List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Started by Chuckyducky at 2013/07/13 08:06PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/23 04:03PM, Views: 12891, Replies: 267
    « 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 » »| page:
    #121   2013/07/16 09:27AM
    Re: Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!
    chipper1025

4 black teens beat to death a white 36 year old Iraq veteran. Where's the outrage? Lets stop acting like racism is a one way street.

#122   2013/07/16 09:48AM
    nyer566

TM family can bring up all the civil lawsuits the can, ya can't get money from someone that has none! Simple as that!

#123   2013/07/16 10:15AM
    chancegirl

After hearing the juror who has come forward I am even more upset by the verdict. If it was so confusing for them, as she said, then they should have asked more questions. Her interview left me with more questions than answers. People are in denial about racism and it breaks my heart. How ironic that there is so much in the media with big brother, tray owns case and the fruitvale station movie opening. I am going to see it but read that it's really hard to watch.

#124   2013/07/16 10:42AM
    vickidink

Quote chancegirl: After hearing the juror who has come forward I am even more upset by the verdict. If it was so confusing for them, as she said, then they should have asked more questions. Her interview left me with more questions than answers. People are in denial about racism and it breaks my heart. How ironic that there is so much in the media with big brother, tray owns case and the fruitvale station movie opening. I am going to see it but read that it's really hard to watch.

I don't think most people are in denial about racism - they just see it as Whites being racists against Blacks - but let's be honest - there are just as many Black racists and there are White racists and Hispanic racists etc. - those who believe George Zimmerman is not guilty in this incident do not believe he acted because of racism - the man mentors Black children, he has a Black best friend and so on - he would have followed anyone he didn't recognize in his neighborhood because there was a rash of burglaries in his area and as a neighborhood watch person he was doing what he thought best for the neighborhood. He shot Trayvon Martin after Trayvon Martin physically attacked him. I don't believe he would have touched Trayvon Martin - just observed him - if GZ hadn't been attacked by TM first. It is not always because of racism but anytime there is an altercation between people of different races - the "race card" comes up. Each situation is different you (I don't mean you personally) can't lump them all as racially motivated.

#125   2013/07/16 10:48AM
    acec

Zimmerman is guilty,he no what he did.he got out of his car to follow Martin,he provoked the whole ordeal.Zimmerman may have escaped the law,but what kind of life will he live.even if he marry and have children years later,who's to say someone wont bump off his kid out of spite.He will never have a peace of mind from his actions.To the ones who set him free,May God have mercy on your souls.Now Zimmerman got his gun back only to kill more kids and now he can always say someone came after him.The law just gave him the rights to keep killing...its so sad.

#126   2013/07/16 10:56AM
    hotspice58

the unanimous verdict started out split.

Quote yrn33:
    Quote carmelkiss: It is my belief that although the verdict said not guilty Zimmerman will suffer as long as he lives. Many people from all walks of life feels a certain amount of injustice. I am saddened by the outcome but not surprised. Society has made great strides where race is concerned however there is still work to do!

Exactly what I said about O.J. Simpson verdict, who of course proved in Las Vegas he had sunken to new levels and suffers in jail -- except that I do believe that the Hispanic Zimmerman acted in self-defense while being pummeled by the almost-adult (youth not child which is 12 and under) Martin.

Justice was served and the "not guilty" verdict was unanimous, and proper...the case shouldn't have even been prosecuted except for foolish statements by the POTUS and race baiters like Sharpton & Jackson.

#127   2013/07/16 11:01AM
    hotspice58

Michael Vick got 2 years for dog fighting!! so a dog is worth more than a black youth's life?!?!

#128   2013/07/16 11:13AM
    vickidink

Quote hotspice58: Michael Vick got 2 years for dog fighting!! so a dog is worth more than a black youth's life?!?!

Michael Vick didn't get 2 years for dog fighting. He got it for electrocuting them and hanging them and other abuses he did to the animals for no reason other than they were of no use to him anymore to make money. The dogs didn't attack Michael Vick - he killed them because they were "weak" and not able to win fights for him - He did not kill them in self-defense. To compare these two cases is absurd.

#129   2013/07/16 11:21AM
    misterr

Quote vickidink:
    Quote hotspice58: Michael Vick got 2 years for dog fighting!! so a dog is worth more than a black youth's life?!?!

Michael Vick didn't get 2 years for dog fighting. He got it for electrocuting them and hanging them and other abuses he did to the animals for no reason other than they were of no use to him anymore to make money. The dogs didn't attack Michael Vick - he killed them because they were "weak" and not able to win fights for him - He did not kill them in self-defense. To compare these two cases is absurd.

ITA.

#130   2013/07/16 11:22AM
    vickidink

Michael Vick being Black played no part in him going to jail for animal abuse - being a vicious monster is why Michael Vick went to jail.

« 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list