List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Started by Chuckyducky at 2013/07/13 08:06PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/23 04:03PM, Views: 12784, Replies: 267
    « 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 page:
    #261   2013/07/23 10:02AM
    Re: Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!
    trinilisa

P.S.: I meant to say minimize responsibility rather than minimize involvement.

#262   2013/07/23 10:04AM
    TARHEELS

I don't think this is the proper venue for this discussion.

#263   2013/07/23 10:59AM
    AdrianeG

Quote Scotia: Trinilisa,,thank,you for your post. Although I may not agree with all your post, I find you at lease,the sound of some reason in all of this.

I am Canadian and served in a jury here many years,ago. In Canada, unlike in the U.S. jury members,are forbidden to discuss a trial they are involved in, either before, during or after said trial. It is against t he law.

However, having said that, in the trial I was involved in,,to be honest we wished we could find both sides,guilty because,there were problems on both sides, so as such, we had no option but to find the defendant not guilty.

This is just my opinion, and experience with a case in Canada. I know our laws are different from the U.S. laws, I am just sharing my experience.

I did not watch this case on TV, so I don't feel I am justified in giving a guilty/not guilty opinion, I am just relaying my experiences! Because I didn't watch this trial, I haven't posted on this topic,,but I just felt I had to add some thoughts.,

In,adding this post, I hope I haven't offended anyone, it isn't my intention. I am totally non committal, hopefully!

With different backgrounds and life experiences behind each of us there will always be peeps who agree and disagree, are offended, not offended, on EVERY topic, so don't sweat it.

I don’t see neither person here as faultless. A situation that should have been handled with verbal communication from both sides, escalated in physical violence. While, TM is not here to verify the fact, GZ and Rachel Jeantel both agree on one thing, TM threw the first punch. It is a grey area as to why. (he could have felt he was in danger and wanted to get the first blow in; we don't know). But it started the physical confrontation which ensued and caused GZ to pull out his gun and shoot TM, out of fear for his life. (per his account)

2nd degree murder is a high charge to convict someone of.
    The unlawful killing, of a human being by another, with malice aforethough.

Malice aforethought is the key here, I just don't see how any jury could say "beyond a reasonable doubt" that GZ's had the conscious intent to cause death or great bodily harm to TM when he approached him.

Definition of reasonable doubt: It is the state of the case, which, after the entire comparison and consideration of all the evidence, leaves the minds of jurors in that condition that they cannot say they feel an abiding conviction, to a moral certainty, of the truth of the charge

I don't know for certain but I think Zimmerman might have been have been convicted of a lessor charge, if the prosecutors had used one.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/23 11:04AM
    #264   2013/07/23 11:52AM
    trinilisa

Quote AdrianeG:
    Quote Scotia: Trinilisa,,thank,you for your post. Although I may not agree with all your post, I find you at lease,the sound of some reason in all of this.

I am Canadian and served in a jury here many years,ago. In Canada, unlike in the U.S. jury members,are forbidden to discuss a trial they are involved in, either before, during or after said trial. It is against t he law.

However, having said that, in the trial I was involved in,,to be honest we wished we could find both sides,guilty because,there were problems on both sides, so as such, we had no option but to find the defendant not guilty.

This is just my opinion, and experience with a case in Canada. I know our laws are different from the U.S. laws, I am just sharing my experience.

I did not watch this case on TV, so I don't feel I am justified in giving a guilty/not guilty opinion, I am just relaying my experiences! Because I didn't watch this trial, I haven't posted on this topic,,but I just felt I had to add some thoughts.,

In,adding this post, I hope I haven't offended anyone, it isn't my intention. I am totally non committal, hopefully!

With different backgrounds and life experiences behind each of us there will always be peeps who agree and disagree, are offended, not offended, on EVERY topic, so don't sweat it.

I don’t see neither person here as faultless. A situation that should have been handled with verbal communication from both sides, escalated in physical violence. While, TM is not here to verify the fact, GZ and Rachel Jeantel both agree on one thing, TM threw the first punch. It is a grey area as to why. (he could have felt he was in danger and wanted to get the first blow in; we don't know). But it started the physical confrontation which ensued and caused GZ to pull out his gun and shoot TM, out of fear for his life. (per his account)

2nd degree murder is a high charge to convict someone of.
    The unlawful killing, of a human being by another, with malice aforethough.

Malice aforethought is the key here, I just don't see how any jury could say "beyond a reasonable doubt" that GZ's had the conscious intent to cause death or great bodily harm to TM when he approached him.

Definition of reasonable doubt: It is the state of the case, which, after the entire comparison and consideration of all the evidence, leaves the minds of jurors in that condition that they cannot say they feel an abiding conviction, to a moral certainty, of the truth of the charge

I don't know for certain but I think Zimmerman might have been have been convicted of a lessor charge, if the prosecutors had used one.

I've often thought about that. I don't know a lot about lesser charges, but wouldn't manslaughter have perhaps been a better charge to go for, especially since it's so unclear what "really" happened...TM feeling in fear for his life because he felt that GZ was following him...TM throwing the first punch because he thought GZ was following and wanted to do something to him...GZ shooting because he felt in fear for his life...so many theories are plausable...Imho, it's such a grey area because the other party involved is deceased. I do agree that verbal communication could have prevented such a senseless tragedy...I'm not sure there's a clear-cut opinion (not to me anyway) as to who was right or wrong...things should have been done differently.

#265   2013/07/23 12:19PM
    Barbyboo

It's over. Not guilty. Two words why don't people get it?

#266   2013/07/23 02:00PM
    missgaht

This is not over and will never be over until America changes for the better. Bottom line George Zimmerman's irresponsible actions set in motion a series of events that lead to the death of an innocent teenager. We are all Trayvon Martin. What happened to Trayvon can happen to YOU and your CHILDREN. Remember that. If you think that this couldn't happen to YOU, you are sadly mistaken. IMO people who are on a neighbor watch should never carry a weapon. The reason GZ got out of the car is because he had a weapon and was not in fear of his life. Why in the world would you get out of your car if you think this person might be a criminal? If anything you try to get the hell away and wait for law enforcement. GZ's story just doesn't make sense and if it doesn't make sense then it is not true. If GZ was a responsible person he would not have had a gun and he would have done what 911 told him to do which was stop following Trayvon. If it were not for GZ's irresponsible behaviors/actions Trayvon would still be here today period. You might not care yet you need to because YOU COULD BE NEXT!!!!

#267   2013/07/23 02:56PM
    BoldBeauty

Quote Barbyboo: It's over. Not guilty. Two words why don't people get it?

How simple would those two words be for you if it were your child or your loved one? How would you feel if all you had to go on was the word of the man who took your child's life? Would it be that easy for you to just take his word for it and let it go knowing there was only that person and your son? I know many say this is a racially motivated case but for me it isn't about race. For me it is a mother thing. Knowing that the last thing your child felt was fear and he died in such a painful manner. As a parent you want to protect your kids. You think of that child you shared a body with for nine months all of those memories get overshadowed by the fact that your child died,alone and in such pain. That isn't something you would wish on your worst enemy. Then he was a toe tagged John Doe tucked away like he didn't matter. These are the memories that you are left with. All the hopes you had for your son are gone. Those monumental moments in your child's life that he will never get, Senior prom,graduation, college, marriage and grandchildren. You know your child will never have those and when you see other children enjoying those moments you will be reminded of that loss like it just happened that very moment. The pain you feel when other parents are going to visit their kids at college you are going to visit yours at the cemetery Losing a child is like losing part of yourself and it doesn't matter how old the child is he was still their baby and that is a pain that never truly heals. I have three boys and I can't imagine the pain but I do know that I would want to know that everything that could have been done was done, I would want to know my child mattered and I would want to know every detail down to the smallest doesn't matter how small the detail was I would want to know especially when it could have been avoided.

#268   2013/07/23 04:03PM
    Barbyboo

Some neighborhood watch programs do stop crime..all these facts are miss mash we gets bits and pieces..god knows. But I keep saying why so much publicity over one case? What about others ? Whites get robbed raped and killed every day where's the press? All should be equal

« 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list