List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Started by Chuckyducky at 2013/07/13 08:06PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/23 04:03PM, Views: 11930, Replies: 267
    « 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 » »| page:
    #101   2013/07/15 08:22PM
    Re: Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!
    shalaydra75

Quote lovealldogs: Obama won't stay out of it...he will have HOLDER do his dirty work. OMG...Obama helped start the whole RACE thing...when he put his nose in it and said..."If I had a son he would look like Trayvon" ......Pathetic

Since the Sanford PD failed to investigate, I hope Attorney General Holder will launch an inquiry.

#102   2013/07/15 08:26PM
    shalaydra75

Quote AdrianeG: World renown lawyer/Harvard Law Professor gives his professional opinion on the case as to exactly WHY Zimmerman was not found guilty and the incompetency of Angela Corey. Wow, he holds nothing back against that lady.

therightscoop.com/boom-alan-dershowitz-says-doj-should-investigate-civil-rights-
    violations-of-george-zimmerman-by-angela-corey/

(put 2 sections together)

That Harvard expert is a famous defense attorney who always takes the side of the defense.

#103   2013/07/15 08:57PM
    shalaydra75

Quote SunshineFL: I am a profiler. I just found that out watching segments on the Martin-Zimmerman trial. It is true. If I see someone in our yard or a neighbor’s yard I do follow them with my cell phone in hand. Do I carry a gun? You will never know – until necessary. But I am not profiling a race, I am profiling a stranger.
    George Zimmerman is Hispanic-not white. Because he goes to school taking classes on law enforcement and has a gun permit- that makes him a “wanna-be” cop?
    The 911 operator is just that - a radio operation. The person on the end of the phone is not a sworn police officer and can only make suggestions, not order you to do anything.
    This troubled teen-ager was there because he has been suspended from school. So why was he out alone? Where was this “child’s” parental supervision? I can assure you if I had a troubled teen –they would be right under my thumb, but his father did not even know he was missing till the next day.
    If this “child” knew he was being followed by an adult, why didn’t he ask if there was a problem? Speak up – no answer then run to someone’s door and start ringing doorbells.
    Zimmerman was not a fat man when this happened. Check the photos. While on house arrest he gained approximately 100 lbs.
    On the original 911 tape Zimmerman does not state that the teen is black until the 911 operator ask him if he is white or black. Prior to that Zimmerman referred to him as a punk. The version of the 911 tape being played on TV has been edited. The original was played during trial.
    The State’s own witness - girlfriend of TM- referred to Zimmerman as a cracker – profiling?
    More blood as evidence? It was raining.
    The jurors are being slammed because of the way they voted. They voted on the evidence they were presented and by the law as written. Had the pressure not been placed on the Seminole County State Attorney by the politicians and the media in the manner that it was then maybe the charges would have been done correctly after the investigation was completed correctly and Zimmerman would now be in jail. It was scheduled to go before the Grand Jury, but the Special Prosecutor- Ms. Corey had Zimmerman arrested prior to that date. Maybe the Grand Jury would have resulted in winnable charges.
    Would the media be so eager to follow this if Zimmerman had used a rock to kill him rather than a gun? If it is the gun is the problem let’s change the laws.
    Bottom line – a 17 year old young man will never get to be an adult. An adult Hispanic man will never have peace for the remainder of his life. No matter what is done or said this can never be changed. The situation is too sad for too many people.
    I was born in Sanford. I live in Sanford. I am proud Sanford is my home.
    Prayer for the Martin family. Pray for the Zimmerman family.

People of your ideology blame the media, Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton for inciting violence. Your post will certainly incite violence. After this verdict, many black parents are wondering how to protect their children. Leaving them vulnerable to serial killers is not an option. That is exactly what you are asking us to do when you claim that they should defer to a stranger. You admitting that you roam your neighborhood with a loaded gun will encourage other people to do likewise. I am happy I do not live FL. Thanks to your posts, I will not visit your Godforsaken state.

#104   2013/07/15 11:04PM
    yrn33

Quote carmelkiss: It is my belief that although the verdict said not guilty Zimmerman will suffer as long as he lives. Many people from all walks of life feels a certain amount of injustice. I am saddened by the outcome but not surprised. Society has made great strides where race is concerned however there is still work to do!

Exactly what I said about O.J. Simpson verdict, who of course proved in Las Vegas he had sunken to new levels and suffers in jail -- except that I do believe that the Hispanic Zimmerman acted in self-defense while being pummeled by the almost-adult (youth not child which is 12 and under) Martin.

Justice was served and the "not guilty" verdict was unanimous, and proper...the case shouldn't have even been prosecuted except for foolish statements by the POTUS and race baiters like Sharpton & Jackson.

#105   2013/07/15 11:13PM
    yrn33

Quote KeepingItReal: A life was lost.....

No one has the right to take another life....

Rip

Really? So no American should have killed a Nazi or Jap in WWII? For that matter, would you have preferred Washington not to have fought or killed any Brits and this country be part of Great Britain? At least you must be pro-life, right? No doctor has the right to take another life, right? How about killing the guy in Boston who killed and maimed many along the Boston Marathon route? Should we have spared his life and risked him killing and injuring more there and elsewhere?

What kind of blanket statement is that of yours, KeepingItReal?

And if you have or had a daughter and she was attacked by a murderer and she had a gun, would you prefer that she be killed than protecting herself and defending herself by shooting and taking the murderer's life rather than herself be murdered? Hmmm?

#106   2013/07/15 11:29PM
    Chuckyducky

Quote Lapcat55: In 513 Days Between Trayvon Dying and the Zimmerman Trial Verdict, 11,106 Blacks Have Been Murdered by OTHER BLACKS

Bet you won't hear this on the Lame Stream Media....those statistics don't fit the political agenda of racial pimps like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton...

www.soopermexican.com/2013/07/14/in-513-days-between-
    trayvon-dying-and-the-zimmerman-trial-verdict-11106-
    blacks-have-been-murdered-by-other-blacks/

I bet the conservative media didn't inform it's followers that there was a disparity between the sentencing rate for black defendant-black victim cases and black-defendant-white victim cases.

Black-defendant-white victim cases and white-defendant-white victim cases received higher death and prison sentences than black defendant-black victim cases and white-defendant-black victim cases.

Meaning, if you were white and you were victimized by a white person or a person of color, the chances of the perp being sentenced to prison or death is higher than it would be if the victim was of color.

This why so many people are outraged by the verdict...a verdict that was decided on reasonable doubt rather than conclusive evidence.

#107   2013/07/16 12:29AM
    SteffyFan01

Quote shalaydra75:
    Quote SunshineFL: I am a profiler. I just found that out watching segments on the Martin-Zimmerman trial. It is true. If I see someone in our yard or a neighbor’s yard I do follow them with my cell phone in hand. Do I carry a gun? You will never know – until necessary. But I am not profiling a race, I am profiling a stranger.
    George Zimmerman is Hispanic-not white. Because he goes to school taking classes on law enforcement and has a gun permit- that makes him a “wanna-be” cop?
    The 911 operator is just that - a radio operation. The person on the end of the phone is not a sworn police officer and can only make suggestions, not order you to do anything.
    This troubled teen-ager was there because he has been suspended from school. So why was he out alone? Where was this “child’s” parental supervision? I can assure you if I had a troubled teen –they would be right under my thumb, but his father did not even know he was missing till the next day.
    If this “child” knew he was being followed by an adult, why didn’t he ask if there was a problem? Speak up – no answer then run to someone’s door and start ringing doorbells.
    Zimmerman was not a fat man when this happened. Check the photos. While on house arrest he gained approximately 100 lbs.
    On the original 911 tape Zimmerman does not state that the teen is black until the 911 operator ask him if he is white or black. Prior to that Zimmerman referred to him as a punk. The version of the 911 tape being played on TV has been edited. The original was played during trial.
    The State’s own witness - girlfriend of TM- referred to Zimmerman as a cracker – profiling?
    More blood as evidence? It was raining.
    The jurors are being slammed because of the way they voted. They voted on the evidence they were presented and by the law as written. Had the pressure not been placed on the Seminole County State Attorney by the politicians and the media in the manner that it was then maybe the charges would have been done correctly after the investigation was completed correctly and Zimmerman would now be in jail. It was scheduled to go before the Grand Jury, but the Special Prosecutor- Ms. Corey had Zimmerman arrested prior to that date. Maybe the Grand Jury would have resulted in winnable charges.
    Would the media be so eager to follow this if Zimmerman had used a rock to kill him rather than a gun? If it is the gun is the problem let’s change the laws.
    Bottom line – a 17 year old young man will never get to be an adult. An adult Hispanic man will never have peace for the remainder of his life. No matter what is done or said this can never be changed. The situation is too sad for too many people.
    I was born in Sanford. I live in Sanford. I am proud Sanford is my home.
    Prayer for the Martin family. Pray for the Zimmerman family.

People of your ideology blame the media, Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton for inciting violence. Your post will certainly incite violence. After this verdict, many black parents are wondering how to protect their children. Leaving them vulnerable to serial killers is not an option. That is exactly what you are asking us to do when you claim that they should defer to a stranger. You admitting that you roam your neighborhood with a loaded gun will encourage other people to do likewise. I am happy I do not live FL. Thanks to your posts, I will not visit your Godforsaken state.

Serial killers??? Zimmerman is far from a serial killer. No one specific race has to worry about there children more! All children heck all people are in jeopardy...its a cruel world and not just for one race! If people are so worried about there children maybe they should know were there at at all times. The truth is everyone has profiled someone at some point in there life...sitting at a red light and you see a scragly person Whom maybe on drugs you think lock the door thats a crack head. A person whom talks to your child at the grocery store and you pay extra attention just incase! Lets not just classify FL as a bad state there are bad people of all races around this messed up country!

#108   2013/07/16 01:00AM
    SteffyFan01

Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote Lapcat55: In 513 Days Between Trayvon Dying and the Zimmerman Trial Verdict, 11,106 Blacks Have Been Murdered by OTHER BLACKS

Bet you won't hear this on the Lame Stream Media....those statistics don't fit the political agenda of racial pimps like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton...

www.soopermexican.com/2013/07/14/in-513-days-between-
    trayvon-dying-and-the-zimmerman-trial-verdict-11106-
    blacks-have-been-murdered-by-other-blacks/

I bet the conservative media didn't inform it's followers that there was a disparity between the sentencing rate for black defendant-black victim cases and black-defendant-white victim cases.

Black-defendant-white victim cases and white-defendant-white victim cases received higher death and prison sentences than black defendant-black victim cases and white-defendant-black victim cases.

Meaning, if you were white and you were victimized by a white person or a person of color, the chances of the perp being sentenced to prison or death is higher than it would be if the victim was of color.

This why so many people are outraged by the verdict...a verdict that was decided on reasonable doubt rather than conclusive evidence.

How about none of the above makes a point in this case! This verdict hss nothing to do with black/white! Yes Zimmerman is mixed but alot of people are and condidered on birth certificates to either be the darket skin tone or "other" theres not many important documents which can pick mixed on. We dont know if we lived his life as a white man or an hispanic man nor does it matter "the white man" didnt kill that boy or try that man! I understand history but that was along time ago and I for one am sick of being ridiculed and judged and PROFILED for bring a southern white! And blamed for what my ancestors did and having to walk on pins and needels for something that happened yearsssss ago! People see and hear racists and say come one its 2013 and there right it is so stop blaming "the white man" for everything that goes wrong even when there not involved! Im not a racist individual and never have been ive dated black men, but i will standup for my race when its necessary which isnt often! If everyone was colorblind this world would be a much better place. If we all want racism to end then we have to stop putting so much emphasis on it! For godness sakes are President is black!Futhermore jurys are made up of all colors for that information to hold any evidence we would have to know if every jury member of every case was white which isnt very probable. And seeings as how not every member on them juries could have possibly been white means that race isnt the issue! I would like to add that this little rant wasnt specifically for u. Only the jury parts...i just got alittle ahead of myself!

#109   2013/07/16 01:10AM
    SteffyFan01

Quote Calmie: God is in control, the boy is in a better place, he Zimmerman still has to live with the fact that he ended a child's life. He will never be at peace. NEVER.

U are correct. However i dont really consider a 17 yr old a child. He has to live with taking a life. At 17 your a man not a child. In many states i relise not in FL at 17 you are considered an adult, can legally move out of your parents house and be tried as an adult.

#110   2013/07/16 01:19AM
    janesBydiction

"A system can never fail those it was never meant to protect"

Sadly for Trayvon, the American justice system was never meant to protect those who look like him. I wonder why a black lady also in Florida who fired off warning shots to defend herself against her abusive husband had the "stand your ground" defence thrown out and she received 20 years? Hmmm.

All I know is that Zimmerman will spend his whole life worrying about his safety and his family's safety. Poetic justice. I hope the Martin family files a civil suit when Zimmerman releases his inevitable tell all book.

His brother is one of the most vile people I have ever seen. I would feel zero sadness if those two reap the seeds that they have sown.

« 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list