List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Started by Chuckyducky at 2013/07/13 08:06PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/23 04:03PM, Views: 11901, Replies: 267
    « 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 » »| page:
    #191   2013/07/20 03:11AM
    Re: Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!
    Homesick Cajun

I am, today, very grateful that I never had children.

#192   2013/07/20 04:56AM
    Barbyboo

Obama was very sincere at news conference hope people pay attention.. But I still feel we don't know all that transpired the jury said not guilty they must have had reasons I just think we haveto trust our legal system without it were dead meat

#193   2013/07/20 06:05AM
    deceived

Rallies for Trayvon justice today...

#194   2013/07/20 08:27AM
    shalaydra75

Quote Barbyboo: Obama was very sincere at news conference hope people pay attention.. But I still feel we don't know all that transpired the jury said not guilty they must have had reasons I just think we haveto trust our legal system without it were dead meat

If propertless white men trusted the legal system before 1830s, they still be disfranchised. If white women trusted the legal before 1920, they you still be disfranchised. If blacks would have trusted legal system we would be disfranchised and segregated. (I am black.) If we do not vote as we did in 2010, we will be disfranchised and will have to say yes sir and no sir to any non AA who approach us. For a democracy to work, people must fight for their rights.

Baryboo, I do not what happened in jury room, but I do know that the juror said a few coded statements. Most noted she called protest marches riots. What I do know that GZ made several key inconsistent statements. What I know is that 911 operator told GZ not to get out of his car.

#195   2013/07/20 08:35AM
    shalaydra75

If they have to select a jury from FL I think TM's family would have the same outcome. I hope the DOJ file a civil rights suit against him.

#196   2013/07/20 09:31AM
    AdrianeG

Quote shalaydra75: If they have to select a jury from FL I think TM's family would have the same outcome. I hope the DOJ file a civil rights suit against him.

According to a high level criminal lawyer, " a single person cannot violate the civil rights of another unless they work for the local, state, or federal government. So, he says, Zimmerman couldn’t have violated the civil rights of Trayvon Martin"

#197   2013/07/20 11:35AM
    Barbyboo

Quote shalaydra75:
    Quote Barbyboo: Obama was very sincere at news conference hope people pay attention.. But I still feel we don't know all that transpired the jury said not guilty they must have had reasons I just think we haveto trust our legal system without it were dead meat

If propertless white men trusted the legal system before 1830s, they still be disfranchised. If white women trusted the legal before 1920, they you still be disfranchised. If blacks would have trusted legal system we would be disfranchised and segregated. (I am black.) If we do not vote as we did in 2010, we will be disfranchised and will have to say yes sir and no sir to any non AA who approach us. For a democracy to work, people must fight for their rights.

Baryboo, I do not what happened in jury room, but I do know that the juror said a few coded statements. Most noted she called protest marches riots. What I do know that GZ made several key inconsistent statements. What I know is that 911 operator told GZ not to get out of his car.

True he's not a cop

#198   2013/07/20 11:48AM
    Skyemichelle

What needs to happen is that everyone needs to just SHUT UP about it and let this poor boy rest in peace. Nothing is going to come out of these protests and marches. Let it go.

#199   2013/07/20 12:38PM
    shoozeyque

Quote FL senior fan: Surprised, but the charges did not fit the incident. Lots of blame being placed on "outside sources" for GZ arrest after Sanford Police initially ruled it self-defense, no case.
    GLAD IT'S OVER FOR US; WILL NEVER BE FOR BOTH FAMILIES.

Lots of "what if's" being said on TV now; What if GZ had not gotten out of his car; but then What If TM had not been here because he was expelled from school for fighting? Just saying...it was not cut and dry...good presentation by both State and Defense. Wonder how the Home Owner's Assn. feels now that they settled with Martin's for $1.2Million, with Jury ruling not guilty? Also heard thru a friend in Sanford that so many of those Condo/Townhomes immediately went on the market after this incident, because of criminal behavior and robberies. I followed the trial and felt it could go either way...both sides (Attys) did their jobs well.

_________

I agree with what you said 100%. The verdict was fair and just. The prosecution could not prove their case. It was overcharged. If they perhaps brought manslaughter charges, the verdict might have turned out differently. There's a 100 what if's. We don't know. We don't know what really happened. One person is dead. One person will have to spend the rest of his life living in fear.

It brings to light the question of - if you were confronted by someone who you thought was a threat to your life, would you stand your ground, to defend yourself if you feel your life is being put in danger?

They say GZ can have his gun back. He's crazy if he takes it back. On the flip side, with all the death threats against him and his family, it might not be such a bad idea to have it for protection, which probably starts the whole cycle over again and not in a good way. He's probably going to have to change his looks and change his name and start all over again somewhere else if he expects to find any kind of gainful employment.

As an aside and after thought, sometimes I wonder with all the profiling that may or may not be going on, whether these kids are just goading people into making a violent move just to cause trouble. JMHO. Just saying...

This could go on forever in discussions with no end in sight.

There's another Florida case ready to go to trial in September that is very eerily similar to the George Zimmerman case where a white guy shot and killed a teenage black boy who was in a SUV with several of his friends. Stay tuned for that one. I'd like to see how this turns out with a verdict.

If somebody breaks into your house and threatens you and your family with violence or threatens your life, do you not have the right to protect yourself and your home against the home invader?

I'm just speaking generally. It seems nowadays the

It's getting to the point

#200   2013/07/20 12:45PM
    vickidink

Quote shalaydra75: If they have to select a jury from FL I think TM's family would have the same outcome. I hope the DOJ file a civil rights suit against him.

what is with Florida bashing - this trial and verdict could have happened anywhere - the case was not a stand your ground case - it was a self defense case - even TM's parents and attorneys said it was not about race And there are stand your ground laws (even though not relevant in this case) in a lot of other states - race was not the issue in this case - GM took black girl to his prom - he mentored black children - his best friend is black - FBI has interviewed hundreds of people and not one has said he is racist - enough Florida bashing already !!

« 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list