kathie Hernandez ‏@yellowdaisy19 3h
    @EBraeden If you are listening to the news and you didn't listen to the case then you are being completely misinformed!!

Eric Braeden ‏@EBraeden 2h
    @yellowdaisy19 & so do U not so famous person have the right 2 comment. I followed this case carefully & think jurors disregarded context

Harold ‏@HaroldBuck 3h
    @EBraeden Eric, I think you're great, but please, enough. None of us were there when it happened. There was not enough evidence to convict.

@HaroldBuck excuse me?

TMG ‏@ToniGeiselman 2h
    @EBraeden if he started it he should have been prosecuted no one knows so presumed innocent. Yelling on the tape is the case don't know who.

@ToniGeiselman how can one ignore the cops telling him not to approach the victim?? he clearly ignored warning of police!! That's thecontext

Knicker Bocker ◔_◔ ‏@TheArmyVeteran 3h
    @EBraeden he wasn't told by real cops. It was suggested by a 911 dispatcher, who has zero authority. Get the sand out your vagina.

@TheArmyVeteran I won't take your tweet SERIOUSLY (not serious)! Ever study grammar??

Kathie Hernandez ‏@yellowdaisy19 2h
    @EBraeden the difference is you have a voice and yes I am not famous, that's why you should be careful with what you put out there!!

Eric Braeden ‏@EBraeden 1h
    @yellowdaisy19 "be careful"?? you obviously have the SAME right to say on youR twitter what is on YOUR mind!bec I do a soap I don't??

connie caldwell ‏@conniecaldwel17 2h
    @EBraeden CALM DOWN YOUR ACTING LIKE VICTOR NEWMAN

@conniecaldwel17 oh, I'm very calm, Connie! Couldn't be calmer! You have a nice day!

Knicker Bocker ◔_◔ ‏@TheArmyVeteran 1h
    B*tch, fcuk grammar, i'll slap you RT @EBraeden: @TheArmyVeteran I won't take your tweet SERIOUSLY (not serious)! Ever study grammar??

@TheArmyVeteran hahahaha!

Knicker Bocker ◔_◔ ‏@TheArmyVeteran 1h
    Who the fcuk are you anyway. How the fcuk did you get a check you old fart?@EBraeden

@TheArmyVeteran have a great day, boy!! And now I'm going to block your ass!!

Kathy ‏@katusry 1h
    @EBraeden I'm sure you have never lived in a neighborhood where these innocent children break into your home and take what they want.

@katusry kathy, if a single woman or head of family has a gun in house &kills intruder, I completely understand that! But not when wannabe

@katusry wannabe cop goes "hunting"! Different story altogether! Am Not against right to bear arms, but against wholesale selling of them!!

Brenda ‏@BrendaMarieHide 2h
    @EBraeden So sorry you got involved with this. My husband and I love to watch you on tv. No longer.

@BrendaMarieHide well, that's too bad! Have a nice day, Brenda!

Eric Braeden ‏@EBraeden 58m
    Didn't mean to rile people up!! The old Romans used to say: Pax vobiscum! May peace be with you! Appreciate all of you& ur diverse opinions!

:winner Eric Braeden

I ❤ Eric Braeden!

Lol @ people telling him to be quiet. As if! EB takes no crap from anyone! Gotta love him.

#58   2013/07/14 09:10PM
    cards1

Watch means WATCH IMO and if you spot something suspicious, call the PROPER authorities. Not follow a teenager with a drink and skittles and a baggie with weed residue in it. and you can't justify killing someone on what they "might" be doing, or "might" going to do.

Sad a young man lost his life, but It's over now and we must move on. Really feel bad for his parents/family.

#59   2013/07/14 09:11PM
    redwhiteblueyo

Quote cards1:
    Quote redwhiteblueyo: Let's all keep in mind that Eric Braeden is a German Immigrant to our country.

UNLESS YOU are of Native American Indian heritage WE are ALL descendants of immigrants to the U.S.A.

As a matter of fact, I'm 1/8 Cherokee descent.

#60   2013/07/14 09:20PM
    cards1

Quote redwhiteblueyo:
    Quote cards1:

As a matter of fact, I'm 1/8 Cherokee descent.

Well then 7/8 of yourself is also Immigrant to our country to keep in mind.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list