List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Started by Chuckyducky at 2013/07/13 08:06PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/23 04:03PM, Views: 12815, Replies: 267
    « 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 » »| page:
    #131   2013/07/16 11:26AM
    Re: Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!
    misterr

Quote chipper1025: 4 black teens beat to death a white 36 year old Iraq veteran. Where's the outrage? Lets stop acting like racism is a one way street.

ITA.

#132   2013/07/16 11:30AM
    Wingsprint

I respect the jurys decision and I followed very closley
    the facts presented and would have come to the same not guilty verdict. This is tragic for both Zimmermans and
    Travons family. I liked what Martin Luther Kings daughter
    said that this should not be based on race.
    I think the Obama administration is using this for
    political reasons the justice dept. already said there was no basis for a hate crime end of story also the media
    has been race bating this story I wish for peace and pray
    for all.

#133   2013/07/16 11:38AM
    trinilisa

Quote chancegirl: After hearing the juror who has come forward I am even more upset by the verdict. If it was so confusing for them, as she said, then they should have asked more questions. Her interview left me with more questions than answers. People are in denial about racism and it breaks my heart. How ironic that there is so much in the media with big brother, tray owns case and the fruitvale station movie opening. I am going to see it but read that it's really hard to watch.

First, let me say again that this is a tragedy, and both families will never be the same. It didn't have to end this way...with the death of a person. Trayvon Martin was a person first imho.
    I saw a bit of that interview (if it's the same one we're talking about) on Dr Drew On Call on HLN, but I didn't see the whole interview. When she was asked about TM's girlfriend, she said that she felt sorry for her, that it looked like she didn't want to be there, and she didn't understand a lot of what she was saying. I didn't get to see her on direct cross, but I heard her on cross, and I know she seemed put-off by the defense attorneys. I also didn't understand why the defense seemed, in my opinion, to attack her credibility because of her education background. My grandmother never went to school, but she was sharp as a tack until the dementia set in before her death... Did I miss something? Was there a reason why, to me at least, they attempted to devalue her because of her education? Was there something about a letter? I know they asked about what language she spoke and so on. I understood what she was saying on cross, although a lot of what she said was "yes sir" and "no sir". What was so dificult when she was testifying? I'm really asking because I really don't know. And if that jurror didn't understand what she was saying, couldn't she have sent a note to the judge for some sort of clarification? The way she said it sounded a bit snooty to me, but it's just my opinion.
    I also couldn't really make heads or tails of what Dr Bowe(?) was saying for the prosecution about the gs and soot and all that stuff. I remember they had to try and keep him on track a couple of times. I did understand DeMayo(sp?), though. And their witnesses appeared to do more for the defense than the prosecution, but that's just my opinion as an outsider. Was that why they added lesser charges that he could be found guilty of in the end? Again, I don't know; I'm just asking.
    My nieces were visiting on the weekend, and I refered to GZ as white, because that's what I'd been hearing all over the media. (For those who don't know, I'm sightless). Anyway, the first thing my nieces said to me when they saw GZ was that he looked brown and not white.
    I'm of East Indian descent and my late husband was half Irish half Norwegian(sp?) and from Providence RI.
    I guess I have mixed feelings about the verdict. I know GZ is alive, but Trayvon will never be able to be "alive" again. GZ will also not have pece. On one hand, I feel happy about that because I do feel like he racially profiled TM, but TM also sort of made an assumption about GZ because he told his girlfriend something about a fat cracker following him or something like that. Not sure whether that's profiling or a stereotype. My take is that perhaps the state felt that their witnesses was stronger before trial, and realized that they may not have been as strong as they thought. I dunno....sorry for the long-winded post...

#134   2013/07/16 12:01PM
    AdrianeG

[quote]Quote chipper1025: 4 black teens beat to death a white 36 year old Iraq veteran. Where's the outrage? Lets stop acting like racism is a one way street.

This artcle talks about the lack of outrage when 2 black teens robbed a white woman and then shot her baby in the face. (March 2013) And it wants to know Where was the media then?

www.westernjournalism.com/black-teens-
    kill-white-baby-media-silent/

But after reading facts about Zimmerman, I just don't see him as racist. And evidently neither did the 3 DOZEN people who knew him, who were interviewed, or the jurors.

But Zimmerman must have come on too strong to Martin in some way, shape or form in order for these 2 to get into a heated altercation. Its a damn shame for all involved that Zimmerman ever got out of his car.

#135   2013/07/16 12:12PM
    AdrianeG

Quote Barbyboo:
    Quote Kimmd:
    Quote barkingdog:

Thank you. I am so tired of the media using these tragic cases to sell papers and increase tv ratings. We did not sit in that courtroom every day and hear the witnesses and see the evidence.

You are correct and we don't have all the facts we have to trust our legal system some people find it easy to say he was guilty we will never know only Zimmerman, the deceased and god know for sure. Lets leave the verdict in gods hands

I agree. Nothing will bring back Martin but hopefully lessons will be learned on both sides of the coin.

There is no reason why Martin and Zimmerman could not have had reasonable exchange of words and each had gone on their merry way. The confrontation should have never errupted in physical violence. People need to stop and think before they act.

#136   2013/07/16 12:39PM
    LDCOOL

Quote tiddies: I am disgusted with the verdict. He stalked and hunted down a young boy and shot him dead.. then when asked about it he said he would change nothing if he could/./. wtfffffffffffff he killed a kid who had a bag of skittles and a freaking drink.. the next kid to be killed could be mine.. or yours.. I think we should all feel outraged.. this bastard followed this kid and shot him dead...

I agree with you!

#137   2013/07/16 12:54PM
    vickidink

Quote LDCOOL:
    Quote tiddies: I am disgusted with the verdict. He stalked and hunted down a young boy and shot him dead.. then when asked about it he said he would change nothing if he could/./. wtfffffffffffff he killed a kid who had a bag of skittles and a freaking drink.. the next kid to be killed could be mine.. or yours.. I think we should all feel outraged.. this bastard followed this kid and shot him dead...

I agree with you!

Did you even follow the trial and hear the evidence or are you just listening to uninformed people's opinions of what they think happened?- GZ didn't stalk and hunt down TM and shoot him dead - did you even listen to anything about the entire incident or hear the witnesses at the trial- there were 4 minutes where GZ had lost sight of TM and was heading back to his truck when TM came back and attached GZ - TM was on top of GZ beating the crap out of him, breaking his nose, and beating his head on the sidewalk that is what got TM shot dead. It was GZ who called 911 in the beginning - not something someone who is goin to "stalk and hunt down" and shoot someone dead.

#138   2013/07/16 12:56PM
    vickidink

Quote AdrianeG:
    Quote Barbyboo:
    Quote Kimmd:
    Quote barkingdog:

Thank you. I am so tired of the media using these tragic cases to sell papers and increase tv ratings. We did not sit in that courtroom every day and hear the witnesses and see the evidence.

You are correct and we don't have all the facts we have to trust our legal system some people find it easy to say he was guilty we will never know only Zimmerman, the deceased and god know for sure. Lets leave the verdict in gods hands

I agree. Nothing will bring back Martin but hopefully lessons will be learned on both sides of the coin.

There is no reason why Martin and Zimmerman could not have had reasonable exchange of words and each had gone on their merry way. The confrontation should have never errupted in physical violence. People need to stop and think before they act.

ITA

#139   2013/07/16 01:09PM
    Barbyboo

I have one question if a white 17 year old was killed would there even be a news story pickets and marches? No way. The trial is over. ..rest in peace

#140   2013/07/16 01:53PM
    hubbardfan

[quote Sundayluv]:If your world doesn't include Black people then you dont know what it is like AT ALL therefore your perception is skewed. Point blank period. Everyday Black people can see into the lives of White people be it TV, at work, history, literature, in neighborhood, movies, soap operas, etc. White people dont have that same insight into Black people's live unless they seek it. You dont understand us or our problems so dont tell us how to feel or think. I love you all because we all enjoy Y&R and get to debate respectfully about our favorite and least favorite storylines and characters, but White people have benefited from our oppression. Its the truth! But its not the End.

Beautifully stated! I've been reading comments online and we are being characterized as 'ignorant, lazy morons/idiots'; 'uneducated/uninformed welfare recipients' 'too stupid to understand/know the law', etc.; THIS is the mentality that white folks have of us, yet they wonder where our anger and outrage comes from, and they call US racists who are perpetuating the hate! We've always had to walk a fine line bet. THEIR WORLD and OUR REALITY! It gets old and tiresome after awhile and it needs to stop!

« 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list