List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Started by Chuckyducky at 2013/07/13 08:06PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/23 04:03PM, Views: 12987, Replies: 267
    « 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 » »| page:
    #171   2013/07/18 09:23AM
    Re: Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!
    Barbyboo

Pass strictor gun laws. Too many guns what the heck they can't even pass background checks..there should e a limit on years served in senate and house. All these grumpy fighting reps been there too long

#172   2013/07/18 10:01AM
    vickidink

Quote chancegirl:
    Quote vickidink:
    Quote Sundayluv:
    Quote vickidink: Heard on the news this evening that the statistics show that more blacks have benefitted from the stand your ground law than anyone else and besides that the stand your ground defense wasn't used in the gz/tm trial so why are they fighting about that?

It's really a shame that you would result to lying to prove a point. Black men are 300% more likely of being victims of stand your ground and over 200 % likely to be victims in non-stand your ground states as opposed to white counterparts.

No, it's really a shame that you would call me a liar. Read below:

As the Daily Caller reports, at least in Florida, blacks have been the beneficiary of stand your ground defense:

But approximately one third of Florida "Stand Your Ground" claims in fatal cases have been made by black defendants, and they have used the defense successfully 55 percent of the time, at the same rate as the population at large and at a higher rate than white defendants, according to a Daily Caller analysis of a database maintained by the Tampa Bay Times. Additionally, the majority of victims in Florida "Stand Your Ground" cases have been white.

African Americans used "Stand Your Ground" defenses at nearly twice the rate of their presence in the Florida population, which was listed at 16.6 percent in 2012.

One hundred thirty three people in the state of Florida have used a "Stand Your Ground" defense. Of these claims, 73 were considered "justified" (55 percent), while 39 resulted in criminal convictions and 21 cases are still pending.
    Forty four African Americans in the state of Florida have claimed a "Stand Your Ground" defense. Of these claims, 24 were considered "justified" (55 percent), while 11 resulted in convictions and nine cases are still pending.

Of the 76 white people who have used the defense, 40 were considered "justified" (less than 53 percent), while 25 were convicted and 11 cases are still pending.

Ten Hispanics have used the defense, seven of them successfully, according to the database, which included George Zimmerman as a "Stand Your Ground" defendant

Florida's "Stand Your Ground" cases have resulted in 78 white victims against 40 black victims, including Martin, and 10 Hispanic victims.

Despite the effort by some liberal groups to manufacture statistics, the only sure thing about stand your ground laws is that hundreds, perhaps thousands of people nationwide are alive today - and out of jail - because of this "senseless" expansion of self defense. George Zimmerman did not invoke a "stand your ground" defense - he didn't have to. But for those who do, the Tampa Bay Tribune database proves that the law is working as intended.

Read more: www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/07/holder_stand_your_ground_has_got_to_go.html...
    Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Um, so no, more blacks do not use stand your ground. Maybe you should read the entire article. 40 plus blacks have used it while 70 plus whites have.

Um, so, I didn't say more used it: As the Daily Caller reports, at least in Florida, blacks have been the beneficiary of stand your ground defense:

But approximately one third of Florida "Stand Your Ground" claims in fatal cases have been made by black defendants, and they have used the defense successfully 55 percent of the time, at the same rate as the population at large and at a higher rate than white defendants[/I], according to a Daily Caller analysis of a database maintained by the Tampa Bay Times. Additionally, the majority of victims in Florida "Stand Your Ground" cases have been white.

#173   2013/07/18 02:22PM
    Barbyboo

Parents on Anderson cooper he got a exclusive...might be interesting . Guess they are getting ready to civil suit z

#174   2013/07/18 06:14PM
    shalaydra75

Quote Barbyboo: I think the stand your ground in Florida will be reviewed I don't know how many states have it.. A juror said. She didn't think z was prejudice person we don't know all the facts and we never will. But the thing I don't understand and guess I don't get it is if tray on was white or Hispanic would we even be discussing it..I see in nearby paterson new kids getting hurt all the time by black gang members and I see no TV coverage marches etc. I just don't think this is the way to express anger the fires looting fighting only makes people look and say not american way..look at poor Newark parents are loosing children by stray gang fighting, little angels in heaven innocent babies dead...what's going onis very bad..should we crucify an man proven innocent where does it stop.? Maybe we need cities to crack down on crime but with government tighten budget al these police dept are cut to bone not right too much poverty yet we send money to all these countries that hate us and cut back on school lunches for poor, what's the deal...our taxes should go to usa not. Syra Iraq and forge in countries I don't even know where they are. Republicans bash food stamps some people need help not the scammers but poor depressed American people something is not right. But this one case went to jury not guilty that's the verdict

I bet gang members who killed whites were thrown in prison. There was another black gunned by a white man who used stand your ground. He was arrested; therefore, there was no outcry.

Name one instance where there has been looting and burning during TM' marches.

#175   2013/07/18 06:57PM
    Lapcat55

Quote Barbyboo: Pass strictor gun laws. Too many guns what the heck they can't even pass background checks..there should e a limit on years served in senate and house. All these grumpy fighting reps been there too long

Term limits can be invoked easily by not voting the same people in public office year after year conservative, liberal or libertarian.

My motto is: If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got, and you'll always feel what you always felt.

If you don't vote don't complain. Don't be a low information voter. So many people that I work with are totally clueless in what is going on the world, but they can tell you everything about the Kardashian's and Honey BOO BOO and when the next Vampire movie is coming out on DVD. Most don't even know who their congress or house representative are. It is just sad to see Americans with that little interest in the well being of the greatest country in the world....USA.

Chicago has the strictest gun laws of any city and tell me how that has helped the crime rate there. Why don't the race baiters spend their pent up energies helping innocent people killed every day in Chicago.

No matter how strict the gun laws are criminals will always have illegal guns. Do you actually think that criminals will line up like good little citizens and register or hand their guns over to authorities...get real. Enforcing the laws that we have would be a great place to start.

#176   2013/07/18 07:36PM
    vickidink

Quote Lapcat55:
    Quote Barbyboo: Pass strictor gun laws. Too many guns what the heck they can't even pass background checks..there should e a limit on years served in senate and house. All these grumpy fighting reps been there too long

Term limits can be invoked easily by not voting the same people in public office year after year conservative, liberal or libertarian.

My motto is: If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got, and you'll always feel what you always felt.

If you don't vote don't complain. Don't be a low information voter. So many people that I work with are totally clueless in what is going on the world, but they can tell you everything about the Kardashian's and Honey BOO BOO and when the next Vampire movie is coming out on DVD. Most don't even know who their congress or house representative are. It is just sad to see Americans with that little interest in the well being of the greatest country in the world....USA.

Chicago has the strictest gun laws of any city and tell me how that has helped the crime rate there. Why don't the race baiters spend their pent up energies helping innocent people killed every day in Chicago.

No matter how strict the gun laws are criminals will always have illegal guns. Do you actually think that criminals will line up like good little citizens and register or hand their guns over to authorities...get real. Enforcing the laws that we have would be a great place to start.

I totally agree with everything you said in your post.

#177   2013/07/18 09:12PM
    shalaydra75

Quote Lapcat55:

Criminals from Chicago purchase guns in Indiana. That why is local gun laws are ineffective. Federal gun laws are needed.

#178   2013/07/19 09:17AM
    hotspice58

GZ if half Hispanic/half white. His father is a white judge. An AA woman shot a gun, trying to get out of an abusive situation, didn't hurt anyone, used Stand Your Ground, and got 25 years. Why is that? A white man with a gun stands in front of a house with an AA family; cops do nothing. White high school kids with beer chase an AA kid, white cops do nothing. Who's race-baiting? Blacks are responding to the treatment we've gotten over the years.

#179   2013/07/19 10:35AM
    justme1015

Quote hotspice58: GZ if half Hispanic/half white. His father is a white judge. An AA woman shot a gun, trying to get out of an abusive situation, didn't hurt anyone, used Stand Your Ground, and got 25 years. Why is that? A white man with a gun stands in front of a house with an AA family; cops do nothing. White high school kids with beer chase an AA kid, white cops do nothing. Who's race-baiting? Blacks are responding to the treatment we've gotten over the years.

The reason the SYG rule didn't apply in this case was because the woman had a restraining order against her husband, thought he was gone, went into the house to get some of her things and he was there. They had an argument and she went outside to her car, got her gun, but then returned inside the home. Even though she didn't hit anyone when firing the gun, the fact is... because she went back in willingly, knowing she was putting herself in danger, she couldn't claim SYG.

#180   2013/07/19 09:02PM
    shalaydra75

Quote justme1015:
    Quote hotspice58: GZ if half Hispanic/half white. His father is a white judge. An AA woman shot a gun, trying to get out of an abusive situation, didn't hurt anyone, used Stand Your Ground, and got 25 years. Why is that? A white man with a gun stands in front of a house with an AA family; cops do nothing. White high school kids with beer chase an AA kid, white cops do nothing. Who's race-baiting? Blacks are responding to the treatment we've gotten over the years.

The reason the SYG rule didn't apply in this case was because the woman had a restraining order against her husband, thought he was gone, went into the house to get some of her things and he was there. They had an argument and she went outside to her car, got her gun, but then returned inside the home. Even though she didn't hit anyone when firing the gun, the fact is... because she went back in willingly, knowing she was putting herself in danger, she couldn't claim SYG.

The real bottom line is that in Marissa's case no one was injuried. GZ overstepped his bounds when he got out of his vehicle which resulted in a teenager's death.

« 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list