List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: The Kiss.........oh my.......

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The Kiss.........oh my.......

Started by Cabo at 2013/07/12 05:19PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/16 06:59AM, Views: 4839, Replies: 72
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:
    #51   2013/07/14 06:27PM
    Re: The Kiss.........oh my.......
    Supercouplev...

Quote Kerfuffles:
    Quote Supercouplevilly:
    Quote On a Clear Day:
    Quote Supercouplevilly:
    Quote On a Clear Day:
    Quote Supercouplevilly:
    Quote On a Clear Day: I enjoyed it but I did think it was a bit tepid and they were both surprised and confused by it and tried to sluff it off. And Billy was not too into it. However, that is probably the way they should write their first kiss because otherwise people would be all over them saying how awful they are jumping each other's bones right away while still married to others.... even though Vicky left Billy, & Chloe has left Kevin. I don't think they want Vicky fans to hate on Billy too much. They are just teasing us showing us it could go either way so both fan bases will be hoping for more and better kisses from them, or else for Billy to go back to Vicky. Vicky is being such a brat though, it's hard not to root from Chilly.

Chloe isn't being a brat? Victoria was kidnapped and held at gunpoint, Chloe spent a night in jail, who has more reason?
    Chloe and Kevin have taken their rings off, Billy and Victoria have not.

If Victoria loved Billy and took their wedding vows seriously she would have stayed by his side and made sure he got help for his relapse, not promptly judged him, left him, and left him to escalate in gambling, and left the door open for Chloe to steal her man while she's out riding her high horse.

Victoria knows Billy is a lovable screw up and an addict and that chances are he would have a relapse when she signed onto this marriage. The sensible thing to do would have been to stick by him while he gets help right away so the situation would not blow up into a kidnapping scenario. His gambling was in the very early stages. She overreacted saying she and Johnny were going to be kidnapped. If she was so worried about that, she would have stayed and saw that he got help to extinquish the behavior BEFORE it escalated into something as bad as he got himself into a long time ago after years of high stake gambling all over the world when his mama and Jack bailed him out over his debts.

The writers just had her react this way to stir up trouble and make angst. Unfortunately for Victoria's character all this does is make her character look unreasonable and cold and make viewers feel sorry for Billy who is actually the one who did wrong and should be the one getting most of the bad press. Writing it like this also made a possible Chilly hook-up not seem so bad to a lot of viewers. Victoria's character is yet again the looser in all of this. She is a core character and they should be writing better for her instead of show-casing so many storylines for newbies on in the last 2 years, IMO.

If she stood by his side, why would he stop gambling, he says he wants to, but he isn't doing anything about it, he doesn't really want to, why would he, it isn't effecting his life all that much, and he is winning. Victoria was so disappointed, her taking off with Johnny didn't get him to a meeting, she is doing what she can to protect her child, and get him to a meeting, her standing by his side, might get him to a meeting, but it wouldn't stick, because he would be doing it for Victoria, do you people not watch the show, even Chloe said it has to be him that wants to straighten out his life, what would there be to straighten out if Victoria was still there. He would have no reason to stop.

I will say this, I am not buying the way Chloe and Victoria are acting, I am waiting for the scene with Chloe and Victoria, just watch, there is going to be a surprise.

You don't leave an addict alone and say "now go help yourself and I will be back when you can prove to me you can stop." They can't help themselves if you are not on top of them to babysit them. They will fail. They want to quit but cannot resist the temptation. They absolutely cannot go it alone especially if you are punishing them and shaming them at every turn. You've got to stay right by their side like Phyllis did with Jack during his detox and be supportive if there's any hope of them being successful at beating it. Vicky should not take it personally that he cannot stop. It's not about her and she should not condition her love and withold it because he is still relapsing. He needs help and she needs to be supportive and drag him to get help.

He isn't alone, he just doesn't have his crutch (and yes, that is what she is, even Nikki saw that), he has Jack, Traci, Jill, and yes Chloe (as a friend).

Oh, I agree, Billy doesn't have Victoria supporting him. At all. In fact, as Billy is begging for her support and help, Victoria was cruel enough to tell Billy he'll never be able to kick his addiction. Wow. Guess those "for better or worse" vows mean nothing to her despite FOUR WEDDINGS to Billy in three years.

All the more why I loved the Billy/Chloe kissing scene. Chloe "gets" Billy in a way Victoria never will.

I could care less that Billy & Chloe's relationship started out as just hot sex. As Billy told Jack when Billy didn't want to sign the divorce papers...Chloe "gets to him." There were unresolved feelings between Billy & Chloe that were never addressed.

I for one and happy it looks like Chloe & Billy are being revisited. That kiss played out exactly as it should right now and I loved it. Looking forward to see where it all goes.

OMG Talk about taking something out of context, he won't be able to kick his addiction (as long as he doesn't want to, and right now, he doesn't want to), if you're going to repeat a statement, how about the whole thing.

I'm not bashing Chloe, I just don't believe the way she Or Victoria are acting, I really don't believe she wants Billy, she knows how he feels about Victoria why would she want to be second, she knows, she would never get the Billy that Victoria has (after watching Billy with Victoria who would settle for less). I believe in what Victoria is doing, she is giving him a reason to quit, the only thing I don't believe is she doesn't know what he is doing, I think she knows how he is doing (she is keeping tabs on him), they just aren't showing us.

#52   2013/07/14 06:45PM
    Supercouplev...

Seems some people have it backwards, (or don't understand)it is so easy to be truthful with someone you don't love (you're not afraid of losing them) especially when the one you love, is your whole life, you (because you are human) do something that you know is going to upset them of course you are going to lie, you don't want to hurt them, let them down, or lose them, but in the end guess what, who was the first one he was "truthful" with Victoria, only after telling her, was he able to tell everyone else. Yes she kicked him out, why, because she knows how addiction works, and she knows, if they stayed together, he would just keep melting her heart, and making it harder for her to walk away, (making her an enabler, which is what most loves one trying to help become) because really, the only way he would stop, is if he lost enough to make him quit. Addicts need to hit rock bottom (hope that kiss was Billy's rock bottom, and he actually did go to a meeting). That is what I think that kiss was for.

Chloe isn't a threat, and mostly we are talking about the way Chloe is making a move on a married man, and she needs to go and find one that will really and truly love her, most of us don't hate Chloe, just don't like her making a move on Billy (what fan would like someone coming in and making a move on one of their favorites), and what we thought of the kiss, very embarrassing for Chloe.

#53   2013/07/14 06:55PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote Supercouplevilly: Seems some people have it backwards, (or don't understand)it is so easy to be truthful with someone you don't love (you're not afraid of losing them) especially when the one you love, is your whole life, you (because you are human) do something that you know is going to upset them of course you are going to lie, you don't want to hurt them, let them down, or lose them, but in the end guess what, who was the first one he was "truthful" with Victoria, only after telling her, was he able to tell everyone else. Yes she kicked him out, why, because she knows how addiction works, and she knows, if they stayed together, he would just keep melting her heart, and making it harder for her to walk away, (making her an enabler, which is what most loves one trying to help become) because really, the only way he would stop, is if he lost enough to make him quit. Addicts need to hit rock bottom (hope that kiss was Billy's rock bottom, and he actually did go to a meeting). That is what I think that kiss was for.

Chloe isn't a threat, and mostly we are talking about the way Chloe is making a move on a married man, and she needs to go and find one that will really and truly love her, most of us don't hate Chloe, just don't like her making a move on Billy (what fan would like someone coming in and making a move on one of their favorites), and what we thought of the kiss, very embarrassing for Chloe.

Once again Victoria is thinking about Victoria.

She's married to Billy for better or worse....she just forgot about the worse.

Bottom line....

Billy is in trouble and Victoria should be there for him, but she is not!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/14 07:03PM
    #54   2013/07/14 07:01PM
    Chuckyducky

Ah, we got a couple of Chloe and Billy fans up in here, huh?

Well that's too bad. I don't give a good God damn! That kiss was like sex without the orgasm; and I'm not talking about those romps that go on for an hour but the one-minute man. There was no art in it or any type of flirtation. It was just dead, dead, dead.

Sorry people, still not feeling it!

#55   2013/07/14 07:05PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote Chuckyducky: Ah, we got a couple of Chloe and Billy fans up in here, huh?

Well that's too bad. I don't give a good God damn! That kiss was like sex without the orgasm; and I'm not talking about those romps that go on for an hour but the one-minute man. There was no art in it or any type of flirtation. It was just dead, dead, dead.

Sorry people, still not feeling it!

I bet Billy felt it!

#56   2013/07/14 07:39PM
    mahina

I didn't see the kiss but I know Chilly is always hot. Love EH and BM great chemistry. Billy and Chloe can be their true selves with each other. With others theyre are forced to wear their halos. Except Kevin. I love GR but not Chlovin.

Icky is a hypocrite. She expects Billy to toe the line. But she's ungrateful to Chelsea who gave her Johnny. She's a jealous brat to Victor and Adam. And I hate both Victurds! That whiny brat is incapable to handle her husband's weakness. Poor Billy has to be Newmanize, keep his balls in her purse, kiss her azz and take care of HER. Shes is suffocating the poor guy.

When Billy is with Chloe he's an Abbott and a MAN. They can tell each other off honestly without being afraid. And be with Delia more often because she's Daddy's girl! Her scenes with Mommy and Daddy are always adorable! Bring on Chilly!

#57   2013/07/14 07:50PM
    Supercouplev...

Quote sharon n nick 4eva:
    Quote Supercouplevilly: Seems some people have it backwards, (or don't understand)it is so easy to be truthful with someone you don't love (you're not afraid of losing them) especially when the one you love, is your whole life, you (because you are human) do something that you know is going to upset them of course you are going to lie, you don't want to hurt them, let them down, or lose them, but in the end guess what, who was the first one he was "truthful" with Victoria, only after telling her, was he able to tell everyone else. Yes she kicked him out, why, because she knows how addiction works, and she knows, if they stayed together, he would just keep melting her heart, and making it harder for her to walk away, (making her an enabler, which is what most loves one trying to help become) because really, the only way he would stop, is if he lost enough to make him quit. Addicts need to hit rock bottom (hope that kiss was Billy's rock bottom, and he actually did go to a meeting). That is what I think that kiss was for.

Once again Victoria is thinking about Victoria.

She's married to Billy for better or worse....she just forgot about the worse.

Bottom line....

Billy is in trouble and Victoria should be there for him, but she is not!

Victoria to Billy "Being apart doesn't work for us, being together doesn't work for YOU" Her love can't stop him from gambling, and being together, he has no reason to stop

SHE IS TRYING TO HELP BILLY THE ONLY WAY SHE BELIEVES SHE CAN, AND SHE IS PREOTECTING HER "SON"

#58   2013/07/14 08:01PM
    Tinkerbellz22

I admit I am biased because I am a Chilly fan but I thought the kiss was great. Billy was every inch the defeated man and Chloe was having none of it. She reminded him that he IS a good man (even if he screws up occassionally) and he is IS a good father despite what Victoria thinks. It was an honest and emotional exchange. And honestly Chloe owes Billy nothing. It's not like they have vows any more, and she was the one who took them serious the first time which makes her words even more true.

As for the kiss, Billy could have pushed Chloe away at any time. But I will chalk it up to them both being surprised it even happening. Which I think was the point. Kind of like at the hospital when they learned Delia just had a bug. Billy hugged Chloe and then they both jumped apart as if touched by a live wire and Chloe suggested Billy call his wife...the wife that then hung up on him. After their history them suddenly making out would not make sense. A surprise kiss and a surprised reaction out of both of them does make sense. Just like it makes sense that Billy tied to lessen the tension by giving Chloe an "out" in her comforting him.

Billy's addiction storyline has Victoria really showing her true colors. If it doesn't involve babies she can't be bothered. Victoria is not "giving him the reason to quit", if that was the case he would have quit already. What Billy needed she couldn't give him. Support. Victoria could have tried tough love while being supportive but her henpecking of Billy has gotten tedious and old. Chloe has managed to be supportive while also encouraging Billy to do the steps to get better. That is tough love. Big difference.

Hope they continue to explore these two because in these Billy and Chloe scenes I can finally see some signs of life in Billy and Chloe again.

#59   2013/07/14 08:20PM
    Supercouplev...

I have a question for all these people that seem to be experts on addiction, what would you do.

Be supportive, stay home, try to get him to a GA meeting, (when he really isn't ready to quit), how long do you wait till you have had enough, or do you keep telling yourself, he will get help (because he loves me).Who really believes staying and being "supportive" would make him get help IT WOULDN'T, he would just keep gambling, keep feeling guilty and shameful for it, (keep saying, he will go to a meeting tomorrow) in the meantime you would just keep being hurt by his continued betrayal, (that is what it is, when an addict falls, how can you not feel that way) because he won't go to a meeting, how far do you let your relationship fall before you finally give up, how far will he be, will he be in debt, he will just be so far into the gambling, he doesn't know anything else.

OR. Do you leave now, when it will have the biggest impact, when your relationship can still be saved (if he will just get help), sit in the background (knowing he has family and friends, and they know how to help him), you can be supportive through someone else, but he can't know, he can't quit for you, he has to want to quit, because he doesn't like where his life is, and he wants to change.

#60   2013/07/14 08:26PM
    villyforever55

Quote Tinkerbellz22: I admit I am biased because I am a Chilly fan but I thought the kiss was great. Billy was every inch the defeated man and Chloe was having none of it. She reminded him that he IS a good man (even if he screws up occassionally) and he is IS a good father despite what Victoria thinks. It was an honest and emotional exchange. And honestly Chloe owes Billy nothing. It's not like they have vows any more, and she was the one who took them serious the first time which makes her words even more true.

As for the kiss, Billy could have pushed Chloe away at any time. But I will chalk it up to them both being surprised it even happening. Which I think was the point. Kind of like at the hospital when they learned Delia just had a bug. Billy hugged Chloe and then they both jumped apart as if touched by a live wire and Chloe suggested Billy call his wife...the wife that then hung up on him. After their history them suddenly making out would not make sense. A surprise kiss and a surprised reaction out of both of them does make sense. Just like it makes sense that Billy tied to lessen the tension by giving Chloe an "out" in her comforting him.

Billy's addiction storyline has Victoria really showing her true colors. If it doesn't involve babies she can't be bothered. Victoria is not "giving him the reason to quit", if that was the case he would have quit already. What Billy needed she couldn't give him. Support. Victoria could have tried tough love while being supportive but her henpecking of Billy has gotten tedious and old. Chloe has managed to be supportive while also encouraging Billy to do the steps to get better. That is tough love. Big difference.

Hope they continue to explore these two because in these Billy and Chloe scenes I can finally see some signs of life in Billy and Chloe again.

Maybe Chloe should be worried about her own husband instead of Victoria's. But that's not what Chloe did; she wants a divorce and didn't have the courtesy to even call Kevin when Delia was in the hospital, Victoria is not talking divorce, she hasn't given up on her marriage. So, what's the difference? If what you say is true, that Victoria is not supporting Billy, then Chloe isn't supporting her husband, either.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list