List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Started by Chuckyducky at 2013/07/13 08:06PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/23 04:03PM, Views: 13174, Replies: 267
    « 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 » »| page:
    #111   2013/07/16 01:34AM
    Re: Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!
    SteffyFan01

Quote janesBydiction: "A system can never fail those it was never meant to protect"

Sadly for Trayvon, the American justice system was never meant to protect those who look like him. I wonder why a black lady also in Florida who fired off warning shots to defend herself against her abusive husband had the "stand your ground" defence thrown out and she received 20 years? Hmmm.

All I know is that Zimmerman will spend his whole life worrying about his safety and his family's safety. Poetic justice. I hope the Martin family files a civil suit when Zimmerman releases his inevitable tell all book.

His brother is one of the most vile people I have ever seen. I would feel zero sadness if those two reap the seeds that they have sown.

If the American justice system were never intended to protect people thst "look like him" why do people that "look like him" sit on the highest court in all the land? The woman your refering to did her husband happen to "look like him"? If so thats not a "look like him"/white situation. However i do agree that the woman should have been found not guilty but i dont see how that ties into this case. But thats only one case of the stand your ground law not holding up but how many cases are there that did holdup?

#112   2013/07/16 01:57AM
    Chuckyducky

Quote SteffyFan01:
    Quote janesBydiction: "A system can never fail those it was never meant to protect"

Sadly for Trayvon, the American justice system was never meant to protect those who look like him. I wonder why a black lady also in Florida who fired off warning shots to defend herself against her abusive husband had the "stand your ground" defence thrown out and she received 20 years? Hmmm.

All I know is that Zimmerman will spend his whole life worrying about his safety and his family's safety. Poetic justice. I hope the Martin family files a civil suit when Zimmerman releases his inevitable tell all book.

His brother is one of the most vile people I have ever seen. I would feel zero sadness if those two reap the seeds that they have sown.

If the American justice system were never intended to protect people thst "look like him" why do people that "look like him" sit on the highest court in all the land? The woman your refering to did her husband happen to "look like him"? If so thats not a "look like him"/white situation. However i do agree that the woman should have been found not guilty but i dont see how that ties into this case. But thats only one case of the stand your ground law not holding up but how many cases are there that did holdup?

People or person?

There are 9 supreme court judges and only one is identified as African American. That person is Clarence Thomas and the controversy that followed him was not the supreme court's finest hour.

Despite an AA holding court as supreme judge and despite many people of color holding law enforcement jobs, the prevalence for people of color to be profiled, stopped and searched, sentenced for minute possession of drugs or other crimes is HIGHER than that of their white counterparts; and this trend has increased since 1955. Being a person of color and also one affiliated with law enforcement agencies does not dissuade cops from profiling and targeting a 16 year old AA boy in Brookly, N.Y., for example, versus a 19 year old non-minority who lives on 69th street and Madison Ave (in the city).

So whatever it is you are trying to prove, it is not working and does not speak to facts, and various experiences by people who've been targeted by these agencies.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/16 01:59AM
    #113   2013/07/16 02:27AM
    Chuckyducky

Quote SteffyFan01:
    Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote Lapcat55: In 513 Days Between Trayvon Dying and the Zimmerman Trial Verdict, 11,106 Blacks Have Been Murdered by OTHER BLACKS

Bet you won't hear this on the Lame Stream Media....those statistics don't fit the political agenda of racial pimps like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton...

www.soopermexican.com/2013/07/14/in-513-days-between-
    trayvon-dying-and-the-zimmerman-trial-verdict-11106-
    blacks-have-been-murdered-by-other-blacks/

I bet the conservative media didn't inform it's followers that there was a disparity between the sentencing rate for black defendant-black victim cases and black-defendant-white victim cases.

Black-defendant-white victim cases and white-defendant-white victim cases received higher death and prison sentences than black defendant-black victim cases and white-defendant-black victim cases.

Meaning, if you were white and you were victimized by a white person or a person of color, the chances of the perp being sentenced to prison or death is higher than it would be if the victim was of color.

This why so many people are outraged by the verdict...a verdict that was decided on reasonable doubt rather than conclusive evidence.

How about none of the above makes a point in this case! This verdict hss nothing to do with black/white! Yes Zimmerman is mixed but alot of people are and condidered on birth certificates to either be the darket skin tone or "other" theres not many important documents which can pick mixed on. We dont know if we lived his life as a white man or an hispanic man nor does it matter "the white man" didnt kill that boy or try that man! I understand history but that was along time ago and I for one am sick of being ridiculed and judged and PROFILED for bring a southern white! And blamed for what my ancestors did and having to walk on pins and needels for something that happened yearsssss ago! People see and hear racists and say come one its 2013 and there right it is so stop blaming "the white man" for everything that goes wrong even when there not involved! Im not a racist individual and never have been ive dated black men, but i will standup for my race when its necessary which isnt often! If everyone was colorblind this world would be a much better place. If we all want racism to end then we have to stop putting so much emphasis on it! For godness sakes are President is black!Futhermore jurys are made up of all colors for that information to hold any evidence we would have to know if every jury member of every case was white which isnt very probable. And seeings as how not every member on them juries could have possibly been white means that race isnt the issue! I would like to add that this little rant wasnt specifically for u. Only the jury parts...i just got alittle ahead of myself!

Excuse me!?!? I'm not sure what you're trying to convey but I'll respond as best as I could to your concerns.

Now, I'm not sure what you think it means to profiled but from my experiences, it entails a bit more than what you've described. When people are profiled, they are categorized by the following:
    a. Age
    b. Sex
    c. Height
    d. Ethnicity
    e. Attire
    f. Location
    When a law enforcement official saw Zimmerman, those details I listed came into play. They saw a Latino male, of Caucasian descent, who is around 5'8 or 5'10, around the age of 25-30. His mixed race will not be of any concern. Law enforcement officials will also profile Trayvon Martin and identify the deceased as African American male in his teens, wearing jeans and a hoodie. That is how people are basically profiled by the law enforcement officials hired to protect us. Biases will also come into play and these officials will mostly likely conclude that the slain teen was the aggressor. It is because of those biases that I do not trust how this case was initially investigated and handled.

I know you must think that people are acting irrational and that America's criminal justice system is a fair and honest institution...but it is not true. It hasn't been true since the first city was formed on the New Americas. That's not the reality we live in. This country incarcerates AA people at a higher rate than any other ethnicity and no one can seem to explain why.

The saddest part about that is that nowadays, we expect this to be reality. What is even sadder is that a victim like Trayvon Martin is no longer seen as a victim but as an aggressor...a criminal...and this boy (who died much too young) was never given a chance to tell his story. Not even his autopsy was used to tell what he went through during the last moments of his life. Instead, a 17 year old boy is criminalized by a broken system that chose to free the real aggressor because of reasonable doubt. Therein lies the tragedy...therein lies our national heartache and what it feels like to know that your children aren't worth as much as others. Anyway...

RIP Trayvon Martin. Sleep well, sweetie!

#114   2013/07/16 02:58AM
    Barbyboo

We had a jury with a verdict. That's are legal system.. I see whites victimized. I don't see pickets against Afro Americans. ...I can't see where these marches help draw people together I think it drags people apart. We all live together. Work together play together mi guess I live in suburbia we don't have all this violence we get along great! If people act decent dont do crimes. Stop drugs we would have zero problems...without a legal system it would be. Vegalante justice no one wants that...time to stop the hate it comes from black and white...lets hope with the next generation things improve...I just don't see watching these marches helps improve. I look at TV and say oh man can you believe this? And believe me I am not prejudice I think Americans are Americans not by color...all deserve same

#115   2013/07/16 03:27AM
    Sundayluv

What happened to Trayvon Martin is problem that all Black Mothers in this country will have to deal with until things change. I am not to going get into the trial and verdict because we cannot change the outcome. What we can do is understand that racial profiling happens majority to specifically Black men and the results could be deadly. What this verdict says to me is that Black men have the burden of being harassed without the right to defend himself. Because if he does he could be killed. WHAT? People need to be aware of that. Forget the verdict I am talking about this country and how some "Americans" view Black men. I think if the jurors were aware of racial profiling then they would have been able to understand that race is a factor that must be considered. If your world doesn't include Black people then you dont know what it is like AT ALL therefore your perception is skewed. Point blank period. Everyday Black people can see into the lives of White people be it TV, at work, history, literature, in neighborhood, movies, soap operas, etc. White people dont have that same insight into Black people's live unless they seek it. You dont understand us or our problems so dont tell us how to feel or think. I love you all because we all enjoy Y&R and get to debate respectfully about our favorite and least favorite storylines and characters, but White people have benefited from our oppression. Its the truth! But its not the End. We don't need racism let's just kill it and give everyone a fair shot.

#116   2013/07/16 04:16AM
    Barbyboo

Quote Sundayluv: What happened to Trayvon Martin is problem that all Black Mothers in this country will have to deal with until things change. I am not to going get into the trial and verdict because we cannot change the outcome. What we can do is understand that racial profiling happens majority to specifically Black men and the results could be deadly. What this verdict says to me is that Black men have the burden of being harassed without the right to defend himself. Because if he does he could be killed. WHAT? People need to be aware of that. Forget the verdict I am talking about this country and how some "Americans" view Black men. I think if the jurors were aware of racial profiling then they would have been able to understand that race is a factor that must be considered. If your world doesn't include Black people then you dont know what it is like AT ALL therefore your perception is skewed. Point blank period. Everyday Black people can see into the lives of White people be it TV, at work, history, literature, in neighborhood, movies, soap operas, etc. White people dont have that same insight into Black people's live unless they seek it. You dont understand us or our problems so dont tell us how to feel or think. I love you all because we all enjoy Y&R and get to debate respectfully about our favorite and least favorite storylines and characters, but White people have benefited from our oppression. Its the truth! But its not the End. We don't need racism let's just kill it and give everyone a fair shot.

Yes good post. Equality for all in this great country usa

#117   2013/07/16 07:18AM
    AdrianeG

Quote Lapcat55: Ignored by media: Zimmerman voted for Obama, tutored black kids

Why isn't the Left talking about this??? Doesn’t matter to them if you are liberal/Democrat. They will destroy anyone if doing so will further the agenda. Hopefully George has learned a liberal lesson and votes Republican in the next election....

www.examiner.com/article/ignored-by-media-zimmerman-
    voted-for-obama-tutored-black-kids

Add:
    According to an interview given by Zimmerman’s father Zimmerman had once protested the unfair treatment of a homeless black man by the local police; he handed out flyers at black Sanford churches in December 2010, outraged that a police lieutenant's son was not arrested on the spot after being caught on tape sucker-punching a homeless guy in the back of the head. The day after the lieutenants son was arrested and his father booted.

#118   2013/07/16 07:25AM
    clita

Quote tiddies: I am disgusted with the verdict. He stalked and hunted down a young boy and shot him dead.. then when asked about it he said he would change nothing if he could/./. wtfffffffffffff he killed a kid who had a bag of skittles and a freaking drink.. the next kid to be killed could be mine.. or yours.. I think we should all feel outraged.. this bastard followed this kid and shot him dead...

Wow..were you there??

#119   2013/07/16 07:26AM
    Barbyboo

Quote Kimmd:
    Quote barkingdog: Maybe if the media and politicians would have keep their nose out of it the verdict may have been different! I am still trying to figure out why DOJ would file a civil rights lawsuit against Zimmerman when a court has found him not guilty but I guess we will all have to see how it plays out. It amazes me how some of these cases get so much media spin (ex. Casey Anthony, Jodi Aris) when there are other crimes going on a lot worse. A woman in my town was arrested a few months ago for killing 4 of her children but I have not seen that on Nancy Grace, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC or any other media other than local. Just saying!!!

Thank you. I am so tired of the media using these tragic cases to sell papers and increase tv ratings. We did not sit in that courtroom every day and hear the witnesses and see the evidence.

You are correct and we don't have all the facts we have to trust our legal system some people find it easy to say he was guilty we will never know only Zimmerman, the deceased and god know for sure. Lets leave the verdict in gods hands

#120   2013/07/16 07:27AM
    clita

Quote FL senior fan: Surprised, but the charges did not fit the incident. Lots of blame being placed on "outside sources" for GZ arrest after Sanford Police initially ruled it self-defense, no case.
    GLAD IT'S OVER FOR US; WILL NEVER BE FOR BOTH FAMILIES.

Lots of "what if's" being said on TV now; What if GZ had not gotten out of his car; but then What If TM had not been here because he was expelled from school for fighting? Just saying...it was not cut and dry...good presentation by both State and Defense. Wonder how the Home Owner's Assn. feels now that they settled with Martin's for $1.2Million, with Jury ruling not guilty? Also heard thru a friend in Sanford that so many of those Condo/Townhomes immediately went on the market after this incident, because of criminal behavior and robberies. I followed the trial and felt it could go either way...both sides (Attys) did their jobs well.

Great logical post finally!!(:

« 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list