List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: How many Y&R fans feel insulted right now???

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

How many Y&R fans feel insulted right now???

Started by daydreamer21 at 2013/07/12 11:21PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/19 01:31PM, Views: 4960, Replies: 64
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #31   2013/07/13 01:11PM
    Re: How many Y&R fans feel insulted right now???
    Jackie10

Quote Kimmd:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote Kimmd:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote Jackie10: I am not insulted at all by the writing! That being said what I find insulting is the constant propping of the newbies by the vets. If these newbies cant carry a story line without a vet they need to go.

Also newbies being handed everything while longer cast members and vets still have to deal with the same old sets and story lines handed to them over and over with out purpose. No new home for Little Nicky. Noah is rich yet needs a room mate? His grandpa can buy him a fancy sports car but cant help him get his own place. Sharon doesnt have a job or career yet a newbie gets a instant fashionista career with no education, training or experience. Said newbie is knocked up 3 times in a year? By two core family members at that? Dylan has no ties to GC yet stays? He gets an instant back ground story while Phyllis just got hers with a family member finally after 15 years on the soap. And Sharon has been on for 20 years and still hasnt gotten a back ground story line or a family member other than Doris? These newbies have instant careers and friends yet Sharon has no friends(but Adam even though they are at odds right now)! It took years for characters/actors to earn a spot on the opening credits with MM being the last at 4 years! Yet now the newbies are put there instantly. They get apartments, careers and friends, money, and they dont fit in or belong. That is what I feel insulted by.

For once, I agree with you. In addition to what you have already stated, I don't like the fact that Sharon is going to be the whipping girl in this paternity saga while Nick the prick gets a pass. This paternity thing is Nick's whole deal. He caused it and Phyllis went along with it. She accepted what Nick told her b/c she wanted Nick. Why involve Sharon at all? Sharon should be outraged and angry that Nick chose to leave her & Noah for Phyllis & Summer. And Nick left her while she was grieving the loss of HER daughter, Cassie! He was no help to her at all! Where are her emotion for this paternity crapola? The writers made Sharon bipolar--not stupid, unfeeling and emotionless. The writers mishandled the whole deal and viewers like me are angry that Sharon is once again used as their punching bag! And DUMB Nick gets nothing--nada! No beatdown or finger pointing from the townsfolk or the audience at all b/c it was Sharon's fault for changing the paternity results. If he had kept his pants zipped, there would be no paternity to be debated.

Oh, I forgot to mention that if NB is right, Jack is going to get jerked around quite a bit in this paternity scandal. Jack Abbott is just another vet who is used and abused by the current showrunners!

And if Sharon has kept her panties on Brad and Victoria might still be married. And if Adam hadn't dumped Sharon like yesterday's trash, she would not be obsessing over Nick. How far should we go with the what if's?

None of those are the issue right now! My references are related strictly to the paternity story being discussed!

No the issue is Shick. That's the whole reason folks want to throw Summer under a moving train. Summer should be destroyed because she is Phick's child. That's what this has always been about!

The show does not revolve around Shick. Shick are not together and are not likely to be for a long, long time. If its true Sharon changed the results of the test(which could just be part of the fantasy in her BP mind set)she will not be forgiven for messing with peoples lives by Little Nicky especially where Summer being hurt is concerned. People wont forgive her as easily as they have over looked Little Nickys transgressions.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/13 01:16PM
    #32   2013/07/13 01:24PM
    hubbardfan

If the vets don't add anything 'fresh' to the stories, then they SHOULD be backburned! Case in point...VICTOR and NIKKI! It was so nice when they (him in particular) weren't on; now they're back and Victor's doing the same old sh-t!! He's a tired old dog who needs to be put out to pasture; his dirty deeds need to be exposed, and he needs to be written out! He's become a caricature, so predictable, and not even interesting anymore; same w/Nikki to a lesser extent; their 1000th marriage, etc. is just BORING! everyone knows they'll be divorced again soon; the Vicki/daddy mess is enough to make you gag! Let's have a new villain and move on (I guess it's gonna be Carmine)! Eventually, all newbies end up being vets if they stay on long enough! I could care less if MS stays or goes...I can't stand the SKANK, so I ignore her and hit the mute button; same w/Victoria! I'm neutral w/SC; but I DO like Jack, Billy, and Adam! The rest are just characters in a soap, some days I like them, others I don't!

#33   2013/07/13 01:31PM
    Jackie10

I agree Victor and Nikki could take a back seat and let the next generation step up. But that is sure not newbies its Victoria/Billy, Nick/Avery, Sharon/Adam, Summer, Noah, Lauren, Michael, Fen, Neil, Jill, Cane and others worth watching.

#34   2013/07/13 01:40PM
    LottaSoaps

Yes I feel insulted right now.

#35   2013/07/13 03:39PM
    swtkel01

After this terrible paternity story I'm completely done!!! I'm very sick of all these new people taking over. They are all lousy, MS leaving, and ripping every good couple apart for what??? I was OK with some of the changes until April when they decided to start this baby lie. Ever since then its been horrid!!! Chelsea lies about the baby's father and now she's with the most boring character on the show and Adam has no SL except dleezing it up with the women. What was the darn point to break CH Adam up??? 4 months later we are still dealing with this horrid SL. Theymake Chloe iinto the biggest which, and her and Chelsea's friendship is god awful. Now sharon does what she does. That takes the cake for me!!! We go through all these emotions with these characters and glad jack has something but nooooooooo they had to mess with us again. These writers have made me so mad that I will not watch anymore. I've been a fan for 28 years. They lost me!! MAB irritated me with all her suspense and unrealistic crap but at least I haven't felt this bad. These writers were good until about April. Its like they got lazy and sloppy

#36   2013/07/13 03:45PM
    Kendrick1994

These writers have adam Ajed in the worse way to soothe the writers pets.
    Adam is headed to more prop duty like he was this time last year. He will get shackled with the lameness that is Chelsea to try to make the character interesting after she's no longer with child and no one wants to have anything to do with her. When she's not pregnant she's even more boring. Adam is headed to and is currently doing side note duty, in Victor's s/l, Chelsea's s/l, Victoria's s/l, Billy's s/l (evidently Adam's to blame for Billy being a punk...who knew--glad Billy cleared that up today that it was all Adam's fault), somehow they will fit him into Nick's s/l, Avery s/l, Sharon's s/l, and of course Dylan's s/l, without giving him a s/l of his own.
    That's pretty much it. His storyline(s) is to be blamed for everything, even those things, like the demise of Villy, that he had nothing to do with. His name is brought up every day, even when he's not on, for the all wrongs in the world. Now the latest and greatest, somehow he's responsible for the Billy being a drunk and gambler and Melanie being a two-faced spy that got herself fired from Victor. The other day he was blamed by Dylan for not making Chelsea happy. Let's see what new things get blamed on him on today's show to add to his ever growing list. We should make a drinking game of it. We'd be hammered by the end of the show!

Yup, that's where Adam is headed. Sidenote to everyone to use as an excuse for their own stupidity.

#37   2013/07/13 09:20PM
    Gypsy12

Quote LucyT:
    Quote daydreamer21: With how the show is going I know I feel pretty insulted. I was hoping for things to improve not get much worse. I am not entertained not one bit by any of the s/l's they are all substandaed to me. WTH has happened to Y&R.

I guess the new regime is starting where the old one left off with bad s/l's. I don't keep up with writers and which soaps they have written for in the past. So does anyone know where this team came from? I am just curious because this style of writing reminds me of DOL many many years ago?

Like I said I am INSULTED and wont be watching any longer. I will keep reading this msg board periodically to see if things ever improve.

Anyone who has watched this show for any real amount of time should feel disturbed by the way Y&R is being written!I hope newer viewers would be also!

#38   2013/07/13 09:26PM
    Gypsy12

Not insulted at all. Been a fan for many years. Not sure what you are referring to. I find interesting storylines with each ongoing week. I think that the longer you have been a true fan and watching the show over a period of time, the more you come to appreciate the storylines and the characters, but to each his own opinion. Perhaps you will see the light !!

#39   2013/07/13 09:38PM
    LucyT

Quote Gypsy12: Not insulted at all. Been a fan for many years. Not sure what you are referring to. I find interesting storylines with each ongoing week. I think that the longer you have been a true fan and watching the show over a period of time, the more you come to appreciate the storylines and the characters, but to each his own opinion. Perhaps you will see the light !!

I have been a fan my whole life and this IMO is the worst writing I have ever watched.perhaps you will see the light

#40   2013/07/13 10:36PM
    Kelly777

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote LucySnowe: Fiction has rules, folks. Fiction doesn't mean characters can suddenly do something no one saw coming because the writers wanted to "surprise us". Fiction doesn't mean you can play a hoax on the viewers. Do you honestly think novels are written like this? Let me tell the reader one thing for 300 pages and then, ha ha, I will trick the reader and say "I WAS KIDDING!" How is that entertaining. It's BS. It's absolutely disrespecting your reader/audience's time, emotion and above all TRUST.

You don't have to feel insulted, of course. But please do not suggest that those of who are feeling insulted are somehow unclear that we are watching "fiction."

I am done with this show. I don't care what twists are coming. These writers are not qualified to be penning this material. They have broken rules writers are told never ever to touch.

I am more than insulted. I'm embarrassed to watch this mess.

BRAVO!!!!!

I agree and I'm there too. Haven't watched but I kept up online. I'm really busy at work so if I get an extra hour of time I unwind with DOOL or something with more of an upbeat tone.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list