List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Started by Chuckyducky at 2013/07/13 08:06PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/23 04:03PM, Views: 12674, Replies: 267
    « 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 » »| page:
    #161   2013/07/17 07:25PM
    Re: Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!
    Barbyboo

Quote acec: Zimmerman is guilty,he no what he did.he got out of his car to follow Martin,he provoked the whole ordeal.Zimmerman may have escaped the law,but what kind of life will he live.even if he marry and have children years later,who's to say someone wont bump off his kid out of spite.He will never have a peace of mind from his actions.To the ones who set him free,May God have mercy on your souls.Now Zimmerman got his gun back only to kill more kids and now he can always say someone came after him.The law just gave him the rights to keep killing...its so sad.

We're you there ? No one will ever know only god but god don't want all this hate stirred up

#162   2013/07/17 07:29PM
    Barbyboo

Quote hubbardfan: [quote Sundayluv]:If your world doesn't include Black people then you dont know what it is like AT ALL therefore your perception is skewed. Point blank period. Everyday Black people can see into the lives of White people be it TV, at work, history, literature, in neighborhood, movies, soap operas, etc. White people dont have that same insight into Black people's live unless they seek it. You dont understand us or our problems so dont tell us how to feel or think. I love you all because we all enjoy Y&R and get to debate respectfully about our favorite and least favorite storylines and characters, but White people have benefited from our oppression. Its the truth! But its not the End.

Beautifully stated! I've been reading comments online and we are being characterized as 'ignorant, lazy morons/idiots'; 'uneducated/uninformed welfare recipients' 'too stupid to understand/know the law', etc.; THIS is the mentality that white folks have of us, yet they wonder where our anger and outrage comes from, and they call US racists who are perpetuating the hate! We've always had to walk a fine line bet. THEIR WORLD and OUR REALITY! It gets old and tiresome after awhile and it needs to stop!

Not a
    L people are prejudice that's horrible to think its 2013 ..but there's marches and riots and burning don't set a good example for black or white children's, they don't have prejudice. They play together they don't understand all these looting in strreets and I don't either..

#163   2013/07/17 07:31PM
    vickidink

Heard on the news this evening that the statistics show that more blacks have benefitted from the stand your ground law than anyone else and besides that the stand your ground defense wasn't used in the gz/tm trial so why are they fighting about that?

#164   2013/07/17 07:43PM
    vickidink

Not all white people think of or call blacks lazy or stupid etc so please when talking about white people use the word "some" in front of "white". there are good and bad people of all races and we shouldn't lump them all in the same category. Race and religion will always keep humans fighting against each other and that is a shame. PEACE AND LOVE TO ALL OF YOU NO MATTER YOUR RACE.

#165   2013/07/17 08:22PM
    Sundayluv

Quote vickidink: Heard on the news this evening that the statistics show that more blacks have benefitted from the stand your ground law than anyone else and besides that the stand your ground defense wasn't used in the gz/tm trial so why are they fighting about that?

It's really a shame that you would result to lying to prove a point. Black men are 300% more likely of being victims of stand your ground and over 200 % likely to be victims in non-stand your ground states as opposed to white counterparts.

#166   2013/07/17 09:14PM
    vickidink

Quote Sundayluv:
    Quote vickidink: Heard on the news this evening that the statistics show that more blacks have benefitted from the stand your ground law than anyone else and besides that the stand your ground defense wasn't used in the gz/tm trial so why are they fighting about that?

It's really a shame that you would result to lying to prove a point. Black men are 300% more likely of being victims of stand your ground and over 200 % likely to be victims in non-stand your ground states as opposed to white counterparts.

No, it's really a shame that you would call me a liar. Read below:

As the Daily Caller reports, at least in Florida, blacks have been the beneficiary of stand your ground defense:

But approximately one third of Florida "Stand Your Ground" claims in fatal cases have been made by black defendants, and they have used the defense successfully 55 percent of the time, at the same rate as the population at large and at a higher rate than white defendants, according to a Daily Caller analysis of a database maintained by the Tampa Bay Times. Additionally, the majority of victims in Florida "Stand Your Ground" cases have been white.

African Americans used "Stand Your Ground" defenses at nearly twice the rate of their presence in the Florida population, which was listed at 16.6 percent in 2012.

One hundred thirty three people in the state of Florida have used a "Stand Your Ground" defense. Of these claims, 73 were considered "justified" (55 percent), while 39 resulted in criminal convictions and 21 cases are still pending.
    Forty four African Americans in the state of Florida have claimed a "Stand Your Ground" defense. Of these claims, 24 were considered "justified" (55 percent), while 11 resulted in convictions and nine cases are still pending.

Of the 76 white people who have used the defense, 40 were considered "justified" (less than 53 percent), while 25 were convicted and 11 cases are still pending.

Ten Hispanics have used the defense, seven of them successfully, according to the database, which included George Zimmerman as a "Stand Your Ground" defendant

Florida's "Stand Your Ground" cases have resulted in 78 white victims against 40 black victims, including Martin, and 10 Hispanic victims.

Despite the effort by some liberal groups to manufacture statistics, the only sure thing about stand your ground laws is that hundreds, perhaps thousands of people nationwide are alive today - and out of jail - because of this "senseless" expansion of self defense. George Zimmerman did not invoke a "stand your ground" defense - he didn't have to. But for those who do, the Tampa Bay Tribune database proves that the law is working as intended.

Read more: www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/07/holder_stand_your_ground_has_got_to_go.html...
    Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

#167   2013/07/18 08:28AM
    Barbyboo

Who commits more crimes white Hispanics or blacks. Does anyone have the numbers? Poverty brings crime yet we send all our tax money over seas it's disgusting...we need jobs...people work they don't have to steal

#168   2013/07/18 08:55AM
    chancegirl

Quote vickidink:
    Quote Sundayluv:

No, it's really a shame that you would call me a liar. Read below:

As the Daily Caller reports, at least in Florida, blacks have been the beneficiary of stand your ground defense:

But approximately one third of Florida "Stand Your Ground" claims in fatal cases have been made by black defendants, and they have used the defense successfully 55 percent of the time, at the same rate as the population at large and at a higher rate than white defendants, according to a Daily Caller analysis of a database maintained by the Tampa Bay Times. Additionally, the majority of victims in Florida "Stand Your Ground" cases have been white.

African Americans used "Stand Your Ground" defenses at nearly twice the rate of their presence in the Florida population, which was listed at 16.6 percent in 2012.

One hundred thirty three people in the state of Florida have used a "Stand Your Ground" defense. Of these claims, 73 were considered "justified" (55 percent), while 39 resulted in criminal convictions and 21 cases are still pending.
    Forty four African Americans in the state of Florida have claimed a "Stand Your Ground" defense. Of these claims, 24 were considered "justified" (55 percent), while 11 resulted in convictions and nine cases are still pending.

Of the 76 white people who have used the defense, 40 were considered "justified" (less than 53 percent), while 25 were convicted and 11 cases are still pending.

Ten Hispanics have used the defense, seven of them successfully, according to the database, which included George Zimmerman as a "Stand Your Ground" defendant

Florida's "Stand Your Ground" cases have resulted in 78 white victims against 40 black victims, including Martin, and 10 Hispanic victims.

Despite the effort by some liberal groups to manufacture statistics, the only sure thing about stand your ground laws is that hundreds, perhaps thousands of people nationwide are alive today - and out of jail - because of this "senseless" expansion of self defense. George Zimmerman did not invoke a "stand your ground" defense - he didn't have to. But for those who do, the Tampa Bay Tribune database proves that the law is working as intended.

Read more: www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/07/holder_stand_your_ground_has_got_to_go.html...
    Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Um, so no, more blacks do not use stand your ground. Maybe you should read the entire article. 40 plus blacks have used it while 70 plus whites have.

#169   2013/07/18 09:15AM
    On a Clear Day

Quote trinilisa: One thing I have to say that angered me was when Zimmerman's defense attorney (Mark O'mera?) told the jury to find him not guilty so that he could get back to his life. And I thought seriously?!?!?! Trayvon and his family will never be able to get back to their lives! I felt that O'mera(sp?) showed disregard for a dead boy's life; he will never have a life to get back to.
    The way the case was presented, imho, I thought that he would at least get manslaughter. I didn't expect him to get away scott free...

I kind of expected some kind of culpability for Zimmerman as well. From what the first juror has said, a lot of the jurors did feel Zimmerman used poor judgement and should not have started trouble....but then the kicker is once the guy he is following realizes there's a creepy guy following him so he stands his ground and fights him, GZ gets the final trump card blowing the kid away, standing his ground and claiming self defense. So even though GZ set up and perpetuated the situation profiling the teen as a burgler, the guy still alive who can tell his story says he was the weakest one in the fight so he had to use self defense and should be exonerated. Trayvon Martin was probably using self defense too against a creepy guy confronting him. How do we know GZ didn't let him know he had a gun or that TM saw he was packing heat and maybe feared for his life? Unfortunately the dead guy can't tell his story. It's like the wild west now with so many people packing heat.

Just recently I had a crazy guy jump into the front seat of my car at a gas station and say he had a gun. My first instinct was to hit him, push him and yell at him to get him out. I beat on the guy yelling and hitting him while putting the car in gear and starting to drive forward with his feet hanging half out. Fortunately he took off and when the cops got him he did not really have a gun. But my point is, I felt scared and started hitting the guy to get him away and maybe that was Trayvon's initial fear when GZ was after him. There are so many nuts out there, it's an instinct to lash out to try to get away or stop a crazy person from possibly hurting you.
    In a subdivision I used to live in we had a an overzellous cop wanna be on patrol too. He had PTSD Vietnam flash backs and he wandered around with a gun halting people. Residents called the police on him, and the HOA told him to stop. Finally he was told to stop by police and became mad and assaulted one of them and was sent to jail. He was banned from the subdivision and even the county once he was released. Anyway, I bet GZ's HOA did not know he was following and questioning people with a gun. Look what trouble it caused.

Is the only take away from this now that we have to arm our teenagers with guns instead of Skittles? We must carry a bigger gun than the other guy's gun?

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/18 09:24AM
    #170   2013/07/18 09:23AM
    Brooksie82

Amen to that. Mankind will always find a difference to raise themselves above another people and use it as an excuse to be indifferent towards them. If we were all born, female, blue eyes, 5'5, 140lbs, brown hair shoulder length combed to the left side and wore the same clothes, we would still hate and fight and be standoffish towards others based on something else. Maybe because some are good at something and others aren't. Or some are this income level or this religion and others are not. We HAVE to find a way to be better than others. Its totally selfish, prideful and a ridiculous waste of time, thought and energy. Love should prevail and we should embrace each others uniqueness not shun it.

« 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list