List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Started by Chuckyducky at 2013/07/13 08:06PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/23 04:03PM, Views: 12812, Replies: 267
    « 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 » »| page:
    #81   2013/07/15 01:31PM
    Re: Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!
    hubbardfan

Save your breath, Maja...these people don't 'get it' and never will; the laws aren't stacked against them like they are for us, THEY do all the victimizing (lynchings, etc.), but WE get profiled, stereotyped, and accused of being the 'biggest racists'! Go figure! You're absolutely right, it's all good for them b/c they don't ever have to worry about a son or daughter getting killed for no other reason except the color of their skin. That's why, even though there were 6 women on the jury and 5 were mothers, the MAJORITY OF THEM WERE WHITE and couldn't relate to the Martin family's experience! I'm sure the other one got overruled, we'll never know! RACE is our 237 year-old cancer that's never going away b/c whites continue to deny its existence and refuse to talk about it or own up to any responsibility for it! They dump it all on others! This is what we're up against, and I for one, am sick and tired of it! I refuse to live in fear of some racist heathen w/a gun!I just know this country is in big trouble!

#82   2013/07/15 01:45PM
    maja

Quote hubbardfan: Save your breath, Maja...these people don't 'get it' and never will; the laws aren't stacked against them like they are for us, THEY do all the victimizing (lynchings, etc.), but WE get profiled, stereotyped, and accused of being the 'biggest racists'! Go figure! You're absolutely right, it's all good for them b/c they don't ever have to worry about a son or daughter getting killed for no other reason except the color of their skin. That's why, even though there were 6 women on the jury and 5 were mothers, the MAJORITY OF THEM WERE WHITE and couldn't relate to the Martin family's experience! I'm sure the other one got overruled, we'll never know! RACE is our 237 year-old cancer that's never going away b/c whites continue to deny its existence and refuse to talk about it or own up to any responsibility for it! They dump it all on others! This is what we're up against, and I for one, am sick and tired of it! I refuse to live in fear of some racist heathen w/a gun!I just know this country is in big trouble!

Thank you hubbardfan! It's sad that in 2013 we're still having the same arguments and still fighting for our rights.

#83   2013/07/15 02:07PM
    clicquot1

Michael Vick was one of the best young quarterbacks to play pro ball. He had a very promising career with the Atlanta Falcons and not only could he pass the long ball but he could scramble. He reminded me of the current qb for the 49ers that many of ya'll saw play in the last SB but ther is no comparison to what happened to him and the GZ case!

MV "pleaded" to a lesser charge because the charges against him and three others were Federal crimes because the dog fighting ring crossed state line!

I'm betting his very expensive lawyers advised him to do this!

He pleaded guilty to dogfighting(funding because it was his $$$$$$ that was used, betting, watching)& playing a role in executing dogs!

For this federal crime he got 21 months and 2 months under house arrest!
    MV served his time for doing the crime and changed and he now mentors youth about the dangers of dogfighting!

He was able to go back to pro football and play for several years with the Philadelphia Eagles. He is no longer with that team and I'm not sure if he is with another team, yet or will retire!

I'm not really sure why MV was even brought into this thread!

And just for the record IMO GZ should have served some time but I was not on the jury and had no say!

#84   2013/07/15 02:20PM
    hubbardfan

[quote Clicquot1]:>I'm not really sure why MV was even brought into this thread!<

Huh???? Where did this come from?

#85   2013/07/15 05:25PM
    Barbyboo

How does o j play on this he was set free alot thought he was guilty that's why he had civil suit against him..wouldn't I his civil suit be the same? Two life's lost. ...we must accept courts verdict or we would be uncivilized people ..we have laws trials. And outcomes.. I think all people should be treated the same everyone is equal it's the United States..the best country in the world..no racism in my eyes all people are equal and I hate all this yuck hack back in forth..this is a soap board we are alll friends...we all have our opinions. I don't even know who mike Vic was and his dogs but if he repented and helps kids thats great....

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/15 05:30PM
    #86   2013/07/15 06:20PM
    Day-One-Fan

Fact and truthful
    Another fact if I had a gun I would not be screaming for help, Trayvon's last words were screams for help.

#87   2013/07/15 06:31PM
    Day-One-Fan

You fell for the okie dokie, and I pray for George to that he gets what he deserves bleeping murder.

#88   2013/07/15 06:33PM
    Day-One-Fan

No George started the whole race thing with his 911 call

#89   2013/07/15 06:35PM
    Calmie

Mike Vicks name came up because he killed his dogs(Which was a brutal thing to do) AND HE GOT YEARS IN PRISON. GZ took someone life an he got AWAY SCOTCH FREE.

#90   2013/07/15 06:38PM
    Calmie

Quote Barbyboo: How does o j play on this he was set free alot thought he was guilty that's why he had civil suit against him..wouldn't I his civil suit be the same? Two life's lost. ...we must accept courts verdict or we would be uncivilized people ..we have laws trials. And outcomes.. I think all people should be treated the same everyone is equal it's the United States..the best country in the world..no racism in my eyes all people are equal and I hate all this yuck hack back in forth..this is a soap board we are alll friends...we all have our opinions. I don't even know who mike Vic was and his dogs but if he repented and helps kids thats great....

Yes, keep on dreaming, no racism in this country? Since the president took office, it came more. The leopard couldn't hide their spots any longer.

« 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list